The weirdest, saddest nightmare

I had this really weird dream the other night. I fell asleep listening to Vienna Teng (I don't know how long she's been singing, but I just discovered her music recently.) Anyway, my dream related closely to one of her songs in-particularly (It was called Passage- the song was sung as if it was a story. The protagonist dies in a car crash and witnesses all who knew her suffer with depression/move on. It's gives a ghost like perspective) . Anyway...

In my dream I was older..by a lot..I was married with 2 kids. They were pretty young. (So, I guess I wasn't THAT ancient). There was a girl who was about 7 or 8 and a boy who was about 4. The 4 of us lived in this beautiful house. I was a lawyer and all was good in the world. (Well....despite lawyers are usually frowned upon, I love arguing and finding loop holes). Anyway, I was up in my room. It was a lovely master bedroom; and I was sitting at my vanity table, putting on my white pearl earrings and finishing my make up. I was wearing a midnight blue evening gown. It was strapless with silver glitter embroidered delicately into it. My husband comes up behind me and wraps his arms around me. He kisses me and asks if I’m ready to go. The babysitter comes, the children have already eaten and are getting ready for bed. As we are about to leave, my daughter comes down the stairs in her PJ's, dragging her little brother by the arm with her down the stairs. They both hug and kiss my husband and I goodbye. We leave. My husband is driving and I take my place in the passenger seat beside him. We get on the highway. He looks at me smiles. I go to hold is hand. My hands are so small compared to his. His hand within mine, I bring his hand up to my lips and gently kiss the back of his hand. He looks over at me again and smiles. “I love you” he says. He turns back to driving suddenly but it’s too late... He tries to swerve to avoid the car in front of us. The front right side of our car violently collides into what he so desperately tried to avoid. My husband and I both died. At the instant we died, our spirits left our bodies and witnessed our physical state. My husband died of brain trauma but my state was much more horrid. My body was barely recognizable. My legs were snapped, the right side of my face was ripped off and my right arm was severed. My once blue dress was tattered, torn and now stained red with blood. It was kinda pretty gross. We both watched our funerals and saw our now orphaned children. I wanted to look away but I couldn't’t. I broke down, balling my eyes out. My daughter stood strong, but I could see her dying inside. My son clung on to my daughter in confusion. The look of fear and confusion in his eyes made me feel even worse. This must be hell. Being forced to watch my children suffer and then grow but not have me there. Have no one there.

That’s when I woke up. I've had pretty messed up dreams, and I'll admit that this isn't the scariest dream I've had, but I can say that this is the first dream I've ever had where I've woken up in tears. o_o

I have NO idea what it means (hell, I don't know if it means anything). I just thought I'd vent it ^^;;
August 18th, 2008 at 07:28am