Gilmore Girls (for real???)

Ugh, today was kind of depressing. My mom and I went to the lake to see if we could catch some fish. We didn't catch any, but we had some fun talking and getting ice cream (not that either one of us needed it). But anyway, there were some people from my school there too. They were sophmores, but I know a couple of them. It's a little weird, but I felt like such a loser being there with my mom while they were hanging out, having fun and listening to music. I hang out with my mom a lot. We're very close too. I tell her everything. But, is that weird for my age? Aren't you supposed to hate your parents when you are a teen. You know, the classic rolling your eyes at them when they ask how your day was? My mom is really cool though. She is not embarrassing at all, and pretty much respects me enough to let me do whatever I want (within reason). She can totally relate to me too. It's like talking to one of my friends. I can even swear around her without her giving a second thought about it. My friends even like her. She is a single parent, but she is a really great one. By the way, she is not a slacker parent. She says that i am mature enough to make my own decisions and she does treat me with respect. My dad is still around, and I see him quite a bit, but we just don't have the same relationship. But is it just weird to have a Gilmore Girls relationship (hence the title) with your mom as a teen? It is not a childish one, more like a more mature relationship. Am I just more mature than people my age or am I weird? I know i shouldn't really care about what people think of me, but really, who doesn't?
August 24th, 2008 at 04:39am