I Have Actually Change My Mind About Miley Cyrus

I use to strongly dislike her, but I've changed my mind.
I still hate her music, and I hate how she's this huge pop thing that people are wasting money on (like $100 concert tickets and purses and underwear and such), but I actually don't hate her, hate her.

Her show is mildly entertaining- I've found myself on occasion watching it when I'm really bored and babysitting and such. It's predictable, cliche, but it's not actually as terrible as people make it out to be.

She doesn't seem like that bad of a person. There's a video on pete wentz's blog (www.ahomeboyslife.com) of them hanging out after FNMTV and discussing things they hate. Miley makes fun of Pete and the whole emo trend, and I have to admit- she really made me laugh. I kind of- don't mind her.

Granted it's a bit hypocritical that she disses Hot Topic and some of the clothes she's wearing is pretty much found in every store, but I thought it was kind of funny.

My mom, who watches a lot of the gossip shows, says she's hearing a lot of negative things about Miley- that she's getting into trouble and taking naughty pictures. That really makes me sad, and question the standards of the society we live in. Why do all these celebrities turn out so fucked up? Why do people want to do that, even though they see everyone turn out so bad?

Well, I'm not going to be a Miley Cyrus fan, buy her merch or enjoy her music, but I deserve a few guilty pleasures. Her show is not that bad, and maybe I'd even get along with her if she was not famous. Who knows?
August 3rd, 2008 at 05:32am