the wendigo. (100)

:
    @ dawn of light
    I'm so excited to see the results!!
    March 29th, 2016 at 06:46pm
  • Qhuinn.

Qhuinn. (550)

:
    I'm not even in this contest and I can't wait until the results are in. All the entries are so amazing.
    Weird
    March 29th, 2016 at 07:59pm
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    RESULTS ARE IN!

Judging this was the hardest thing I've ever done on Mibba. There were so many great authors who entered amazing entries. Here are some of my thoughts on every one of your entries (a blog version of this will be posted soon)!
    ACE
    I liked the idea of a virtual reality. This is very unique compared to other entries. The writing is especially mysterious and so I envy that talent of yours, Ella! ACE’s character sounds intriguing, as there’s pieces we know and don’t know about her yet. I thought you had a great introduction! Your layout is definitely an eye catcher.

I Wish You Stayed.
    The idea and plot is very alluring. I would love to see Jay and Erin's relationship grow more. My first thought was that they are bound to fall in love. But that could just be the romance in me talking lol. My all time favorite character was Detective Voight's mainly because his intentions are clear but at the same time mysterious. I feel like the layout matches perfectly with the plot itself.

Calliope
    Raveena's never a disappoint! She could write about freaking bees and I'd be hooked on it. Her writing is without a doubt smooth! I will be forever impressed by her writing skills and the way she structured her sentences. This entry takes mind reading to a whole new level. Sadly, I did love Roy even though he’s corrupt.

Lost Girl
    I liked Thatcher's character. He's determined and his admirable. I have to say that the amount of detail put into the chapters is amazing. It was balanced and I thought Carissa really gave it her all when trying to give a feel of her scenes. The banner is foreshadowing something. I feel like there's more to it. And I was sorta right haha.

Somewhere Between Living and Dead
    I loved how the main point of view is in based on the alluring character Kara created. The main character, Sonja, is obviously marked up with some secrets and I loved it! The direction isn't so clear, which I think makes a great plot. There could be some twists in this story the readers aren't fully aware of and that is one great factor for a promising plot!

Doe
    Lizz (losing control.) is beyond talented when it comes to making any smaller detail shine. I thought she did a great job with creating a clear scenery of her introduction. I liked the suspense she creates, thus making readers ache for more. Your layout is chilling so it lets us think of the possible directions you could lead us in.

Trust Me
    I noticed the main characters’ personalities sparking in this. Alex (swell) did a great job showing off Maria and Rachel's personalities, while in a difficult situation. The way they spoke was a bit more modern and I liked that about them. As I especially liked the direction of the story, the twists at the end were mind blowing. I thought the lack of remorse with Tyler was very interesting to read.

In Satan's Hands
    I did like how Mandy (The Alpha's Angel) implants the effect of mystery in her writing. She made me very curious of the main character's mindset. With that, it is often mentioned that a voice is controlling him. She managed to bring the spark of mystery across the reader's mind, as she began to elaborate more on her main character's description and his surroundings.

Zed
    I thought the summary does a great job capturing the reader's attention very quickly. The main character's voice in this is taunting and chilling. I think Victoria (nearly witches.) gets into the killer's head perfectly. With the small knicks written about the killer (ex: how he likes the comparison of himself to a snake), I could feel this character evolving with the plot. He feels no remorse and that's what makes this entry so good!

APEX
    I could tell this author thinks deeply of what to write. There's a perfect balance of mysterious and actual facts lingering in this story. I admire what the author does with the alluring thought of a partner hiding something (that could basically be a murder or something) from their significant other. And despite the heavy atmosphere, my heart couldn't contain the cutest between the two. I just love that balance of romance and crime. And I liked the idea of hiding Harry's secret, almost as if it was eating him alive YET it gave him a high he enjoyed. Definitely loved the way the author structured her words.

Insanity
    I really liked what Ashlee has going on. It's so interesting and heinous but it kept me reading and reading. Piper's thought process was very realistic and psychotic, thus making her sound downright creepy and wicked. I really feel like I was watching something from Criminal Minds.

Celestial
    I definitely enjoyed the way Celestial was described as bored. And one thing that would sum up this story: crazy woman. I also liked the way her family background is introduced into the story. She's bitter about her brother yet I could tell she cares about him. I did like how competent Cel was with her cruel world!

Bandits of Sorrow
    The beginning was smooth. The author does a great job creating scenery and keeping up with her character's actions and whatnot. I also noticed the change in the main character's chapter and personality the moment he starts a friendship. Loved that friendship and family is one of the main aspects in this story.

Opulence
    In the summary, we get a layer of one of the suspect's' mind and their thought process. He views the detective or the person questioning them as irrelevant. The suspects obviously have power and their personalities are just unpredictable and dangerous. As I did think it was interesting to have this written the way it is, it brought so many questions in my head.

Driving Dalton
    I enjoyed the suspense~ I followed through their conversations, his thoughts and his actions. The author really created nice characters. While he's in a horrible situation, his mind still wanders to a humorous state. And that gives the reader a sense of his personality. And don't get me started on the old lady~ I just loved her personality and the way she talks and how she says things. I could perfectly envision what was going on during the car ride. THIS STORY MESSED ME UP (THAT TWIST THO).

Lead-Filled Rain
    I love how well the author used description and the balance of when and how to use it. I appreciate the effort he put into making his scenes stand out. He worded things differently so I could tell he went out of his comfort zone with this! I especially liked the bond between the partners, mainly because they’re high on their feet and cruel in the mind.

Red
    This entry made me going and going. Chapter after chapter, I couldn't stop reading. Loved the intro, the twists and how it's so simple. Rachel's life told in snippets was genius. Nameless guy is just so mysterious and makes me question his existence. And the killer himself is soooooo cruel and maddening.

Awaken
    Nikki (cleopatra.) is never joking when it comes to writing. She punches her plots with so much force (description and an alter move for twists) and lets the readers want more. I did enjoy the development of the characters! The author obviously spent a great amount of time with this! I have to admit, I kinda love the idea that someone with a high authority commanded Lucifer to kill.

Driven Beyond a Reason
    This one is very interesting. I did like the main character's mindset. It was realistic and pretty much interesting to read (while in this hectic situation). The pace is so quick so don’t blink! I did like that it’s clear to the point and full of action. While reading this, I had a couple chills because the emotion from the author’s writing herself was stunning.
    IF YOU HAVE THE TIME, CHECK OUT THESE WONDERFUL STORIES~ YOU WON'T REGRET READING THEM.

Thanks to Fae for helping me out with the places. I seriously appreciate you and your wonderful help!!

AND THE WINNERS ARE ... Dance

FIRST PLACE
    APEX by louis.

SECOND PLACE
    DRIVING DALTON by dee reynolds.

THIRD PLACE
    ZED by nearly witches.

HONORABLE MENTION
    SOMEWHERE BETWEEN LIVING AND DEAD by the dalliance.
    RED by Roden.

Thank you to everyone who entered and for dealing with the wait. Winners, I'll contact you soon for your prizes.
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:22am
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    PLEASE SEE POST ABOVE
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:23am
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    PLEASE SEE POST ABOVE
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:24am
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    PLEASE SEE POST ABOVE
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:25am
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    PLEASE SEE POST ABOVE
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:25am
  • swell

swell (150)

:
    CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:33am
  • warmaiden

warmaiden (6085)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2015
    CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FURBY WINNER'S! Arms
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:37am
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    Dance Congrats to the winners! Clap
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:40am
  • Brittt

Brittt (100)

:
    Congrats winners !

@ dawn of light
    and thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed I Wish You Stayed. Have quite the ways to go with that story. i hope you continue to read newest updates!!
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:40am
  • inactive;;;

inactive;;; (210)

:
    Congrats to the winners!!Crazy This was such a fun contest. I'm so glad I got to be a part of itCute
    March 31st, 2016 at 07:41am
  • n. josten

n. josten (1270)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    I had a lot of fun helping with this, not gonna lie. tehe But this might've been the hardest thing I've done on Mibba because the entries were all so great. Even if I wasn't a co-judge, I would've wanted to see who won because AMAZING EVERYWHERE.

Congrats to all the winners!
    March 31st, 2016 at 09:32am
  • kaul hilo

kaul hilo (100)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    Of course I would sleep through the results lmfao But congratulations to all the winners!! Dance
    March 31st, 2016 at 12:51pm
  • wei wuxian.

wei wuxian. (105)

:
    i'm not crying you're crying no wait you're right i'm crying a lot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH thank you sososo much!! everyone's entries were so friggin' amazing and intriguing and good, i didn't think i stood a chance. tehe and congrats to the other winners, y'all totally deserve it! Arms aaaaah. aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAh i'm gonna be screaming all night because this was such a surprise to come home to after such a shit day oh my lordy thank you thank you! Crazy

did i need to type this much omg i think i'm mibba's resident bigmouth
    April 1st, 2016 at 02:01am
  • dee reynolds.

dee reynolds. (100)

:
    @ dawn of light
    OMG SECOND PLACE THANK YOU!!!!
    Seriously, thank you! I wasn't expecting to even place thanks to all the amazing entries, haha. No lie, I did start to tear up a bit. But thank you, seriously, you've made my day. Arms
    April 1st, 2016 at 04:49am
  • Roden.

Roden. (100)

:
    Oh wow T___T Thanks.
    April 1st, 2016 at 09:33pm
  • January Rose

January Rose (100)

:
    Congrats to the winners!!! I've read almost all of the stories entered into the contest, and I was very impressed! The authors were amazing and the stories well written! I can see why you had a hard time picking a winner! Very Happy
    April 3rd, 2016 at 07:54am
  • dawn of light

dawn of light (100)

:
    @ January Rose
    I had so much fun with this contest! So many amazing entries, indeed Weird
    April 3rd, 2016 at 07:56am
  • January Rose

January Rose (100)

:
    @ dawn of light
    Yah! This was a super cool idea for a contest, very creative!
    April 3rd, 2016 at 07:58am