Did your life turn out how you planned it to?

• PaperStars

PaperStars (100)

:
    Hey guys, I've been browsing some of these forums and seeing some of the posts about what jobs people want, what people want to study/ travel to, got me wondering how people's lives ended up? Did you achieve your dreams, working towards them, end up somewhere completely different? Are you happy?

For me the answer is no. I envisioned I'd be successful, slim, a driver and either a successful author/journalist or even a nurse.... I'm absolutely none of those things and I'm oddly okay with that. I have an idea of what I want to do now, I'm hoping to either go into publishing, marketing or archives and I'm now going on to do a masters degree in a few weeks. I'm working slowly towards building the kind of life I want.. I'm learning how to drive and hopefully will have passed my test by next year, and, once my degree is over I'll be moving out of my crappy hometown. To where? Not sure but the world is my oyster :)

Please let me know how your lives turned out or how they are going.
    September 4th, 2018 at 10:18pm
  • VixL

VixL (100)

:
    My life didn’t turn out how I thought it would. When I was little I thought I’d would be a actress or a author. But none of that happened. When I got out of High School, I had no idea what to do with my life. So, I got pushed in different directions by my family members. First to College (which I quit) and then to the Military (which I also quit). Now I am trying to work in Childcare after bouncing from trying to go BACK to school and then trying to just work fulltime. I never would have thought I’d be where I am now. If I could go back and show my teenage self or childhood self where I am at 23 years old, I think I would be shocked. I think back then I thought life was pretty easy and that far off fantasies/dreams were accessible. But I’ve learned to live in reality.
    September 15th, 2018 at 05:41pm
  • kala83

kala83 (100)

:
    not at all and I feel like I am trying to be where I want to be as far as.being an artist a writer all that.

I mean going out of high school art was what I wanted to persue but everyone kept saying basically that will not pay the bills.
    February 27th, 2019 at 06:23am