Projekt Revolution 2008 = BEST DAY EVER

Projekt Revolution Tour 2008. The artists on the lineup this year on the main stage was Linkin Park, The Bravery, Ashes Divide, and Chris Cornell, and Street Drum Corps came on a little during Linkin Park's set, and Busta Rhymes didn't show, and on the Revolution stage was Atreyu, Armor For Sleep, 10 Years, and Hawthorne Heights didn't play, either. Now from the beginning...

So my mom went and got my ass up around 10 after I slept through my three annoying as hell alarms. I finally got out of bed when I realized it was about 10:10 and Nancy was coming around 11:30 and I still needed to get stuff done and shower. After somehow digging a massive box of raspberries out of my fridge along with a blue raspberry Jolt I ran and got a shower, and managed to get that done, blow dry and straighten my hair, and get my nails done in under a hour, which is like a record for me. Then we had a small emergency (my bird's an idiot and attacked my dog) and Mom and Angelica ran out to Walgreens to pick some snacks/drinks up for after Projekt, so I was home alone waiting for about 5-7 minutes before I hear my dog barking (I was in my room looking for my camera, it was in the kitchen), and since she only barks at my neighbor's dogs, my dad, and when someone's at the door, it meant Nancy had gottten to my house. so I trip over my Gamecube and manage to not fall and get to my door in record time. So I'm STILL running around my house a little, picking random things up and putting Dad's coffee away, and watched some Fuse (I think they had The Cure's 'Friday I'm in Love' playing) with Nancy until my mom and Angelica got back. After answering a random text from Mitchell we finally got on our way.

Since my laptop was being a bitch I couldn't make the playlist I'd wanted for the car ride into a CD so I eventually plugged my iPod into the car before turning on the radio when we were almost at the Cruzan. We asked two guys where the handicapped parking was because of mom, and lucky us it was free, which was pretty amazing. They were playing country music somewhere, which was I thought was lame since this was Projekt Revolution and not some Keith Urban concert. So after shoving my camera in a random pocket in my abyss of a bag, we went and got through the gates. We hunted a table down and waited awhile before Nancy and I went over for Armor For Sleep, where I got my neck sunburned. Armor For Sleep wasn't that amazing; I was expecting a LOT more.We wound up meeting with Nancy's friend Joelle [sp?] in there and getting hit with a water balloon, which was the first part of my shirt getting ruined.

After that we went to find my mom and Angelica at the table we left them at, and I went and got this awesome strawberry lemonade thing, the same that would later get poured on me during Atreyu's set. So when I sat back down next to Angelica these three kids came walking around for seats and we offered them a bench at our table no one was using. The girl was smoking a black cigarrette and was sharing it with the guy next to her. Angelica started nicknaming people; I got "pyscho chick," my mom just got "mom," I don't remember what Nancy's was, we called the girl with the cigarrette Smoker Girl, the guy next to her Thong Man because he had a thong on his head that he'd bought from the HardCore tent (Nancy got a picture of him wearing it, I have yet to get that from her), and the other girl that was with them got dubbed The Quiet Mosher by me.

We skipped 10 Years since none of us really liked them, plus it was starting to rain. Needless to say, the minute I saw lightning I started freaking out, so we ran over to the bathrooms where we could all stay dry. The 93ROCK tent was only a couple of yards away and I eventually heard 'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)' playing so of course I started singing. It's Green Day, what do you expect? By this time there was some random guy standing a foot in front of me (I was crouched down on the floor next to Nancy and had Angelica standing to my left), which was really weird since this was the girl's bathroom. We were there until about 4 when Nancy and I went over for Atreyu.

Atreyu. That was AMAZING. Me and Nancy worked our way towards the barricades where I almost passed out twice. The first time I kept losing my balance and this awesome guy in a blue shirt in front of me noticed and grabbed my belt and pulled me over next to his shoulder where there was space I could put my head in and get some air. I was clinging onto his sleeve so I wouldn't fall/lose my air space but then I got pushed around so much I lost him again so Nancy dragged me over in front of her where I could again get some air (some ass punched my ribs so I got winded). Then some dickhead came crowdsurfing over us and kicked my head really hard; Nancy told me later she somehow got him back for me. So every time after that I ducked when a crowd-surfer came by. Then, this giant cup of beer came flying over and landed on me and Nancy, although I got most of it. That was the last part of my shirt getting ruined, and I got a strawberry smoothie/lemonade thing like what I had earlier poured on my head.

I remember they played 'Lip Gloss and Black,' 'Bleeding Mascara,' 'Blow,' 'Becoming the Bull,' 'Falling Down,' 'When Two Are One,' 'Lose It,' and 'Exs and Ohs.' I think it was during 'Blow' and 'Lose It' when I thought I was gonna pass out.

I got to somewhat meet Atreyu, too. The whole band signed my ticket and called my mom 'grandma.' And while I was in line for their signing Armor For Sleep walked by so I waved to them and they waved back.

Next was Ashes Divide on the main stage. They were a LOT better than I thought they'd be. After them was The Bravery, and Nancy and I stayed for about three songs before searching for the Ashes Divide signing. We walked around Cruzan twice and asking people if they knew where the signing was, and, of course, no one knew before we finally found them towards the entrance of Cruzan where they take your tickets when you first get there. They were really cool, and signed a lot for us and took pictures with us, too. Plus I got to talk to their keyboardist and guitarist:

Guitarist: -holds out hand to shake [I did]- Hey, thanks for coming - what happened to your wrist? - looks worried at the brace I have on -
Me: I sprained it.
Guitarist: How!?
Me: Playing piano.
Guitarist: Oh man. Our keyboardist needs to hear this. - pokes the guy next to him - keyboardist looks over at him - Dude, listen to this girl.
Keyboardist: - shakes my hand - WOAH, WHAT'D YOU DO!?
Me: I sprained my wrist playing piano.
Keyboardist: - looks a little shocked - I've never done that.
Me: You don't want to.
Keyboardist: Can you still play with it like that?
Me: Somewhat, not much though.
Guitarist: - to keyboardist - You're not playing right, man. If you ever complain about our songs again, remember this chick - points to me -

And, I heard them talking again and the guitarist was like "She's definetly blog worthy." I feel so honored.

Chris Cornell sucked his own, end of story. I was getting a horrible headache from him at the time so Nancy and I went out to the tables for about 10 or 15 minutes until it went away; I figured out a feature on her phone she couldn't find before and my shoes actually came clean for the first time in two years. Cornell kept playing different Audioslave and Soundgarden songs, and Angelica was like "CHRIS CORNELL SHOULD BE COPY-CAT!" I mentioned I knew he was IN Audioslave and therefore could sing those songs but no one remembered he was in Soundgarden as well until the day after when Nancy looked it up and we started laughing about how wrong we were. Turns out he wasn't stoned either, he just looked that way.

Last but certainly NOT least: Linkin. Park. They were AMAZING, and I'd say even better than last year, although I think the set was a little shorter. Me, Nancy, and Angelica were standing on our seats so we could see over the people in front of us until security made us get down. During 'Crawling' they brought Chris Cornell out to sing during the second verse of the song. And, also, during the piano version of 'Pushing Me Away' some dude with a fat shoulder got in front of me so in the little video I got of it you can hear me bitching about it and Nancy laughing at me. I remember they opened with 'What I've Done' and ended with 'One Step Closer,' but played 'Numb,' 'In the End,' 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'Faint, , 'Pushing Me Away' on piano, 'Breaking the Habit,' 'Points of Authority,' 'Lying From You,' 'Don't Stay,' 'In Pieces,' 'Bleed It Out,' 'Wake/Given Up,' part of 'Hands Held High' before 'Wake/Given Up,' and 'No More Sorrow.' If I missed any songs, someone let me know.

After Projekt ended, we sat in the parking lot talking and me getting insanely sugar high off of sour gummy LifeSavers and another Jolt for a while until traffic let up and we headed home. In between leaving and getting home, me, Mom, and Nancy had some random conversations since Angelica was reading from the moment we hit the Turnpike. It went from talking about Hybrid Theory, the day in general, Nancy's friend Joelle, how Nancy got revenge on the asswipe that kicked my head in Atreyu's pit, and a few other things, like some sign on the Turnpike that said "Florida Orange Juice: Good for the Youth." We dropped Nancy off at her apartment and finally got back to my house close to 1:30 A.M.

So yeah, best day ever for me [=
August 2nd, 2008 at 06:45pm