BATMAN 3!!! ...Batman 3?

Ok, so we've all seen The Dark Knight, correct? Duh. And we've all went back again to see it another 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,028 more times, right? Ok, so we all know what happens. But what we don't know is what happens next. That's right, folks, I'm talkin' Batman 3.

There's been a lot of heated debate over who should be in the next Batman film, and I'm giving you my input on the 7 don'ts and the 7 maybes.

Be warned: This is going to be loong, looong, loooong. So I suggest getting up and making yourself a nice pot of coffee and get a few doughnuts. (Mmmm.. doughnutsssss)

The seven Don'ts of Batman 3

7. Two-Face
You might be wondering why Two-Face is here; don't get me wrong, Two-Face was an awesome villain, but him being in the third movie would just be wrong. Fans of The Dark Knight are getting their panties in a bunch about how we don't know for sure about Two-Face's death. The truth: We do. He's dead. Kicked the bucket, pushed up daisies, bit the dust. How do we know? For the love of Bob, we saw his funeral. Unless I didn't get the memo about the definition of funeral being changed to 'a ceremony where we don't really know if they're dead or not, we just bury them six feet underground and hope for the best,' I'm guessing that he's dead.

6. Penguin
I think the main reason the Penguin is on here is because a villain named after a cute, fuzzy, dancing flightless bird just isn't that cool. But that's just my opinion. The other reason being the Penguin isn't that different from the mob. He's basically a suave, fat version of a mobster with an obsession with birds and a thing for 'trick umbrellas'. He might do some good in a musical with Rihanna, though.

5. Poison Ivy
In my opinion, Poison Ivy is a pretty cool chick. She's pretty and eco-friendly and doesn't let men boss her around. Unfortunately, as a villain she's kind of sub-par. I mean, her powers are basically being able to grow plants and make men fall in love with her. She's no more intimidating than a pretty girl with a garden. Plus, in case you haven't noticed, all of the villains and the hero don't have real 'powers'. It makes the movie more 'real' and 'believable'. Last time I checked, controlling plants falls under the category of 'super power'.

4. Mr. Freeze
Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze was enough to make me hate this character forever... But I guess that's just me hating on the governor of California. I'd be willing to give Mr. Freeze a chance if he was a cooler character. And if he was harder to defeat. The reasons for all these? First of all, he's not that cool, which is a really big, big, big factor for the characters of Christopher Nolan's version of Batman. You see, folks, what makes the villains of Nolan's Batman is how dark they are. Mr. Freeze just isn't that. Secondly, he's relatively easy to defeat; you can either point a hairdryer at him or you can kick his ass by ice-skating to him with your Bat-skates. The defense rests!

3. Batgirl
Ok, call me crazy, but I don't think Batgirl is needed by Batman. Not in the Nolan films anyway. Think about it: in the first two movies Batman faced Ra's Al Ghul, Scarecrow, the mob, Joker, and Two-face without a chick helping him. Besides, Commissioner Gordon is already kind of like Batman's helper.

2. Bane
I don't like Bane. I just don't like him. He's like a Hulk who went to college wearing a wrestling mask. I'm not really sure just what makes me detest him, but I have a feeling it has to do with the way he's dressed. Plus, a big buff guy just doesn't seem right for the type of Batman in the Nolan movies. You see, none of the villains have been super-super buff. Sure, they always have some muscle, but there were no masked-Mexican-wrestler types out there. It's like trying to fit the wrong pieces of a jig-saw puzzle together.

And finally on the 'DON'TS' list..

..DRUM-ROLL PLEASE!

1. Robin
Some of you might be surprised at this while others will totally get where I'm coming from. I hate Robin. For the love of the gods, he runs around in his underwear! Oh, and don't even try to tell me Batman runs around in his underpants; he doesn't. Batman has armor covering his legs. What does Robin have? Nothing! Zip! Nada! Zeeeeeero! And don't you think that having to babysit a twelve-year-old kid dressed in bright red and green would take away from the 'this-guy-could-kick-my-ass' factor of Batman? I rest my case.

Alright, so right about now is the time for you to get up and go to the bathroom because I know that this thing is long. So, you know, get up and go. I'll wait for you, don't worry. Just think of it as a little intermission..

Hmm hmm hmm.. La de da de da...

Ok! Now continuing my list of Don'ts and Maybes for Batman 3, let me present to you:

The seven Maybes of Batman 3

7. Joker
Why is the Joker so low on my list of maybes? And why isn't he on my list of required??? Well, let me tell you, it was a tough, tough decision to put the Joker on the maybe list. As we all know, Heath Ledger the wonderful actor who played the Joker passed away in January of this year. It was sad for everyone, especially Christopher Nolan; you could tell by the end of The Dark Knight that he had more in store for the Joker. The Joker is included as a maybe because if and only IF they could find an actor talented enough and who looked the part they could recast the part of the Joker. Some might view this as being disrespectful to Ledger, however, others argue that it's what he would have wanted. I've heard some people say that Johnny Depp should play the part in the next film. I've remained neutral on that though; I can't really say if I love the idea or not.

6. Deadshot
I can sadly say that I don't know a whole lot about Deadshot; he's not one of my most favorite villains but I do think that he would be a worthy bad guy for Batman to fight. It's hard to find a sniper, especially a really really good one. Deadshot paired with another bad guy would make an interesting story for Batman 3, especially since the citizens of Gotham would blame Batman for the deaths caused by Deadshot because he took the blame for Two-Face's actions.

5. Catwoman
A lot of people are hoping for Catwoman to be in the next Batman movie. I think it depends on how they present her background. I don't want to hear ANYTHING about cats licking her back to life. I want to see the tough prostitute Selina Kyle turn into the thieving Catwoman! I also want to see a good actor for her, too. Not Halle Berry. I wish Eartha Kitt was still young.. Those were the days (for you youngsters, she was the woman who played Catwoman on the 1960's TV series Batman and she was purr-fect). But besides that, I read in Time the other day that Cher was rumored to play Catwoman. These rumors proved false but BY GODS, I was bewildered! I mean, I know Cher is pretty and all but SHE'S 62!! That's pretty old, and you have to be pretty young and limber to be Catwoman. Though, with the clothing she's worn way back in the day, she kinda has the prostitute thing down (No offense, Cher!!! I love your hair! Seriously!).

4. Scarecrow
Now, before I get to the part where I actually discuss why this villain would do some good in Batman 3, I have to say, a part of why Scarecrow is on here is because I would assume that Cillian Murphy would reprise his role and also because Cillian Murphy is one.. hot.. guy... and I love.. love... love seeing him... and his.. blue.. eyes.......
SORRY. Spaced out there for a second. Well, besides me having a huge crush on him he was never properly 'captured' in the Batman Begins and even had a cameo in The Dark Knight. The fact that he wasn't captured is a good enough reason for me to include him on the maybe list although just Scarecrow alone versus Batman just wouldn't be enough.

3. Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn is almost perfect for Batman 3. It would be like paying homage to Heath because Harley is the Joker's girlfriend. Having Harley in the movie would also make an interesting plot for the movie with Harley Quinn trying to get back at Batman for taking her puddin' to Arkham (assuming that's what he did with the Joker). Harley could also be used as a tool to include the Joker in the movie without actually having him 'in' it. The Joker could be controlling Harley from behind the scenes; using her as a puppet. Oh! Did I forget to mention that Harley Quinn is pretty much my favorite comic book character? Well she is. Just thought I'd share that with you.

2. Riddler
I think that if they used the Riddler, they would have to make him more dark. He needs more of a drive to kill and has to be a little bit more 'twisted' you know what I'm saying? It would be a lot of work, but I think that some how, some way they could get the Riddler to be equally or more murderous and crazy as the Joker. It seems to me that in The Dark Knight the Joker just tells Gotham what will happen and where (e.g. a hospital will be blown up... Just gotta love the Joker in a dress) whereas the Riddler could keep everyone guessing.. And if they guess wrong, something twice as bad will happen! It's evil, I tell you!!!

And now, ladies and gents, we have reached the last foe for Batman to face. Now, I know that this is under the 'maybe' category, but for me it falls more so under the 'MANDATORY' selection.

Can you guess what it is?
Guess correctly, and I won't KILL this carrot..
Get it wrong though, and I'll kill two carrots!!!

I bet you got it wrong...
And the answer is....

1. ALL OF GOTHAM
Alright people, I bet most of you are confused, but get this:
At the end of The Dark Knight, Batman takes the blame for Two-Face's actions so that Gotham can still have faith that things will get better and still believe in Gotham's white knight, right? And the movie ends with Batman being chased by the cops! The third movie should focus on Batman having to be chased down and hunted by the police, hated by the citizens of Gotham, and pursued by every crook, every thief, everyone! He can't be around Commissioner Gordon anymore, he's all alone with no one but Alfred! Maybe he's got to hang up the suit and while this happens crime in Gotham climbs? I don't know, but he's got to be hunted down.

So, that concludes my opinions on 14- that's right, take off your socks and count- 14 possible characters/foes for the third Batman movie!
Alright, that's it for me because I'm really, really tired from writing all this (why can't I work this hard on school things?) so post a comment on what YOU think and debate amongst yourselves!
August 31st, 2008 at 09:38am