Please Help! : I need your opinion :)

Hello!!

I am taking a creative writing class for school as a semester class, and one of our first assignments is this:

Title: ‘Mr. Jones Bad Day’

Start: ‘Down the street from you lives Mr. Irwin Jones, a quiet, middle-aged man who lives alone and works as a bank teller. Because he works hard and plans well, his life usually goes quite smoothly, if uneventfully. Then one excruciating day, everything goes wrong.’

The point is to pick one of these questions to answer.

Questions: “What happens…”

1. Right after Mr. Jones’s house alarm goes off?
2. While he rides the bus?
3. While he’s walking his dog?
4. Just before the bus arrives?
5. When he’s eating his cereal?
6. When he meets his first customer at the bank?
7. When he’s brushing his teeth?
8. While he eats lunch in the bank cafeteria?

Being me, I couldn’t decide which one to answer with a story, so I just wrote a short one for each. And I was wondering if you could help me pick the best one. It’s supposed to be a comedy 

1. Renaldo, Mr. Jones dog, trots into the room with a mess of colorful wires in his jaws.

2. He places his change into the ticket machine, only to see that it is out of order, and the bus driver was too busy combing through his greasy beard to notice that he had already paid. The bus driver said “Nick try buddy” and makes him pay again.

3. Renaldo, Mr. Jones dog, catches sight of a small bunny and manages somehow to catch it without Mr. Jones noticing, who, at the time, was speaking to a neighbor. When they reach home again, Renaldo lets the still very-much-alive bunny go, and it turns into a wild goose chase to capture it again.

4. Mr. Jones sits on the green bench only to fin d that it is cover in wet paint, and the sign that was supposed to warn him of it had blown away. As if the situation wasn’t bad enough already, the bench seat gave way from under him, resulting in Mr. Jones, in all of his green-butt glory, tumbling onto the grassy earth beneath him.

5. A chunk of his plaster ceiling falls, and lands square in his bowl of cereal, splashing him with his own cheerios and 1% low fat milk.

6. His first costumer turns out to be a woman, maybe in her late twenties, who turns out to be a major sugar-addict. During the entire exchange, she is constantly plucking red and white mints out of the dish on his desk. By the time her transaction is finished, she has managed to empty the entire contents of his crystal candy dish- half in her bright reds purse, the other in her mouth.

7. The handle snaps and the bristles all fall out, causing Mr. Jones to choke violently on bristles and minty toothpaste.

8. He decides to sit out on the patio because no one else is out there. But no one bothers to tell him why it’s completely deserted. There is no need though, for he soon finds out himself. As soon as he sits down, a colossal pelican dive bombs him at his table.
______________________________________________________________________

If you read all of this, THANK YOU!!!!!!! Can you PLEASE tell me which number I should use for my story?

Or maybe even a suggestion or something?

Anyway, thanks again!!! 
August 30th, 2008 at 09:54pm