old bio

My name would be Joey of Suburbia.

I got my name because when I was starting my comic series in the seventh grade, I needed a name for my alter-ego. I was kind of Green-Day obsessed at the time, and see, Jesus of Suburbia was my favorite song. But I didn't want to be Jesus, cause he's too religious...and male...to really represent me. So for a short time, I was "J. of Suburbia". I do live in the suburbs after all...accursed existence they have provided me with, but anyway, I soon decided on "Joey" so as not to be just "J", and that's how I came into existence...or at least how my pen name came into existence. You probably wouldn't want to know how I myself came into existence...

Anyway, I mentioned I got the name starting my comic series. And that would be the most important point to make. See, I'm a cartoonist. I've had a steady series going since I was just a itty-bitty seventh grader. The name of this series? Band Geeks. Like you would think, it follows the adventures of myself and the other people in my life-while being largely centered around the lovely extracurricular known as band. But this year, it's kind of branched out to include ALL of the aspects of my life-of course, focusing on the more amusing endeavors. Anyway, I haven't counted lately, but I can assure you, the series has at least 2,500 comics done. Probably a lot more. I need to get counting. And...drawing...

But of course, it's called Band Geeks because band is an oh-so important part of my life. I'm a clarinetist. And despite what my tyrant of a band teacher might say...I'm actually pretty darn good. I also enjoy spinning flags whenever marching band season isn't going on...winter guard, anyone?

My physical appearance? Stereotypically, I'm "OMG YOU SHOP AT HOT TOPIX AND WEAR ALL BLACK YOUR SO EMO GOTHIKKX?!?!!?1/" But no. I prefer to think of myself as "alternative" "different" or perhaps, "that kid wears a lot of black, but pulls off tight pants fairly well. But for the basics, shaggy brown bangs, with the rest of my hair pulled back into an equally sloppy bun. My hair naturally has a nice wave to it, but I'll pitch a fit if my bangs aren't straight. I have "emo" glasses that partially obscure my strange eye color...which is a
light brownish goldish hazelish amberish whatever. They're really pretty, whatever color they are. I don't really like the rest of me too much. I'm Italia...about 5'3ish, 108lbs-ish, white, and there's not really much else to say...

As for my interests...
My Little Pony and Ms.Pacman are two of the dominating forces in my life. If you have ever gotten to the pink level in Ms.Pacman, then we have some bonding to do. And of course, My Little Ponys are like, the dieties of EVERYTHING.

Sex life? Nonexistent. Two boyfriends, both sucked, and not in a good way. I'm supposedly "bisexual" but at this point, I really don't like ANYONE. I really just want to find someone who actually GIVES a shit about me. And not like some constipation garbage. I want like, diarreha of caring from someone. Is love and attention too much to ask for?

But yeah, that's a little bit of my story. Holler if you want to know more.

Oh! This is what Emmy-Bear [Midget] said about me in the Heroes thread!

Joey of Suburbia.

I've known her since 7th grade. How we became friends... I'll never know. We disagree on many things and she can do all the things I can't. She can draw, play misic, and has great fashion. She is the best person to go to for any of these. I swear. I care so much about her. She doesn't realize that sometimes... at least I don't think she knows that I am wiling to die for her. She is and always will be one of my best friends.
August 22nd, 2008 at 01:33am