High-school

I just suddenly hit me last night that it's all over.

I've been working my butt off for pretty much four years, for one thing. My GCSEs.
Well I picked up my results on Thursday, and passed everything, so I can head easily over to the next stage of my life.

But I don't know if I'm ready for such a change. I have become so used to school life, since I was in first school. Get up in the morning, go to school, do work (debatably), come home, chill, do homework/coursework (debatably), go to sleep, repeat.
Apart from on weekends and holidays, obviously.

But now all thats over. I'm going from doing 10 or 11 subjects, 25 lessons a week, to doing only 3 subjects, I'm not sure how many lessons a week. Along with 6th form, I'm going to be looking for a job/actually working.

It's just all suddenly weighed down upon me, and I've realized that for so, so long, I was waiting to just leave school behind, and now it's over.

There was the last day, where I enjoyed a meal with all of my friends, some of which I may never see again. Then there was the prom, everyone enjoying themselves. It didn't matter who you were, and who you've never got a long with through school, everyone was friends that night. And Thursday was the last high school related thing I'll ever do.

That chapter of my life has ended, and I really wish that I could have it back. I look back over photos that were taken during high-school, and I miss it. I really do.

Anyone who's reading this, who still attends high-school, I know you may think it sucks, but seriously, try and enjoy it as much as you can. Don't think about the future, and when you can leave, just think about the now.
August 24th, 2008 at 02:08pm