R.I.P Daisy. . . The best cat in the world

I went away on Sunday (10th August), as some of you may know. Sadly, when I returned, my cat had been put down.

Daisy had clearly done something to his tail before I left. It was hanging limply and he wouldn't let us touch it. He was yowling and hissing and clearly in a lot of pain. We also noticed a kink in his tail and wondered if he'd broken it.

Mum took him to the vets after dropping me off at work. When I returned, she told me he had to go back on the Monday so they could have another look at what was the matter with him; he may have had to have his tail amputated.

I left on the Sunday. On the Monday, I phoned home to talk to everyone and see how Daisy was doing. My Mum told me he wasn't well and was in a lot of pain. She told me that his tail was broken and where it was broken was affecting his spine and causing him a lot of pain.

Sadly, he had to be put down.

I returned on the Wednesday to find his food and water bowl gone and, obviously, the beloved cat himself.

We've owned Daisy since he was old enough to leave his mother. And before he came to live with us, we'd visit him anyway as the owner of his mother was a good friend of ours. He was an adorable little kitten, really energetic and loved to play. He also had a hatred for the hoover; I once ended up with scratch marks up my arm because I was holding him when the hoover got switched on.

Daisy grew up to become a lazy-bones with a love for lounging around in the sun. He also loved lying on my bed and underneath it. He was great for cuddles and very affectionate.

The house feels sort of empty without him. Mum says she can still feel him in the house.

I really miss him and won't ever forget him.
August 15th, 2008 at 03:43pm