Joining the Mibba Magazine

• Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    Mibba Magazine Recruitment
    If you're looking to join the Mibba Magazine, here's the place to start.

Positions

There are 3 main positions on the Mibba Magazine: writers, reviewers, and editors.

Writers work on monthly articles - this can be pieces for columns or featured pieces under the month's theme. Each writer is expected to submit at least two articles each month.

Reviewers work on reviews of Mibbians' works - this includes both poems and stories. Reviewers can review stories or poems from any genre or type that's has up to an 'R' rating. Each reviewer is expected to submit at least two reviews each month.

Editors handle all of the editing for the articles and reviews posted to the Mibba Magazine. This includes proofreading for spelling/grammatical errors, as well as providing feedback on how the author can improve the piece. Since, ideally, each piece posted to the MM needs to be edited twice before published, there's often a lot of work for editors towards the middle and end of the month.

How to Apply

To apply, send your applications in via private message to me (Audrey T). All applications should include the following:
    • In the title of your PM: the position you'd like
    • Your responses to the small questionnaire below
    • An appropriate sample of your work
    Questionnaire

• How often are you on Mibba?
    • How often will you be able to log onto Mibba/check-in with the Mibba Magazine?
    • Which part(s) of the site are you most active?
    • Will you be able to work with others to brainstorm ideas and help execute the Magazine each month?
    • Will you be able to meet several deadlines throughout the month?
    • Writers and Reviewers, will you be able to work with editors to improve your articles/reviews? Can you handle constructive criticism and edits made directly to your articles/reviews?
    • Editors, will you be able to provide honest and tactful feedback?

Writing Samples

Writers
    • A link to an article or two you've written and published to Mibba. If you've written articles but haven't published them to Mibba, feel free to include the content of your article in the PM instead. Alternately, since applications aren't due in until the end of next week, you can take some time to whip up something new and submit it to Mibba.
    Reviewers
    • A link to a review you've published to Mibba. This can be a review of a Mibbian's work (like a story or poem) or a review of a published book, film/televisions show, video game, etc. Alternately, since applications aren't due in until the end of next week, you can take some time to whip up something new and submit it to Mibba.
    Editors
    • A link to an article or story you've published to Mibba. (We use the sample piece to check your grammar, spelling, and formatting, so keep that in mind.)

(If you need help with submitting an article to Mibba, PM me and I'll help you out as much as I can.)
    Deadline

All applications are due by March 17, 2017.
    If you have any questions, please ask here and I'll get back to you ASAP.
    March 9th, 2017 at 12:25am
  • BMccue91

BMccue91 (100)

:
    When I submit an application to you is it in the private message on here or to your email?
    March 12th, 2017 at 07:36pm
  • Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    @ BMccue91
    You can send your application to me here through private message.
    March 12th, 2017 at 10:20pm
  • Ruby Salazar

Ruby Salazar (105)

:
    Audrey I'm sorry I meant to apply for Reviewer! Not writer, sorry is it too late?
    March 19th, 2017 at 04:34pm
  • Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    @ Ruby Salazar
    Not too late! I'll be going through the apps tomorrow.
    March 19th, 2017 at 07:49pm
  • Audrey T

Audrey T (6730)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    Officially closed.

If you sent in an app, you should have gotten a response via PM. If you didn't get a response, please message me again. :)
    March 21st, 2017 at 12:24am