I Find Mibba Fascinating

I really do find Mibba and its users fascinating. I don't mean this in a necessarily good or bad way, but I do find this site to be quite interesting. I've been a member for over a year, but I don't really post much when it comes to journals or posts on the message boards or things like that. Not too much, anyway. But that doesn't mean I'm not browsing the site and observing things. And, well, my browsing has led to some interesting observations and assumptions I can safely make, some of which I shall post now.

1) If you're a guy, RUN. As FAST as you CAN.
While most of the guys on here, I've noticed, are banned soon after joining for being fake, that never seems to stop the overwhelming number of girls that comment them, saying random things (you know, "-gives you cake-", "-hands you a cookie-", etc.) and warning them of "comment rape." To be honest, I find this rather hypocritical since, well, by commenting the person, you, too, are adding to the "comment rape." It seems like an excuse to comment someone without looking retarded to me, but then again, I could be wrong. Plus, I never could stand the term "comment rape." Oh well.

2) Journal topics are usually repetitive
Hot journal topics, pardon me if I leave any out, are:
-Bands (MCR, FOB, Paramore, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus [usually bashing]), etc.
-Rants of daily life (oh, how horrid it can be sometimes)
-Homosexuality, usually encouraging and defending it and sometimes bashing homophobia
-Rants about Mibba
-Sometimes, I've seen journal entries such as the one I am creating, which is more of an observational journal more than a bashing or defending one
-Lately, The Dark Knight

These topics along with several I probably left out on accident usually appear over and over again. Some start controversy, some receive incredible amounts of support. But, I mean, there's only so many times you can say homophobia is wrong, [insert band name here] sucks, [insert band name here] rocks, and so on. And I know there's the whole freedom of speech thing, but I'm not bashing people here for exercising this right -- I'm just saying the topics can get repetitive. Fast.

3) Article topics are usually repetitive
Article topics, I've noticed, are also quite repetitive, much like journal topics. However, the common topics of articles differ from the topics of journal entries. Most of the articles tend to revolve around the following topics:
-Cutting/Emo people
-Stereotypes as a whole
-Twilight
-Miley Cyrus
-MCR/FOB/Other bands
-Homosexuality
-Individuality and what it means; how nobody is "original" or how everyone is "original"

And so on and so forth.

I'll shut up for now. I just figured I'd share a few of my observations with you guys, though you probably couldn't care less...
September 1st, 2008 at 06:24am