In Times Of Struggle

  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    "That would be fantastic actually. He's going to need something to help keep his leg immobile for a bit," She said over her shoulder as she began cleaning the wound.

    She grabbed some alcohol and sighed, turning to the man. "I'm sorry we don't have the right equipment, but this may hurt. Your leg has broken, it needs to be set as best it can. You have a cut that needs to be closed as well. Do I have your permission to help you?"

    He nodded quickly and closed his eyes, holding onto his other hand. "Yes, just do what you can."

    She sighed and began resetting the bones, moving them until she was positive they would heal mostly normally. She poured some alcohol onto his leg, letting it go into the wound to disinfect it as best as she could. She had wrapped it up with one of the bandages in the bag. She would need to close it, but she didn't want to put him into shock. "Just rest for now." She told him, handing him some water to drink.

    She began checking the others, it was mostly flesh wounds, and one other broken bone an arm. But aside from that it was nasty cuts and concussions. So she pulled out her flashlight in order to check their eyes while she cleaned wounds on their face.
    December 24th, 2016 at 03:18am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Talia has finally finished building the splint after setting the fire up then sat down resting her head on her knees, she was feeling dizzy so she sipped some water slowly making sure to take deep breaths. She knew shock would eventually set in from the crash, her body was aching in ways she couldn't describe, her body and neck were the most sore but her head was beginning to throb as well. She saw the raft coming back to short, when they hit land she smiled a little seeing they had brought a lot of things, even managed to fit most of the carry on luggage onto the raft. She stood up to help them pull it to shore then sighed, "Looks like you loaded everything then?"

    "We got all of the food, water and medical supplies, most of the carry on's everyone can come claim their things and we got enough blankets and pillows for everyone," Yugeyeom said to her nodding and she sighed a little in relief. It was good to know everyone would be alright if it got chilly - with the fire going strong at a medium height they'd be just fine. "I am going to start making my way around the island looking for fresh water, unless it's in the middle, I want to try and find a path of sorts. Surely animals have to have one," she said to them as she thought about it.

    He nodded a little, "should we make a weapon?" he asked, "animals might try to hurt us,"

    "thats a good idea," she noted as she thought about it, 'there are so long sticks over here that are pretty hefty I can use one of those to take with me, you should rest; drink water stay out of the sun you've worked hard,"
    December 24th, 2016 at 03:29am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    She turned to those who had just come back, gesturing for them to come to her. "Come here when you get a chance, I need to check you." She said, turning back to the person she was checking. Most of them had concussions, and were sitting or laying on the beach.

    She turned to the people who just came off the raft and gestured for them to come over to her. Bambam brought her the information he had put together for her, and then sat down so she could make sure they were okay enough.

    Jackson gathered some sticks, and pulled off his shirt, leaving him in his jeans. He tossed the stuff down, going around to check for others to go looking for water. "Alright, who's going with me? Lets hurry before it gets too hot,"
    December 24th, 2016 at 04:17am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Talia looked up and stood after tying her shoes tighter, "I'll go, I can't sit still or I'll get sick," she said to him then wet her lips, "I think we have two others coming too," there were a few who seemed like they wanted to go but understandably were a bit nervous about leaving the familiar area. She looked out at the water before making her way to the east side of the island, "Lets hope there is something near here, maybe we can set up a safer route - staying by the water wouldn't be safe. It could be contaminated by us and then wild life won't go to drink, so we'll have to make trips to and from every day,"

    As they walked down the beach she saw a small group of crabs then stopped and smiled a little, "Do you think you can catch those?" she asked him as she tied the bottom of the shirt she'd been using as a sheild from the sun into a sack, "We might have a decent dinner if we're lucky,"

    Yugeyeom walked over to her then sat down in the sand and sighed a little, he had a bit of a headache but he'd been ignoring it due to things having to get done. He was hot, and thirsty but with all the training he did being hot was nothing new. "Think I'll live?" he joked as he looked at her.
    December 24th, 2016 at 04:22am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    She turned, seeing the one who helped her into the raft sit down. She was extremely grateful to him, she usually never had any real issues with her fear as long as she was on something. But open ocean terrified her.

    "No, I suspect you'll live," She smiled a little, grabbing her flashlight to check his eyes. "What's your name, how old are you, how much do you weigh, any medication?" She asked, rattling off the normal questions.

    "I really should thank you. You don't understand how much I appreciate your helping me out. I know it might not seem like a rational fear, but I really really do appreciate you're being there," She said seriously, leaning down to check his eyes.
    Jackson came over to her, setting down the bag he had been carrying. "Okay, so the planes been emptied for the most part. Once we get water, one of the flight attendants told me she knew how to clean it aside from boiling, so we'll have that too."

    He was exhausted, but the last thing he wanted was to check on himself when there was so much that needed to be done. "How many of us are going for water, should be a large enough amount in case something happens," He said as he took a sip of water.
    December 24th, 2016 at 05:02am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Talia nodded a little, "I think there is four of us, I have a lot of empty water bottles in my back pack, most of them are from people on the flight who finished their drinks. I got about twenty and had people collect more so we should have twenty a piece...so eighty bottles of water will make it back if we find any fresh water," she said to him as she walked. "You know when I signed up for a beach vacation this isn't exactly what I had in mind," she murmured gently. The island was without a doubt beautiful, but she was exhausted - if she were on a vacation spot right now she'd be asleep. Talia wondered if anyone was looking for them, she hoped they were but she would't get her hopes up, she could see several islands close by they had been lucky to crash where they did or else they might have died.
    "My name is Yugeyeom Kim, I'm nineteen, a hundred and 60 kilograms and I'm 183 centimeters," he said to her smiling a little as he introduced himself, "No medication for me," he said as he listened to her speak to him. "I don't mind,the moment was dire and everyone has something they're scared off." he shrugged a little as he looked into the light she shined into his eyes. "am I okay?" he asked.
    December 24th, 2016 at 05:10am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    She nodded as she wrote that down, moving the flashlight in and out of his line of sight. "Any headaches, dizziness, ringing in your ears," She listed, telling him to follow the light with his eyes. "Looks like you've got a concussion, most people here do. You'll have to take it easy as best as you can for now."

    She said, sighing a bit. "And thank you. I really do appreciate it." She said to him. "Drink water but be sparing as you can," She added, checking the rest of his body. "Pain anywhere aside from stiffness? If you feel any pain tell me immediately."
    Jackson laughed and sighed. "Well, its an all expense paid vacation, so there's an upside. But people are looking for us, I know they are." He said softly. He knew that they would look, but he didn't know how long it would take and it worried him. He hoped it would be a few days or weeks at most, but there was no way to tell.

    "I'm Jackson by the way," He smiled a little, fixing his shoes. "Are we ready? What are we bringing to carry the water back? I can empty out my backpack for space, but we might need a second or third bag," He said as he began emptying out his things.
    December 24th, 2016 at 04:47pm
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "I'm Talia," she said to him smiling a little as she walked, "I emptied out my backpack for that and I have one of my shirts tied into a sack, once I have time I'll stitch the holes closed to make it bigger but for not it'll do," the air was humid so there was at least that - she was getting really sore ontop of being sleepy it wasn't a good mix. "Do you think it'll cool off tonight? I hate sleeping when I'm hot," she murmured to him as she turned to look at him.
    He nodded a little,"I really didn't mind, we all need each other so its best to work together, no?" he said to her with a small smile as he looked at her. "I have have a little pain in my back, but thats it - probably bulled a muscle," he shrugged.
    December 24th, 2016 at 10:10pm
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    "You should try to take it as easy as possible," She sighed. "Though that will be hard, with everything going on." She murmured, wiping her forehead again and smearing the blood on her face. She hadn't stopped to check herself, but she was more concerned with fixing everyone else up.

    "Is there anything else you need for right now? Rest for a bit then, if you're up to it you can help some of the others. I was going to help gather some palm leaves to weave mats together, so If you feel up to that, I'd appreciate the help."
    "I hope so, the wind blows pretty cool though, so we can hope it might. It was early morning when we got here, so no doubt the hottest time of day hasn't even happened yet." He sighed, swiping a branch out of the way.

    "It might be smart to travel the island when we get a chance, maybe tomorrow once things have settled down, get a feel of what's around too. It'll be useful to know."
    December 25th, 2016 at 03:18am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "Yeah, it would be smart, I'm going to attempt to build a net sometime tonight, but I should really try to sleep a little - last thing we need is me exhausted," she joked a little as she shook her head waiting for the other two people who wanted to go to catch up to them. The day was still very young it might be closing in on ten in the morning at this rate but she wasn't entirely sure, "I wonder what high tide looks like," she said to him as she looked at the water.
    He grabbed a piece of clothe and touched her forehead with it, "Let me clean it for you," he said to her lightly as he grabbed a bottle of alchol and dampened the makeshift rags then began to clean around it, "sit still,"
    December 25th, 2016 at 03:39am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    The sting of the alcohol made her hiss and she leaned away slightly. "Ow," She mumbled, sighing a bit. "I need someone to make sure I'm okay, but I'm not sure I can ask anyone to do a check up." She said, sitting down.
    He nodded a little. "You and I need to check with the med student, we both have to get checked out," He murmured. "We can do that when we get bad. All of us need a lot of rest."
    December 25th, 2016 at 03:46am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    She nodded,"I'm fine, the bleeding stopped a while ago..." she murmured as she motioned to her head, "don't think it needs stitches though, guess we'll see, it'll be nice to wash up.. maybe I'll wash off once we get back," the salt water would be the perfect place to get clean. It would sanitize any small cuts on her and also get her clean. It had been less than seven hours since they'd crashed, part of her hoped they'd be found in a couple of days but because of where they were with all the islands in such close proximity she didn't know if they would be found as quickly as she'd hoped. When the two others who were going came with them she began walking down the beach and sighed as they made their way to the other wise, it was bigger over here - but she could see the water came up really high. She stopped when she saw splashing in the water and saw a fish attempting to get out of a small wading area; "I have an idea," she said to him with a smile on her face.

    "During high tide, fish come inwards, so if we make a makeshift wading pool like this," she said motioning to where the fish was, "We might be able to catch enough fish to feed everyone in the mornings without even doing much," the idea wasn't exactly foolproof but she could hope - she'd start thinking of ideas as they walked. If she had paper it'd be easier, but beggars couldn't be choosers.
    He nodded, "i can do one," he smiled, "Name, age, height and weight," he asked as he grabbed the pen and paper from her, ready to write everything down. He wanted to help even if it was something like this, maybe she could teach him how to do all the medical stuff she knew, it would be useful if more than one person could help out in a crisis.
    December 25th, 2016 at 03:57am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    She smiled a bit and shrugged. Why not? He seemed eager and it was cute. "Naomi Rodgers, 22, 152," She listed raising her eyebrows. "I've been experiencing dizziness, so here is my flashlight, you need to check the reaction time of my pupils. Drag the light from the outside in, if they dialate, constrict, tell me. If they shrink like their supposed to, I'm okay. We might have a problem if they get larger."
    "It couldn't hurt, we need to figure out how to make food for most of us anyway. If it works on some days and not on others, it's better than nothing." He said to her. "What would we need to build it? Just dig a hole for it?"
    December 25th, 2016 at 04:28am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "The sand that is carried in by the waves would fill it up," she said to him as she thought about it then continued walking, "Well growing food would be hard and I'm kind of hoping we won't be here that long, if we had seeds for it sure but I'm not sure even how to begin that," with some kind of miracle she hoped they'd be found within the next few days or a week at most.
    He nodded a little and did as she said, "What does a concussion look like?" he asked as he looked into her eyes.
    December 25th, 2016 at 04:33am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    "My pupils should shrink when light is shined into them. If they don't, or don't shrink quickly, it means I might have a concussion. That paired with dizziness, headaches, etc." She explained using her hand to lean him in front of her. "You'll need to block me from the sun, otherwise the flashlight doesn't do anything," She said, sighing a bit.

    "Also, headaches, dizziness, spotty vision, also signs of it. So you would ask if they've experienced any of it." She added. "But you're in that group, right? You wanted to be a doctor? Or something like it?"
    "Hopefully we aren't here for that long, but we can see what we can find around here, lots of fish for sure, coconuts, maybe there's other tropical fruit too," He said to her.

    "We should probably sit down and like talk how we're going to handle this, so everyone is on the same page." He murmured. "Better to avoid conflict," He sighed. "That's the last thing we need."
    December 26th, 2016 at 01:30am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    He nodded, "Then you have one, just like everyone else," he said to her lightly with a sigh, he had hoped maybe one person had escape the chance of being concussed but apparently not, "We'll have to take it as easy as possible then," everyone seemed to be working together so far but he knew that eventually some people would feel more entitled than others. At least thats what happened in the movies.
    Talia nodded, "There is bound to be people who feel they have more right or people who deserve less right than others but we'll work it out one way or another," as she walked she made sure to pick up random stones that looked good for building.
    December 26th, 2016 at 02:07am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    She sighed. "Of course if any of us didn't get one I would be stunned. But it would be nice to find one person who didn't," She said. "Thanks, I appreciate it once again. I'm pretty sure I've checked just about everyone now, which is good. Mostly just concussions and beaten up. It's fortunate nothing's worse. It'll be hard because a few of the older people take medicine that will end up running out if we aren't rescued quickly."
    "What are you going to do with those rocks?" He asked curiously. "I saw a few people weaving mats to sleep on, we'll probably all need to work until we have decent shelter and food, getting people to work together hopefully won't be too hard."
    December 26th, 2016 at 03:15am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "Not sure yet but they're flat, so they could be useful for something, maybe I can sharpen them to use as spears for fish," she offered as she thought about it then shrugged as she picked up another rock, "I mean I could also use it to make a oven as well - a stone oven would be good to toast the fish give it some texture - it's all about perception now," her stomach growled at the thought of food.
    He nodded a little as he thought about it,"What if some of them pass because of it? What do we do?" he asked as he looked at her. The thought of some of the people around them dying because of a sickness or a distinguished illness.
    December 26th, 2016 at 03:23am
  • musicalpanda

    musicalpanda (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    26
    Location:
    United States
    "I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent that from happening, but I'm not a doctor, and without their medication there's only so much I can do." She said softly. "Its a lot of pressure but I'm going to try."
    "There should be seasoning on the plane, for the food. At least we'll know we have that, but we'll need to plan for food for the future. The food on the plane should last us a few days as long as we're smart about it." He murmured.
    December 26th, 2016 at 04:36am
  • iron underneath;

    iron underneath; (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    He nodded a little as he looked at her, "I suppose you can only do so much," he said to her smiling a little, "and we'll work together on that, no need to be stressed,"
    Talia nodded,"that'll be nice, spreading it out as far as we can will keep the morale up," she said to him as she looked at him then smiled, "It'll work out, civilization has managed this far,"
    December 26th, 2016 at 04:43am