Media Influence People (Layla)

(WARNING: If you haven't read Breaking Dawn DON'T read this. I made a couple reference and I don't want to spoil anything to those who may want to read it)

I'm really fed up with this. I'm sorry but honestly if I have to hear "This makes teens think its okay to have sex." I'm going to rip their g*ddamn throats out and shove it where the sun doesn't shine!

A lot of this started with Juno. People thought that she made teen pregnancy look 'cool'. So began the; Media Influences Teens.
I'm aware that this has been going on before Juno but its deffiently been more vocal because of that movie.
I honestly thought they couldn't get any worse until I read that the number one reason (outside the creepy Jacob thing) that people hated Breaking Dawn was because it sent a bad message out to teens. I was like what message? Them; they'll think its okay to get married and have a baby at 18.
Lightbulb!
Everyone in the world is on crack.
Seriously? I don't know anyone who would be dumb enough to think: "Well if Bella and Edward have sex and have a baby then I should have it too."
No. If someone did say that than those issues go back WAY deep.

Here's an example of an arguement that I participated in:

My favorite actress in the world at this moment is Rosario Dawson. So one day while looking on Netflix i found a movie of hers that was available for instant viewing. Ingnoring the negetive reviews I watched it and hated it and then thought nothing more of it.
The movie was about a college student (Dawson) who is raped on a first date and then later seeks revenge on her rapiest.
The movie sucked really bad so there really was no point in someone wasting an arguement on it. But in a thread someone began to complain about two things. One: "This movie is a man hater movie." And Two: "This movie makes it look okay to seek rape revenge on your rapiest."

Tons of arguements were made but the majority of them came back to: "Your only saying this because you are a male."
All the arguements back were dumb. So I decided to put my opinion because I was rather bored.
This is the basis of what I said;

"I get so sick of this! Why does it ALWAYS have to be battle of the sexes? I mean why do we have to look at the revenge movies as man hater movies.
Yes Descent was taking it to far. And yes it was pretty obvious what he wanted but no still means no! I can't stress that enough."

"These revenge movies aren't "man hater" movies. Only if you take them that way. And if woman are taking it seriously as a way to seek revenge than that anger must go farther back. I highly doubt that this one pathetic bad movie could completely brainwash a woman to seek a rape revenge on her rapiest. "

See my point? You don't just watch a movie like Juno and go Ohh pregnancy is cool! No! The only people DUMB enough to say that are the ones who have little to no knowledge at all on the subject. My favorite movie at the moment is Kill Bill but after I saw it I didn't jump up and go kill all the people in my life that have done me wrong. No. Wanna know why? Because I know killing people is bad!
Everyone who thinks that teens are so easily influenced disgust me. Well actually people just disgust me.
I'm not saying that there aren't teens out there that are easily persuaded and down right dumb. What I'm saying is those teens are usually very little educated.
Hopefully you see where I'm coming from. It's not the Media, Movies, and Books that are influencing people. It's the little knowledge of things.
Like maybe if EDWARD knew to put a CONDOM on then him and Bella wouldn't have been in the situation they were in. But no. He didn't because he wasn't thinking!
Sorry I'm rambeling now. I'll be amazed if anyone gets this far.
August 3rd, 2008 at 09:52am