My thoughts

Stephanie Rivera (age 15)

We judged each other so harshly forgetting that we are all humans, all equally fated to death. Are we not all treated the same when we are murdered. And does not the pain feel the same in all our heart. When we are severely hurt do we not all bleed? Parents are harsh on their children and expect the world from them, as if they were never young. Children expect parent to provide a safe environment in return. But what is safety, if not a disillusion in which our mind creates to comfort us. Just one of many things that our minds creates for us: Safety, privacy, and self. Self which protects us from hurt yet in reality it only causes more hurt than if we would just open up. A society which is so closed off that “family" time is spent in front of the TV. Media which controls the world and the minds of the youth. Media that poisons us to be a twig but you have to big boobs and a butt. Media which says it’s okay to break out of prison. Media which says it cool to sleep with an older married woman. Media that says it okay to own a gun. Media which says sex sells and exploits and objectifies woman. Is this the world our children will be born into? As if global warming and natural disaster aren’t bad enough no we need peer pressure, bullying, suicide, standards, expectations, tests, sex, lies, tears all these human emotions in which make us both weak and strong. This world so full of hatred it saddens my heart. War, disease, and death famish us. A thirst to live like stars consumes us. We are a dying people where culture and pride dies. And worst of all so does love.
August 20th, 2008 at 10:11pm