Saltimbanco <333

FINALLY! I went to a cirque du soleil show, the second one I've been to since I was either 8 or 9 years old. The show was 'Saltimbanco', and I'm still trying to pronounce the name. Oh well.

The show started at 7:30, and my mom and I got there at 6:30. Eh, I was being cautious because when we went to see Varekai, we got there in the middle of the show =( I missed the sexy aerial twins! So I decided that it wouldn't happen again this time. And it didn't =D Our seats were pretty good. They were at the side of the stage, so we could see everything. Plus, we weren't at the mercy of the clowns XD

The clowns were the funniest act I've ever seen! They were talking and getting the front row people out of their seats and then stealing them! Ahaha! One clown got this one guy to stand up and lift his arms up....then the clown stole his shirt XD They wanted his pants as well, but the guy knew that and was holding onto them with his life X3 Ah, funny stuff.

The singer was amazing! She had the best voice(second to Francesca Gagnon from Alegria) that I've ever seen..er..heard.

Anywho, I think I got the story behind their acts. My mom didn't, so I was happy that I got the message behind their actions instead of my mom for once.

The Russain Swings made my hands sweat! I thought for sure that some of the performers wouldn't make it on the others' shoulders, but I was wrong! They prove you wrong in so many ways! Wow.

The music just wanted to make you dance along to it in your seat. I wanted to try the bungees when they were performing. It looked like so much fun!

I got a cd of Cirque's best songs from different shows, which was cool. I was singing along to the song 'Egypte', which my mom was laughing to, because the song was in a different language.

I wanted to get a t-shirt as well, but my mom said no =( They were really nice shirts as well. The kind of ones that you'd try on and the shirts would make you look slim =/ Oh well there's always Amazon.ca to order from.

And now I'm all jittery and hyper from the show.
August 24th, 2008 at 06:16am