Upate on my mom's horse

The vet finally came out the other day, and said that Arab's stomach was just cholicky. Since we aren't able to water the pasture, there is a lot of dirt, sand and rocks. So he flushed out his system, and left medication for my mom to give him.

While he was there, she asked him to look at her other horse, honey's, eye. We thought it had just been some kind of sore that wouldn't go away since she needed a new fly mask. Well after he'd opened it, to try to clean it out some, he discovered that it's actually eye cancer.

He said if she didn't have surgery to take it out, it would spread through her head and make her blind. So we're trying to try to borrow a trailer to take her in for the surgery in the next week or two. I hate that Arab has been sick, but in a way it was a good thing. We didn't think Honey's eye was serious enough to call the vet. Glad we found out before it got worse.

Unfortunately the lady from the crappy animal shelter in my town doesn't know how to mind her own damn business and told them he looked thin again.

Well they've been out before and been told, one he's old, two he's half Arabian, and most of the time it's just that he needed to be wormed. When he needs it, my mom worms him. So of course when we got home today there was a notice on the door about him.

I'm so sick of them! They mess shit up! And considering it's obvious we take care of our animals and know what the hell we're doing, the neighbors need to learn to mind their own business too. It would be their business if we didn't take care of them, or abused them, but anyone with a brain can see that we don't.

So, our happy mood earlier today turned to being completely pissed off. She just better call back, and not come back over. I'm sick of seeing her face.

Sorry had to rant a little toward the end, lol.
August 7th, 2008 at 10:13am