The Room

Thing for English class. I had to describe my room. I didn't put it in stories because it was this journal assignment thing. Three paragraphs.

Her room was messy. Clothes were strewn all over the floor and papers cluttered up her small mahogany desk. A few paintbrushes were scattered on the floor with memories of paint still on them. Blue, yellow and sunset orange were a few of the many colors. A bitten purple pen was discarded beside her bed. Her polka dot diary was next to her pillow. The cover was closed, hiding her secrets.

A half empty tube of Mango Madness lip gloss was on her bedside table. Two colors of eyeliner stood side by side proud. Black and brown. A charm bracelet that spelled her name on square plastic beads. The book New Moon had a Hello Kitty bookmark sticking out of it, holding the place. A small tube of Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion from Bath and Body Works was next to it.

Her mom had always said her room was messy. But she had always said that her room reflects her brain: a cluttered, organized mess of random objects. Her room reflected who she was and what she liked. Her room was her heaven: a place to unwind after going to school. A place to study and do homework. A place to listen to music and get lost in a good book. Her own room.
August 8th, 2008 at 08:44pm