Drink driving...don't do it!!!

OK, it all started out as a fun drinking night with my husband, our friends Ben & Bekki. Jameson and Wild Turkey. Then the two guys decided to drive to the bottle shop to gte more whiskey...and Bekki got a call about half hour later, that they had an accident, and were near our place.

It was pissing rain, and us two women kinda jetted to where they said they were...car wrapped around telephone mast, Ben sitting on small wall with ambos around him...Steve talking to police. Ben was taken to hospital, aoarently he DIDN'T wear seatbelt, hit the windscreen and was hurled back all the way into the back of the car. Bekki went with him, while the police took Steve into the police station..turned out he was 4 times over the legal limit on alcohol.

I was left alone, outside that damn church, in the rain, crying...not having my housekeys...and no one picked up their damn phones at 1am...until a good friend of mine living close by did and picked me up.

Ben is outta hospital and asleep in our guest bedroom now, so I guess he is alive and well, otherwise they wouldn't have let him go.

Once more...drink driving is something that should never be done...and it scared me for the rest of my life!
August 23rd, 2008 at 09:16am