Writing Cup: Group A

• nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15230)

:
    Admin
    -

Welcome, challengers, to your Writing Cup group thread! Here you can chat, cheerlead and help our your fellow group-mates, as well as getting any help you might need yourself. This first post contains a run-down of the Writing Cup rules and guidelines, a permanent reminder of the Cup's points system and a copy of this year's Challenge Board.

Your group leaders are losing control. and leon draisaitl. If you have any questions or concerns, please ensure that you message either of them for assistance.
    -

To ensure that the Cup runs as smoothly as possible, please follow the below rules:
    • Only words written between 01 February and 28 February 2019 will be counted. Chapters should be linked back to this thread in order to be counted.
    • All stories must abide by the site's Story Guidelines. Stories / chapters that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be counted towards your final total.
    • Any rating / genre / fandom is accepted.
    • Group / co-writes cannot be counted towards your final total.
    • Word count posted should only be for new work. Rewrites of old chapters cannot be counted towards your final total.
    -

The Writing Cup uses a points system. The team with the most points at the end of the month is crowned overall winner, and there are also individual prizes up for grabs. For every 1,000 words you write, you will earn 1 point. If you reach a trigger amount within a week, you can also earn booster points based on your total:

5,000 words = 5 points
    10,000 words = 10 points
    15,000 words = 15 points
    20,000 words = 20 points
    25,000 words = 25 points
    30,000 words = 30 points

… and so on so forth. These points are added onto your total at the end of each week, and these boosters can really up your chances of winning the prizes!
    -

Although not a necessary part of the Cup, the Challenge Board is a fun way to start / continue getting involved with your group and the site in general while earning points. You receive one point for every task you complete, and an additional four points for completing the entire board. Those that complete the board will also win an additional prize.

* Please note: for the square discussing the 'Tips' forum, your comment must be in a thread other than the Comment Swap threads.

Whenever you complete a challenge, please alert one of your group leaders, who will score it off of the challenge board.
    The challenge beings February 01, 2019 in your timezone and finishes February 28, 2019 in your timezone. So, once the clock strikes midnight, you can go for it.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Tips - from leon draisaitl.: I suggest recommending and subscribing to this thread, it'll help you with staying active within your group. And please don't hesitate to ask for help if you are stuck on your writing, and don't be afraid to offer each other your advise/opinions. Keep it constructive and encouraging!

And for the leaders sake, please keep a mini-tracker for your updated stories, and the total word count. In the end we will calculate it all for the points! Cute We will be using this word counter to calculate all words.

EXAMPLE TRACKER:Week One:
    ➜ (2/01) Your Story Title (chapter#) = 1200 words
    ➜ (2/01) Your Story Title (chapter#) = 450 words

challenges
    Introduce yourself in this thread
    Write a drabble of no more than 500 words

Total Points: 3
    January 31st, 2019 at 10:09pm
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15230)

:
    Admin
    wolverine;

Week 1 total: [985 words / 1 challenge(s) = 1 point]
    ✽ 2/02 - Silence [ch.8, 985 words]

Week 2 total:
    Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

Challenges completed: 1/16
    ---------------------
    aubs
    total points: 9

Week 1 total:[626 words / 9 challenge(s) = 9 points]
    ✽2/06 - You're Finally Mine [ch. 1, 626 words]

Week 2 total: [272 words / 0 challenge(s) = 0 points]
    ✽ 2/08 - Juniper [ch. 1, 272 words]

Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

Challenges completed: 9/16
    ---------------------
    A siren

Week 1 total:[ words / 0 challenge(s) = 0 points]

Week 2 total:
    Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

Challenges completed:
    ---------------------
    matenrou.

Week 1 total:[0 words / 0 challenge(s) = 1 points]

Week 2 total:
    Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

Challenges completed:
    ---------------------
    riottkick

Week 1 total:[1034 words / 3 challenge(s) = 4 points]
    ✽ 2/03 - In the Morning [ch.1, 225 words]
    ✽ 2/07 - We'll Take Care of You [ch.1, 498 words]
    ✽ 2/07 - As You Are [ch. 1, 311 words]

Week 2 total:
    Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

Challenges completed: 4/16
    January 31st, 2019 at 10:13pm
  • Iron Man.

Iron Man. (885)

:
    Magazine Staff
    HELLO Group members! Hina here! How's everyone doing? :)

Edit: Here's my real introduction, hi guys, I'm Hina! Most of you probably already know me or have heard of me. I'm usually Mibba's resident anime, cartoon, and video game nerd. Now with that said, let's win this thing!

challenge board
    • leave a comment of at least 100 words on a group member's story
    • ask your group for feedback on a story/ chapter idea
    • write a drabble of no more than 500 words
    • create a story layout for another group member
      __
    • introduce yourself in this thread | complete
    • write a recommendation blog including a story from each member of your group
    • use a prompt from a fellow group member
    • post a giveaway blog
      __
    • post in one of the comment swap threads
    • leave a comment of at least 50 words on a story by a member of group B
    • beta/ edit a chapter of a story of one of your group members
    • comment in one of the non-comment swap threads in the "Tips" forum
      __
    • create a ficmix for a fellow group member's story
    • incorporate a ticking clock scenario in one of your stories/ chapters
    • write a Magazine review for a group member's story
    • write a one-shot about your chosen couple/ OTP

weekly totals
    __week one:
    -2/1: 0 words
    -2/2 - Silence (Chapter 8) - 985 words
    __week two:
    __week three:
    __week four:
    January 31st, 2019 at 10:59pm
  • leon draisaitl.

leon draisaitl. (150)

:
    Welcome to the 2019 Writing Cup, everyone!
    This year you have two team leaders, and that's myself, and Liz (losing control.) aka the Board Mods team aka Group A!
    So if you have any questions regarding anything to this, feel free to message either of us and we'll gladly help you out Cute

I was a leader of the winning team in the previous Writing Cup, and hopefully this year as well! Sly To those who don't know me, my name is Calli! I'm mainly known for my graphics (albeit I'm quite late with them in my defense THEY NEED TIME TO BE PERFECT!) but I'm sure you've seen me pop up every once in a while. I had fun during the Writing Cups the previous times, and excited to do this once again!

Hopefully this helps with the Mibba Revival things, good luck and have fun!
    LETS GO TEAM A!
    January 31st, 2019 at 11:25pm
  • Iron Man.

Iron Man. (885)

:
    Magazine Staff
    @ leon draisaitl.
    Callliiii! We're gonna wiinnnnn! Cute Arms
    February 1st, 2019 at 12:24am
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    WOOO TEAM A! I've never done this before so I am super duper excited! Well I guess I should introduce myself here. I'm Aubrey! I'm trying to get back into writing and can hopefully keep up with everyone else here! I like long walks on the beach and hope to find my special someone here. Wait, no, that's not right. Anyway... I'm super excited about all of this.

challenge board
    • leave a comment of at least 100 words on a group member's story | COMPLETE
    • ask your group for feedback on a story/ chapter idea
    • write a drabble of no more than 500 words | COMPLETE
    • create a story layout for another group member
      __
    • introduce yourself in this thread | COMPLETE
    • write a recommendation blog including a story from each member of your group | COMPLETE
    • use a prompt from a fellow group member | COMPLETE | thank you riotkick for the prompt, "I've wanted this for so long."
    • post a giveaway blog | COMPLETE
      __
    • post in one of the comment swap threads | COMPLETE
    • leave a comment of at least 50 words on a story by a member of group B | COMPLETE
    • beta/ edit a chapter of a story of one of your group members
    • comment in one of the non-comment swap threads in the "Tips" forum | COMPLETE
      __
    • create a ficmix for a fellow group member's story
    • incorporate a ticking clock scenario in one of your stories/ chapters
    • write a Magazine review for a group member's story
    • write a one-shot about your chosen couple/ OTP

weekly totals
    __week one:
    _____You're Finally Mine | 626 words

__week two:
    _____Juniper | 272 words

__week three:
    __week four:
    February 1st, 2019 at 01:54am
  • matenrou.

matenrou. (105)

:
    hi, everyone! i've only participated in the writing cup once before, but it was so fun! i'm really excited to get this going and have just as much, if not more fun the second time around!

as far as intros go, i'm amina (i'm more known around here as nikko, though, so call me whichever you like!) and i've been more of a lurker as of late on mibba, but i'm hoping the writing cup kicks me into changing that back to how i used to be in terms of writing. if i'm not writing - which is rare! -, i'm usually binging anime (which does wonders for inspo, let me just say) or editing on instagram. i might have to put those on the back burner for a bit this month, though, because it's time to crack down on these challenges and chapters!! let's goooo, team A!!
    weekly totals ( ˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈♥)
    __week one: na
    __week two: na
    __week three:
    ____ honne, chapter one: 3,697
    __week four:

challenges completed (ㅅ´ ˘ `)
    row one
    __leave a comment of at least 100 words on a group member's story:
    __ask your group for feedback on a story / chapter idea:
    __write a drabble of no more than 500 words:
    __create a story layout for another group member:

row two
    __introduce yourself in this thread: done!
    __write a recommendation blog including a story from each member of your group:
    __use a prompt from a fellow group member:
    __post a giveaway or "candy bowl" blog

row three
    __post in one of the comment swap threads:
    __leave a comment of at least 50 words on a story by a member of the other group:
    __beta / edit a chapter of a story by one of your group members:
    __comment in one of the non-comment swap threads in the 'Tips' forum: done!

row four
    __create a ficmix for a fellow group member's story
    __incorporate a ticking clock scenario in one of your stories / chapters:
    __write a Magazine review for a group member's story
    __write a one-shot about your chosen couple / OTP:
    February 1st, 2019 at 04:15pm
  • riottkick

riottkick (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    Hello!! I'm Rachel if you don't know! I haven't been as active (i have been checking on the site a lot just haven't been participating like I'd like to!) I have been trying to find an excuse to write, and well, here it is!! I mostly write femslash (which is a complete 360 on what I used to write XD. I'm excited!

Week 1 total: 1
    Week 2 total:
    Week 3 total:
    Week 4 total:

challenge board
    Leave a comment of at least 100 words on a group member's story
    Ask your group for feedback on a story/chapter idea
    Write a drabble of no more than 500 words - done!!
    Create a story layout for another group member

Introduce yourself in this thread - done!!
    Write a recommendation blog including a story from each member of your group - done!!!!
    Use a prompt from a fellow group member
    Post a giveaway blog - done!!

Post in one of the comment swap threads
    Leave a comment of at least 50 words on a story by a member of group B - done!!
    Beta/ edit a chapter of a story of one of your group members
    Comment in one of the non-comment swap threads in the "Tips" forum

Create a ficmix for a fellow group member's story
    Incorporate a ticking clock scenario in one of your stories/ chapters
    Write a Magazine review for a group member's story
    Write a one-shot about your chosen couple/OTP

stories

In the Morning - 226 words
    We'll Take Care of You - 499 words
    As You Are: Chapter 1 - 311 words
    A Phone Call Away - 1003 words
    February 1st, 2019 at 04:25pm
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    matenrou.:
    editing on instagram
    I totally read this as eating on instagram lol
    February 1st, 2019 at 08:07pm
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15230)

:
    Admin
    RE: Challenge Board Clarification

OKAY so here's some clarification on the way the challenge board works seeing as I haven't left a lot in the main posts.

You can only get points for a square once. So you can't post in 3 different 'Tips' threads and get a point for each. Obviously, the whole point of some of the challenges are to bring activity into some of the lesser-loved areas of the site so if you wanna post in 3 different threads, go for it. You'll get your initial point, though, and that's it.

Writing challenges can be combined. We've allowed it in the past, and we will again. So if you do a drabble and it's also a ticking-clock scenario, that ticks off two boxes. Naturally, it'd be better for your word count if it's individual stories for each but if you want to combine two, you can. Two is the maximum though - you can't combine any more than that!

Link back to proof of conversations re. some of the squares. So for example, the using a prompt by another user - just make sure you guys are posting the prompts / having the conversation in your thread! Makes it easier for us to keep track of.

Magazine Reviews. Anything reviewed needs to follow the Story Guidelines / be rated R or under!

The spelling error is intentional. First person to find it gets an additional 10 points that's a lie there's no extra points, it wasn't intentional and it will be changed within the next 24 hours

If you have any other questions, please ask your team leaders / me and we'll try and clarify more!
    February 1st, 2019 at 09:15pm
  • riottkick

riottkick (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    Here are some promot lists!

here, here, and some otp prompts!!

Basically on that tumblr, there's more prompt lists!! (Its my side blog where i save a bunch of prompts I want to use in the future)
    February 1st, 2019 at 09:45pm
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    Hello everyone! Apologies for being late to introduce myself, I've been on night shift and my brain forgets that days actually do pass when I'm nocturnal Facepalm

I'm Liz, I'll be one of your fearless leaders! I've been on Mibba for approximately 10000 years and was known before for my drabbles and entering pretty much every contest possible. I'm currently a board moderator and story editor and mostly stalk all parts of the site.

I've helped host the writing cup and participated in it before and it's always tons of fun. Like Calli said, if you need anything or have any questions, let us know! We're here to help and cheer you all on.

LET'S GO TEAM A!! Crazy
    February 2nd, 2019 at 12:46am
  • riottkick

riottkick (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ losing control.
    Hello!! :D
    February 2nd, 2019 at 12:49am
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    My goal for the day is to write at least 2,000 words and comment on a few things. But below are some prompts and all the comment swap threads if you want to try to finish the challenge board.
    prompts
    __100 theme challenge
    __December Story-a-Day Challenge
    __Un-Love You Challenge

comment swap threads
    __Story Comment Swap
    __Drabble for Drabble
    __One-Shot for One-Shot
    __Poem Comment Thread
    __Story Review Thread
    __The (Giving) Comment Swap Thread
    February 4th, 2019 at 02:15am
  • matenrou.

matenrou. (105)

:
    @ aubs
    i wish it was "eating on instagram" ugh SO MUCH MORE FUN

and thank you for the prompts & links!! In Love i'm trying to push myself to finish up something before this week is out, but if i can't pull it off, i'm definitely gonna narrow in on some challenges. Cute

@ riottkick
    thank you for the all the prompts Arms & AAH YES OTP PROMPTS ... maybe i can finally get some of these oneshots off the ground please. Facepalm
    i'm working on a chapter for a story i haven't updated in maybe 25148416516 years, but it's coming out pretty long, so i'm hoping to have it done soon! i'm also simultaneously working on something new because i'm a terrible person who shouldn't be allowed to touch a keyboard, so hopefully i can kick at least one of these things out before the end of the week!

also, if anyone wants me to look over / beta a chapter to smash a challenge out, i'm open! i've been doing it a lot in class lately so i'm kind of in that zone right now, aha.
    February 4th, 2019 at 03:17pm
  • riottkick

riottkick (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ matenrou.
    You're very welcome ❤ OTP prompts are very helpful, hoping you can get stuff done!!

'i'm also simultaneously working on something new because i'm a terrible person' wow you just called me out XD
    February 4th, 2019 at 03:23pm
  • leon draisaitl.

leon draisaitl. (150)

:

Hi all!
    I've updated everyone's progress on the main post and I'm happy to say that we have a total of 7 points!

The Writing Cup just started so it's a bit slow at the moment, we're still waiting on a member to join us. And please tag either me or Lizz to let us know the things you've all completed and don't forget to keep your masterpost updated! It is possible for us to miss the things you've done, and we don't want those points to go MIA, do we? Wink I recommend linking and crossing out your challenges like this, just to make it a bit easy for me :)

CONTINUE BEING AWESOME!
    February 5th, 2019 at 08:03am
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    We can do this everyone! (Oh, and what's a ficmix?)
    February 6th, 2019 at 08:28am
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    @ aubs
    A ficmix is a playlist based off of a story! I have a blog here with one if you wanted an example tehe
    February 6th, 2019 at 08:12pm
  • riottkick

riottkick (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ leon draisaitl.
    Write a drabble of no more than 500 words completed!! :D
    February 7th, 2019 at 06:09am