First Mibbaversery and summer camp

So, August 8th marked my joining this site a full year ago. I can't believe it's been a year already. I'm still a n00b though. XD But it feels pretty awesome. I still remember when I signed up. I have no idea what I did on my computer before I found this place, because I hardly do anything else anymore. But yeah, I love this place and I don't know where I would be right now without it. :inlove: Thanks so much to everyone I've talked to on here. You guys are awesome.

In other news, I just got back from summer camp yesterday (hence why I couldn't actually write this journal on the 8th...) and it was absolutely awesome. It's a religious camp, but apart from a couple daily prayer things and songs we sing, it's the basic package--sports, horseback riding, archery, cabins infested with bugs, and crappy bathrooms (pun intended). Some highlights included:

-Falling into a creek on the nature trail that came up above my knees and had a solid layer of orange muck on top. I fell in because we had to cross it on this little fallen tree trunk laying across it, and I have absolutely no sense of balance whatsoever. It wasn't that bad, except I pretty much ruined my shoes and they're only a couple months old.

-Going out on the rifle range and shooting a gun (a .22) for the first time in my life. I really sucked at it though--eight shots and I only hit the edge of the target once. It was still pretty awesome though.

-Discovering the joys of the improved bath houses. They're still not very good, but last year the showers didn't have much water pressure beyond the kind of watering can with a bunch of little holes. So they're a lot better.

-Having the coolest cabin mates (is that a word?) I've had in the last three years. I was the youngest one there (13; they were 14-16) and it was the first year that everyone in my cabin frequently hung out as one big group instead of always being in groups of two and three.

-Getting totally covered in shaving cream and water during one of the camp-wide activities. Last year it was a faceful of mud and silly string and the year before that shaving cream and flour (which is ridiculously hard to get out of your hair) and it was awesome.

-Being really good at the trivia games they played. XD I know that sounds arrogant, but I liked being able to show off a little bit since I think I was notorious for being really bad at all the sports and stuff. :P

But yeah, it was really cool. Camp makes you appreciate the little things in life a lot more. Like not having to stare at ants crawling around my feet while I'm in the bathroom. Or actually having a real shower (I didn't realize how bad we all smelled until I got home).

Also, I just finished reading Breaking Dawn a couple hours ago. I found it to be pretty awesome.

But I'm babbling now, as I so often do. So I'll let you go now.
August 11th, 2008 at 12:18am