The 90's kid.

Welcome to the first installment in which you can plunge head first into my thoughts. I'm sure you will find it refreshing.

So I got asked the other day- "What do you miss about being really young?"
I thought long and hard about what it was I did miss, so here you go, reminisce those golden- "5-8" years that we will all never get back.

My favorite age that I can put my finger on so far is 5. Feeling grown up when you walk out the house with a really tacky, bright pink fluffy hand bag, walking around with a pushchair and thinking- "I look like a grown up..."

I miss the simplicity of waking up each morning, being given a cup of orange juice and not having to pour your own cereal. I miss when "The Family" used to go out to the zoo, because oh how amusing it was to drive through the monkeys who never failed to rip the car into shreds. (No, I lie. This is still hilarious.)

I miss watching cartoons and thinking, "will I have time to watch another episode before mum tells me to go to bed."

And then I got a little older. The phases. I always notice how with younger kids there is forever something that is immensely cool, and everyone becomes obsessed with. Pokemon, glow in the dark sticky stars, yoyo's, game boy and tamagotchi.

BUT, do you know what I adore even more? Looking back and laughing at how innocently stupid I was. I love that when I watch Steps and S'Club now you think- "WHERE THEY REALLY WEARING THAT?" I love that you don't notice anything sexual, and now I look at videos of Robbie Williams and cringe.

So basically, thats what I had to say.
Oh, and I still watch rugrats, that never gets old.
August 20th, 2008 at 02:53pm