Breaking Dawn

okay so i got it at midnight last night.. or should i say this morning (but i digress) - and lets just say that the festivities at Barnes and noble were so flippin fun. they had a scavenger hunt, during which i was sure some one would take out a knife to fight it out with the winner. No one could find it, really, and people (now 25 minutes into the hunt) began to get frustrated. "I bet there isn't even a fuckin ribbon", I laughed, just in time for Danielle to hear me as she rounded the corner. At this point we were awaiting the hunt to be over so that we could grab some coffee, and us being both delirious and in serious need of caffeine, burst into hysterical laughter.

actually, the hunt got even better. no one could find the ribbon that was hidden so over the loud speaker they announced a "clue" as to where it was. every one froze in dead silence to await the clue and no one made a peep as the loud speaker boomed "it's some where between the windows and the escalator"...

...wait for it....

CHARGE! every one was on a rampage, running violently so that they could be the first to acquire this red ribbon. Finally some one found it (and unfortunately it wasn't me or my friends)

After the hunt had finished we finally got our coffee and approached the line. We were handed bracelets as to the number that we would receive our books. 68-72... that was us. I was the very comical 69, and, since the caffeine hadn't kicked in quite yet, we all, very deliriously, got a good laugh at that little bit.

Finally we received out books and were back to Marielle's lovely house. We read until 8:30 am, slept until 12, and then read some more.

Still, I am not near finished with the book, but I am enjoying every minute of it.
August 3rd, 2008 at 06:04am