Lies for a Liar is back fron Reading Festival. All in all, an amazing weekend.

I can't believe Slipknot and Aveneged Sevenfold pulled out. And I can't believe they replaced A7X with Bring Me The Hair Straightners. Like hell, my mum dropped me off on Sunday morning outside the main entrance 'cause she had to go to the travel lodge, I got lost for half an hour, when I finally got to the arena as we went through the gates they were announcing about how Matt Saunders had "strained his voice" so Aveneged couldn't play (this is the second chance I got to see A7X and the second time they've pulled out. I was meant to go a few years ago and they cancelled), and by this time I thought I'd missed most of Mindless Self Indulgence so I was getting more and more pissed off, and then I went into the arena to find BMTH on stage to 'make up for our losses'. I almost bottled them. Almost. But Luckily I didn't quite sink to that level.

So on Sunday the Line-up was screwed on the main stage because two bands pulled out. After BMTH there was like a 40 minute gap until Alexisonfire came on stage because they had to sort out the line-up for the rest of the day. MSI played a longer set later on, and it clashed direct with Hadouken! so I completely missed them. Further pissing-off-ness. However, it wasn't until Feeder came onstage and played that my mood was lifed. They were amazing. I'm going to go and see them in October once I've got a few people to come with me. Unless Amy's doing that for her birthday 'cause Slipknot aren't playing at Bristol.
I don't know, I'm going anyway :]

But yes, You Me At Six was an experience and a half. Because it was a festival crowd everyone was a bit older, taller, more riotous. It was crazy, I thought all my hair was gonna get ripped out and I got stuck while trying to take my jacket off. This fat guy jumped on my foot and it got really bruised and swolen and it hurt when I walked for three days. It's okay now though. I almost lost my cool hat, I thought I was gonna get crushed by all the tall people around me. So basically, I was fucked. I couldn't stay in the crowd for All Time Low. I needed a drink and a walk with some fresh air. I went back and watched ATL play the end of Six Feet Under The Stars and The Beach before I left to go and see Bullet, who were on and off late so I missed the whole of The Audition too. Bullet were fucking awesome though.
They had fire and fireworks. They played in one of the tents. I got scared the whole thing would go up in flames D:

The Blackout were fucking amazing too. Seriously, they've just got that sense of humour and the accent just tops it off. If they wrote their songs about things other than having sex with girls then they'd be even better. I know not all their songs are about that, but a fair few are.

I don't stay for Sunday night because the 2006 experience had me scared for my life. In brown camp, which is now indigo, and we were on the end near green. Left at 3am to go and sleep on the station, now we sleep in a Travel Lodge on the Sunday night. But I heard the riots were a lot worse this year than they have been in previous years. For the Thursday, Friday and Saturday I though the festival had a lot less rowdy people and they all seemed more interested in wearing dresses they bought at the Oxfam shop/tent or just dressing up like a cool person. But on Sunday they were throwing random people's tents into fires and one woman had someone try to steal her tent and she told him to eff off so he said "you can go in [the fire] with it then" and zipped her up inside her own tent and dragged it towards the big fire. One man, ONE, tried to stop this insane kid and she got free unharmed. One man, and there was about 50 other people there all shouting "throw her in!". There was also a man who was there with his family and he had to stand outside the tent to stop people harming his wife and 12-year-old son, who was shaking and so scared that he wet himself. People ran around jumping on people's tents with poles. When security guards and stewards tried to stop them doing anything they were greatly outnumbered and so the people threw bottles at them. When the police finally arrived at 4am they got bottled as well. To be honest it's not really acceptable. I think I might write an article on the riots and what Festival Repbulic and the organisers need to do about it. I don't camp Sunday because of what happened in '06 even though I now camp in white where there are virtually no riots or 'angry mobs' that have nothing to be angry about. A lot of people are considering not going next year because of this year, and some people are completely put off and will never go again.
August 29th, 2008 at 03:28am