...Let them go...

One of my best friends happens to be a guy I've known since we were pipsqueaks. He still had a tiny little high pitched voice, and wasn't more than 4 feet tall. Now he's twice my size, and one of the biggest manwhores I'll ever meet. And I love him for it. I wouldn't wish him any other way. Most of the time.

He's always watching out for me, and pretty much scares the crap out of any guy who tries to ask me out by being the lurking big brother figure in the darkened corner. We always hang out together around classes and drama events. Even if we we're on opposite sides of a room, there're side long glances, and stupid faces made just to get the other in trouble for laughing in a deathly silent classroom. That's how we show affection for each other, I guess.

It was, anyway.

Everyone was so excited to go back to school and see each other again. I hadn't seen most of my friends since the last day of school, so I was practically jumping up and down when I saw everyone (I'm kinda spastic, I know). I couldn't wait to see all my friends, epecially my "big brother."

And he barely looked at me.

Sure, I get it. When you're popular, you have to make your rounds, right? That's what I've been told. I get it. I can be patient. Until almost a week has gone by, and your sorry ass still hasn't said anything to me. I can comprehend, popularity, I can comprehend classes, I can comprehend a need for space. But what I can't comprehend is how someone can call you their "other half" defending you one minute, and throw you aside the next. That's not how you treat a goddamn best friend. Do guys just spout what they think you want to hear?? Do they know how much their lies hurt us? Do they even care how much they mean to us?

It's situations like this that makes me think 'no'. All the happiness and hope they give you, ripped right out of you. And the worst part is, as soon it's gone, you realize that that's all you had; that stupid hope, and that fake happiness. ANd you're left completely empty and void. All because of a stupid boy...

What a stupid stupid girl I was.

You know you've got nothing when you're best friend suddenly makes no effort to see you. So what are you supposed to do?

...Let them go...
August 28th, 2008 at 11:26pm