Writing and Trooper

Okay, I'm going to get my enthusiasm over with first. Ahem.

I SAW TROOPER TONIGHT! They're Canada's rock band, dude, and they're one of the few bands who are good live. Their line-up was amazing - members AND songs - and everybody from little kids to older fans had a blast. Brian Smith (the guitarist, and let me tell you, he is an amazing guitarist for a dude with two grandkids) gave his bottle of water to a girl in front of me, and she flipped out. Don't blame her, I would have, too. Ra McGuire, the lead singer, was really full of energy. More pumped than half the audience. I was right up front and he kept stepping down and shaking people's hands. He was great. Their newest drummer, Clayton Hill, did an almost five-minute solo so the rest of the band could change. I usually don't like drums to play that long, but he made it worthwhile. He was amazing. The keyboard ... er... guy, did a similar piece so the band could change once again. He was also awesome. He was crazy - while most of the band was wearing jeans and t-shirts, this guy had super long hair and a fluorescent purple jacket. He also had a top hat. He's cool. I liked their new bassist the most, though - Scott Brown. He was energetic, and he made bass players seem less ... not needed. You could actually HEAR him playing, and it sounded good. He's not a bad singer, either. :) Not bad-looking, either ...

Now, to the matter of my story. I know it's been dragging lately, and I wanted to reassure my readers that a hopefully exciting chapter is soon to come. I sort of shy away from the action-chapters, even though I like them. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do it properly, so please bear with me.

I didn't want to use an author's note to say this, so that's why it's here. Also, I appreciate feedback, because it lets me know I'm not making any horrible mistakes I might miss in my many re-reads.

Thank you.
August 17th, 2008 at 07:55am