Mibba's 2019 Writing Cup

• nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15220)

:
    Admin
    Mibba's 2019 Writing Cup

Mibba's Writing Cup is a writing challenge with a twist. Aimed at getting site members writing and interacting with one another as much as possible, this month-long challenge involves both writing as much as you can and working together as a team. Members are placed into teams with other Mibbians and are set a simple task: get the highest combined word count possible.

For every 1,000 words you write throughout February, you'll earn points for your team. You also have the choice of completing the Challenge Board - a board filled with mini-challenges and writing tasks to complete throughout the course of the month. Each task is also worth a series of points and there's a prize up for grabs for every competitor that completes the Challenge Board.

At the end of the month, points are tallied together to create both group and individual totals. The team members that comes out on top are crowned Writing Cup Champions and win both the grand prize and bragging rights for the coming year!

How Does It Work?

Sign-up for the Writing Cup is open until January 30. To join, simply fill in the form in the 'Sign Up' section below. Once the forms have been collated and sign-up is closed, you'll be assigned to a group that best matches the information you've given us.

You'll be sent a link to your group's base thread on January 31. This thread is used both to keep track of your word count and goals, and also to chat to the other members of your group. Each group will have a staff leader, who will be there to keep the main page of the thread updated with any and all important information, as well as ensuring your word count goals are up-to-date. They will be your cheerleader, and will try and keep you motivated throughout the course of the month.

Rules / Guidelines
    • Any rating, genre, fandom or story type is allowed.
    • All stories submitted must follow Mibba's Story Guidelines. Failure to do so will result in the story in question being discounted from your total word count.
    • Only words written between February 1, 2019 and February 28, 2019 will count towards your total word count.
    • Group / co-writes and re-writes of existing chapters will not be counted towards your total word count.
    • Be respectful / mindful when engaging in discussions with other group members.

To join the Writing Cup, please fill in the below form and send it via PM to nearly witches.
    Name: [you can use a pseudonym here if you wish!]
    Writing Strengths: [things you're good at - grammar, spelling, character development, etc.]
    Writing Weaknesses: [things you could use help with - grammar, spelling, character development, etc.]
    Things I Don’t Like to Read: [triggers and ratings - please use this only for things that make you uncomfortable and not for personal preference such as genres and fandoms]
    Potential Trigger Topics in My Stories: [any trigger warnings that might appear in your stories]
    Average Story Word Count: [add up your current total posted word count for stories, excluding co-writes / group writes, and divide them by the number of stories you have posted, again excluding co-writes / group writes]
    Activity: [how often are you on Mibba — are you a frequent user or are you only on a few times a week / month?]

If you have any questions about this event, please use this thread to ask them and a member of staff will get back to you ASAP!
    January 24th, 2019 at 04:00pm
  • TheDevilsHalo;

TheDevilsHalo; (100)

:
    Platform 9 ¾
    YAY!!!!
    January 24th, 2019 at 07:21pm
  • Red Arrowette

Red Arrowette (885)

:
    Magazine Staff
    I'm ready!
    Cool
    January 24th, 2019 at 07:29pm
  • matenrou.

matenrou. (105)

:
    Monster Mash
    this is probably a really silly question, i’m sorry! i just wanted to ask: are sign-ups are closed and done as of the 30th or can you still sign up on the day of the 30th? i know doing that would be super last minute & might make trouble, so i felt it necessary to ask, ahhh. sorry again!!
    January 30th, 2019 at 04:15am
  • A siren

A siren (200)

:
    Magazine Staff
    llmfao its the 30th so I guess I'm in!
    January 30th, 2019 at 08:12pm
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15220)

:
    Admin
    @ matenrou.
    @ A siren
    No, it's still the 30th here so if you guys want to enter then just fire off the entrance form to me via PM! Cute
    January 30th, 2019 at 09:38pm
  • matenrou.

matenrou. (105)

:
    Monster Mash
    @ nearly witches.
    ahh, wonderful! thank you so much Cute
    January 30th, 2019 at 10:13pm
  • kim wonshik.

kim wonshik. (2255)

:
    @ nearly witches.

...I JUST GOT ON AFTER A WEEK AND SAW YESTERDAY WAS THE DEADLINE I AM DEVASTATED mrgun

IT'S ONLY TWO HOURS INTO THE 31ST IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO PM YOU???
    January 31st, 2019 at 11:20am
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15220)

:
    Admin
    Sign-up is now closed
    January 31st, 2019 at 10:41pm