my chemical romance.

i got bummed for doing something called "spamming" in the last journal i wrote, so here's my actual proper entry thingy.

so, my chem.
i dont know what kind of response this is gonna generate, but i just wanted to get my views on it out there.

basically, love them. to the fucking death. but what's annoying me is that these days saying that means nothing, because pretty much everybody claims to LOVE my chem.
including people who like.. think the black parade was their first album.
and i just dont think its fair. when i say i love my chemical romance, i want to be taken seriously. i dont want to brushed off as some kid whos just grown obssessed over them in the past year since TBP.
cause i do love them. when im pissed, or stressed, or whatever, i listen to them full blast in my ears and it sounds silly, but its a total release.
when i play guitar i jump around my room to cemetery drive and i feel on top of the world.
when im sad i listen to drowning lessons cause it literally loosens the knot in my throat.
when i get ridiculously drunk, i watch mcr videos on my tv and cry over them, just cause its just.. this big emotional thing. not crying in a sad way, just crying in a.. wow way.

and then i find it frustrating that i see people with all this crap like "I LUFFF FRRANKIEEEEEEE" and then like a million pictures of him, then like a million stories about gerard and frank having bumsex.
okay, so writing about bumsex is a laugh for some people, but in my opinion as people, the members of mcr should be respected a bit more than that, much as the idea of frerard is hot *ahem*.

i dont know mcr right, obviously, but they seem like the type of band that, as long as youre getting something out of their music, they dont care how long youve known them for.
but i just cant help feeling that this love of MCR is a fashion. a trend that goes along with this whole "emo" thing thats about lately.

and its not my place to judge, its not my place to say whether someones a true fan or just jumping on the bandwagon, whether theyve been with them since bullets, revenge, or the black parade.
i just find its really undermining for all the like.. die-hard fans out there, that like.. just relate to mcr like they haven't related to anything as much before, that theres this new generation of young teens being all like "MCR SAVED MY LIFE", again its not my place to judge, but this is my journal, so i mean.. they probably didnt. i just dont like how because of all those people mcr are seen as a joke. as emo-trash.
because theyre so much more than that, and i cant help but feel that its "emos" liking my chem that are giving them a bad reputation.

i dunno, it just frustrates me that i feel so much when i switch on early sunsets over monroeville, when theres people just liking mcr for the sake of fashion.. trend.. to belong.
who act like they connect to them sooooo much more than anyone else, when some of them dont.

for me, my chem is THE band. they are the first band ive ever listened to and enjoyed all their songs. their the first band ive obssessively looked up how to play all their songs so i can play along with them and get that amazing feeling from it. theyre the first band ive ever thought to emotioanlly turn to, cause before, music to me was about technicallity. the quality, the guitar, the bass, the drums.
but when i listen to my chem its just.. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. it just takes over.

this is kinda vague and stuff i know, but im hoping im getting across what im trying to say.
opinions and comments etc are welcome.
August 23rd, 2008 at 04:04pm