Dominican Republic Trip <3

YOSH!! I'm back from my trip to the Dominican!! It feels so good to be back in my home with my bunny hopping all over me and getting bunny hair everywhere =p I went with my mom, my cousin Jason, and me

The flight there was good. A bit long..4 hours and something minutes, probably 2 or 3 minutes. The heat just smacked me in the face when I stepped off the plane.

The resort was amazing! The lobby was so pretty with birds flying everywhere and fountains and a theatre and a bar/casino/restaraunt that you could come and go whenever you pleased. We stayed at the resort called the Catalonia Bavaro, which was apparently a 5 star resort.

Our room had AC, which Jason and I were happy about =D Though the t.v only had 3 or 4 channels in english, but that was okay. Our room had a hammock outside in the balcony, which was so comfy! It was big, so it could probably fit Jason and I together..and probably still have room for more people.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday were awesome! The people(though they speak mainly Spanish and a little bit of English) were sooo nice! It really helps to know that Italian and Spanish are close together so it's not really awkward when you try to talk to a worker in the hotel.

We went to a Japanese restaraunt Tuesday night, which was when the disaster started. Jay wasn't feeling well, so my mom took him back to our room. After, we picked up some food for Jay because he didn't eat the food from the Japanese place. Apparently, his stomach hurt, so we got some light food for him.

We sleep good, and next day comes!

Low and behold, what do we find? A cockroach. Lovely. MY mom and Jason started panicking and called the front desk. Me? I was still trying to sleep =3 So we got moved to another room, which was in front of the beach. I just have to mention that I will kiss whoever invented the idea of swim-up bars =DDDDDDD THAT PERSON IS A GENIUS!! Okay I got that out.

So the next day, which is Wednesday, we take Jay to the hotel's doctor. She sends him to the private hospital, where the surgeon told us that they needed to operate on him.

The reason? His appendix was infected almost to the point of bursting. They operated on poor Jay, and the operation went well =D They got the infection out of him in less than an hour.

So from Wednesday to Saturday, Jason had to stay put in the hospital, instead at the resort with us =( I slept over at the hospital Wednesday night to keep Jason company, and the spare bed wasn't very comfy. But at least I got to adjust it, so it was good.

Thankfully, Jason was allowed to go home with us today, which I'm greatful for. If not, I would have travelled alone from the Dominican to Toronto..GAH! Too scary for me to think about!!!

I'm so glad I'm home with my bunny and my bed =)
August 18th, 2008 at 02:23am