A Not So Normal Friday

As you all know, I'm in the Color Guard (with flags and rifles?), and every Friday night we perform at the schools football game.

Well, yesterday was our first football game, and one of the most horrifying experiences of my life.

Let me explain:

This is my first real year on the Rifle Line. SO I'm a bit scared of dropping my rifle and screwing up horribly.

So yesterday we performed and as I was going into the second song (where I would be doing rifle work) I got so scared because I knew I was going to be front row center, on the fifty yard line for most of it.

I didn't drop but I did make a few minor mistakes, which I'm glad for. But it was still the most horrifying experience of my life.

Another bad thing that happened on Friday was that Sara; one of my best friends and fellow rifle line member sprained her ankle during the practice three hours before we were going to perform.

What's funny about it is that on our rifle line of seven girls, she had been the only one to not be injured, but that changed last night.

I felt so bad for her, and still do.

Good news is that she'll be able to practice with us on Wednesday…hopefully.

And that was my not so normal Friday!
August 23rd, 2008 at 09:13pm