Newsflash: America is a whole freaking continent!

I've been pms'ing all day long. I haven't had this big a nervous breakdown in three years, so I just exploded today. So, for my release, I decided to make this lovely journal entry about things that usually annoy me a little but that today I found so freakishly murder-driving that I almost started yelling at the mall.....

1. The reason for this entry's title.

When I was little, I learnt about the "American Dream"... you know, the dream about a happy-go-lucky family of four, with a big nice white house in the suburbs, a new car and all shiny and clean. At first I was very proud because I was living in the continent where those things all people wanted happened, then I realized they were just talking about that one country in the North of America that had apparently claimed the name of the whole continent for it's own...
Yeah.. I know, stupid thing to find annoying, but sometimes it does bother me, I mean... I do live in freaking America, only not in the US.

2. My country is turning in Chinatown and a B&B for Colombian terrorists.... -_-

I have great friends that are Asian and Colombian, but, you know, one can take so much of immigrants in a third world country like mine. I mean, Colombians are great, and fun, but when you have the FA-RC roaming around here, well, not so much. I was mobbed by one, and let's not forget that once when 3 were chasing me down the street.
And, as for the Chinese, they're OK, but they recently are everywhere (our president decided not to ask for a visa to enter our country.... so... well, we're immigrant haven as we use US dollars here). They're going to be a problem in the future, no offense to anyone, but we are really tight here, in space and money.

3. Now, the one that has been pestering me for years now:

YES, Spanish conquistadors and invaders were unfair to the indigenous people;
YES, they were murdered, and exploited;
YES, their ancestors were here first.....

BUT,
NO, I certainly will not sacrifice the land my family has worked their arses off for to them;
NO, I will not accept their culture as mine and
NO, I won't accept that they get all these privileges and they let all the 80 % of the non-indigenous population rot.

I mean, I know their ancestors (and mine too.. I'm mixed) were wrong-played, but c'mon, that was over more than a century ago. They should stop complaining and stop pestering everyone else that's not indigenous. I mean, I have all the right to be here, in the country I claimed as mine and speaking my mother language, I will not budge and start speaking theirs... And it's not even from my ancestors as mine came from different tribes, therefore, they spoke different languages. I cannot and will not accept the government trying to get along with them and using them only for the upcoming election process.... I mean, they're ignoring the whole country for these people that only whine and whine everyday about their ancestors' suffering...

My greatgreatgrandfather was murdered by many of them. He was decapitated and severed the extremities, and then his body was dragged around the city, along with the only president that did something good for this country, and then he was incinerated while they DANCED around it all... and now all of them proclaim the fallen in that horrible manifestation as heroes.
My ancestors suffered a great deal too, but I'm over it. And they shouldn't even talk about me having better opportunities. Kids from their communities are given full scholarships for the top and most expensive colleges in the country and abroad. Obviously, the guilt trip is working for them. They have it hard? They use Macs and iPods and have last generation cellphones... I can barely afford college right now.

In other words.. I so want to go up there to one of their manifestations and tell them to go to hell.

I could continue, but I have several things to do right now... like, stop crying and go yell at my mother.... -_-

And yes, I know I'm being childish here...
August 26th, 2008 at 06:23am