Holiday Hitlist

• Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    Admin

Give the gift of holiday cheer and your wonderful, creative story-telling with this year's Holiday Hitlist. Use these prompts as inspiration for new drabbles, one-shots, or just jam 'em all into one big holiday story. End this year with a big, writing bang!

* Don't forget to tag your stories with 'HolidayHitlist' so Mibbians can find them once they're posted.
    • You got locked out of your apartment in your t-shirt and socks, and your roommate won't be home for another couple of hours
    • Of course you're sick on your favorite day of the year.
    • New Year's Eve in the ER.
    • Your rent doesn't cover heating and you're really cheap/broke, so I guess we're freezing this Christmas.
    • I usually spend the holidays with my brother, but he's spending it with his new girlfriend's family.
    • I don't understand what that holiday is and, quite frankly, it sounds made-up.
    • Dinner with your parents took a surprising turn.
    • It's like Groundhog's Day but for Christmas.
    • I'm looking for places to volunteer this holiday because I'd just can't with my family this year.
    • Are you spending the holidays alone? Come over next door and join me and friends/family for the evening. Also, sorry we're such a hot-mess.
    • My goodness, did she really bring the Kwanzaa cake to the office party?
    • Maybe the kid in Home Alone intentionally stayed behind.
    • I know we've broken up, but I bought this awesome gift for you months ago, so here! Take it!
    • I've received a neatly wrapped, secret present on my doorstep every day this month. I don't know if I'm flattered or mildly threatened.
    • I'm so sick of people acting like Christmas is the only end-of-year holiday!
    • Someone has a bad reaction to the 'secret' ingredient in Aunt Linda's spiked eggnog. (Nutmeg. The secret ingredient is nutmeg.)
    • I suck at picking out gifts, but I'm great at wrapping. You suck at wrapping, but are great at picking out gifts. Maybe we can work something out?
    • I stepped out into the hallway because I needed a break from my overbearing family and, wow, looks like I'm not the only one.
    • Six-inches of snow has fallen and every time you walk past my house, you disturb my neatly cultivated walking path.
    • It's cold, snowing, and miserable and your stupid (lovely) cat just ran out the front door.
    • This moment has all the trappings of a made-for-TV holiday meet-cute, except that the longer I know you, the less I like you.
    • We wrapped all the presents but forgot to label them.
    • I drew a practical-strangers name in the office Secret Santa pool. Now I'm internet-stalking them and, oops, I think I'm getting a crush.
    • I'm pretty sure Christmas isn't a 'fireworks' holiday and you're driving my dog crazy.
    • One friend invites you over for a holiday dinner and you realized you've been Gatsby'd by another old friend - only all the flowers are mistletoe.
    • She's one of those girls who hangs Christmas lights in her room yearlong.
    • You keep dragging leaves/snow into the house and it's driving me crazy.
    • It's my turn to stay late this year, so I'm all alone in the office on Christmas Eve.
    • The atrocities committed in Wal-Mart cannot be undone.
    • No, I wasn't trespassing. I just saw your huge menorah from outside and I was trying to take a photo to send to my mom.

Yes! You can earn custom ranks for this challenge:

TBA: 1 - 10 prompts completed
    TBA: 11 - 20 prompts completed
    TBA: 20 - 29 prompts completed

Holiday Hitter: all 30 prompts completed (this rank is a collectible rank - you'll get to keep it forever.)

* If you have any ideas for the ranks, let me know. :)
    December 2nd, 2016 at 06:11am
  • Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    Admin
    Audrey T | 0 - 30
    December 2nd, 2016 at 06:18am
  • quetzalcoatl

quetzalcoatl (235)

:
    zeref | 0
    December 2nd, 2016 at 06:37am