My feelings are so hurt right now, I need cheering up.

Friends are real pains in the asses, you know that? I mean I love my friends and all, more than anything else in the whole wide world, but they are so bitchy.

For the past year and a half of my life, I've been struggling with self esteem problems, trust problems and depression problems. However, this past summer has been a turing point for me. I've over come my depression problems, and my self steem has shot striaght up for me. I started to love myself just recently. I used to hate myself and everything about me. And all I used to care about was making other people happy and totally forgot about my happiness. That's all changed in the past three months. It sounds selfish, but my happiness matters the most to me. My friends STILL matter to me, but I need to take care of myself too. You know?

Well, this is what hurt my feelings. One of my friends left this in my truthbox on mysapce:
"dear mallory,
i love you and all,

but honestly, you've changed soooo much from last year and i don't know if i like it... i'm glad you have a higher self esteem now and all, but i liked you sooo much more last year. last year i felt as though i could talk to you about well, anything, and this year it just seems as though you care more about yourself and it sucks because i see you as one of my best friends. i just wish you would be the mali from last year, the one that made everyone happy :["

That hurt my feelings so much and sent me spiraling down the same path I was going down a year ago. It hurt me so much, like I'm ready to cry right about now. I finally love myself and then I get this. =/ It hurts.
August 31st, 2008 at 12:17am