Left Alone and Fearful

I know this is probably a silly thing to rant about, but it's been bugging me for the past 4 days or so.
Alright, you see, I have this new boyfriend. (if you know me personally, you're probably thinking to yourself "what else is new" and "oh god, ANOTHER one o_o;; ) Anywho, It's been going pretty okay, we've been together for almost 2 months and I'm hoping that it'll last.
It's kinda odd though, he and I were living in 2 different worlds before we met. (Actually, he found me on face book, thought I was pretty, commented my honesty box and was then hassled by me for a good hour and a half for his name. I later found out that he was snooping my friend's profile and that's where he saw me). We go to the same school and he's my age. (sorry, he's older than me by 9 days -_-;; )

But you see, I have a few things on my mind that I consider somewhat problematic.

The first thing isn't really a problem, it's just something that's been putting me slightly on edge. He left to go up to his cottage and said that he'd be back in 2 weeks. For me, 2 weeks is kinda a long time, especially with summer ending and it being the last month of vacation. But okay. So he goes off. I know he doesn't get reception or Internet, but I was kinda hoping for some sign of life from him within the first few days. (few days= first week, closer to the end of week one). I don't get a call. Whatever, he's probably busy, I'm not really bothered by it. Middle of week two, his older sister adds me on face book (i found that a little odd, I thought she was at his cottage with the rest of the family). She then proceeds to tell me that I should call him (she gives me the land line number) and says something along the lines of "oh by the way, he's thinking of staying up an extra 2 weeks". (That's the part that kinda made me go O.o WTF!?)

So i call, and I could tell he was surprised but regardless, happy to hear from me. He tells me that he's thinking of staying the rest of the summer to spend time with his older brother. I'm obviously not going to bitch about it, so I tell him not to be sorry, I understand that family comes first. But I was kinda disappointed because I really kinda was starting to miss him a lot. Despite us only being together a month and a half at that point, I'd still gotten pretty attached to him. Before he left, we spend almost every day together. But after that me and him text-ed a bit. The last messages I got from him were "Don't forget me" and "Don't do anything dumb, I don't wanna loose you. Whether it be danger or another boy, please don't do it". First of, I am NOT a cheater. Secondly, despite it being a text, I don't think I've ever heard him sound...seem so pleading. If he was so worried, wouldn't it make sense to just come home? I miss him a lot, but I'm afraid to call or text. I don't wanna ruin his fun er anything.

Anyway, that's not really what I'm OVERLY concerned with at the moment. What I'm worried about is, he doesn't come home until, I'm assuming the weekend before school starts. At school, we're in 2 COMPLETELY separate groups. The people he hangs out with are the party people who smoke, drink, do drugs and tend to be kinda...judgmental of the unfamiliar? The group I hang out with are the crazy, candy-obsessed random bundles of love who don't generally have a care in the world (and I wouldn't have 'em any other way). We're the ones who skip down the hallway singing "sunshine lollipops and..rainbows.."!

What I'm worried about is...I don't wanna be forgotten and thrown aside just because I don't reach his friends' standards. I already know a good chunk of them don't like me because I have really strong opinions (ie. I can be a bit of a feminist) and I listen to music that they'd consider borderline satanic. (Aka. NOT rap or hip hop)

Yes, I will admit that I don't really like a few of the people he hangs out with, but I'm willing to stay out of their way if they stay out of mine. If they didn't gossip so much and if they weren't so judgmental, I'd probably like them a lot more. But I'm really worried that just because they don't like me, they'll make my life a lot harder than it needs to be. *sigh* -_-;;
August 18th, 2008 at 10:49pm