What would you do?

Hm, so my friends have always kept blogs and I've never really thought any thing about having on untill now. I guess I'll just start it here.

So should I introduce myself? All of you reading this already know me and stuff from Mibba (obviously) but if you just like to read the whole "hello my name is..." things well then i guess I'll just start it. Hello fellow mibba goers. My name is Justine.

Well, where to begin? I bought three gold fish today. I figured pets are a good thing to have and, even though i have a dog already, i wanted a fish too for quite a while. The pet store is by my local CVS and Starbucks; so, while there today with my friend, I finally decided to stop in and buy a fish. I ended up with three.

I bought three little gold fish... even though they weren't quite gold, for 19 cents each. I bough a cute little bowl and some cute little gold fish food. I named the first one, a cute little orange one with a black stripe going down its back, Burt. The second, the smallest of the three and a black speckled color, Chad.

Actually, Chad disserves his own paragraph. Not cause I like him that much; on the contrary. It's because he's just so stupid. Me and Kaelin originally named him Wesley but when we noticed his peculiar behavior we decided Chad was more fitting. He can not swim and when he does it's backwards. And he tends to just float up and down as if he were dead. He also swims and crashes into the sides of the bowl...

...Let's just say he's not the smartest fish in the tank.

Then the third is named Hemmingway the Second. The "second" part is because he's the same color as my friend, Matt's cat, Hemmingway.

Now, I will not lie to you; Burt is my favorite. Well...was. Let's just say our predictions were false. We all predicted Chad would die right away.

Well, i put the cute little bowl, with my cute little fish in my room. I revisited my room later to play guitar and as I glanced into the bowl.... Burt was no longer cutely alive. He was very much dead.

It was tragic.

But moving on, cause I doubt you want to hear about my gold fish rant... I can not believe the summer is almost over. I mean, I can barely remember myself in school, yet I feel like I had no where near enough time for summer.

Did you guys read Catcher in the Rye? I, personally loved it.

But there's this part, in the begging, where Holden is standing on a hill at his school, Pencey Prep, right before he leaves. But he doesn't leave. He's looking for a good bye. So he's standing on this hill and he doesn't want to leave untill he can find a solid good bye feeling from the place of departure... i feel like that!

I need a solid accomplishment. Like, I need a feeling so that I can peacefully give up the summer to my memories. I need to feel like I actually got something done..

The thing is; I don't know what that something is.

Love, Justine
ps. any help?
August 19th, 2008 at 05:57am