Wipe The Shadow From Your Eyes

So, tomorrow is Panic/TAI/Cobra.
I'd like to say I'm really excited, but I'm anxious more than anything. Which pretty much sucks.

I'm trying to make a mix CD or 3 for us to listen to in the car, and so I'm ripping the music from all the CDs I can find. I want it to be just right.
I get a little obsessive over mixes. It has to be almost as though somebody made it just for that occasion.
I'm looking for a slow start, then some faster songs, louder songs. I'm going to try and avoid the songs of the bands we're going to see until towards the end, where I'm gunna put in some of the older Panic, newer Cobra, the catchiest TAI.
It's led me to discover that there's a lot of music in this house that I've never heard.

Like the boxset I've just found. Nobody has even opened it. There's five CDs of "the best alternative music." I wouldn't say the best, but it's pretty good. My favourite so far is Tie Up My Hands by Starsailor. Even if, admittedly, the only reason I listened to it at first was because it has the same name as a British India song.

And speaking of which, there's a new British India album which I should buy. I'm going to choose some songs from the first album to go on the mix.

Just discovered that the box set has Jerk It Out by The Caesers. Haven't heard this song in ages. It was in an ad for something, I think. Possibly iTunes. It should go towards the start of the mix, I think. It's fast enough to get you in an upbeat mood, but it has that nice cruisey feeling to it. Like... driving around in summer with the windows wound down.

Which is definitely preferable to the weather today. Rain. I do not want to sit in the rain tomorrow.

Also, I have to figure out today which of the entry times are correct; the Rod Laver web site that says doors open at 5, or the tickets which say doors open at 7.

But for now, I'm off to shower and wash my clothes and go find more music instead of doing school work.
August 22nd, 2008 at 01:35am