Writing Cup: Group A

• crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ leon draisaitl.
    Write a recommendation blog including a story from each member of your group completed!!
    February 7th, 2019 at 09:06am
  • leon draisaitl.

leon draisaitl. (150)

:
    @ riottkick
    Thank you! I've updated your progress Cute keep it up! Dance
    February 7th, 2019 at 12:42pm
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ leon draisaitl.
    You're welcome and I'll try!! I'm trying to get my inspiration back, so far its working!!
    February 7th, 2019 at 04:09pm
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ leon draisaitl.
    As You Are - 311 words!! I hope I'm not annoying you, haha
    February 8th, 2019 at 03:04am
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    @ leon draisaitl.
    I have completed write a recommendation blog, use a prompt from a fellow member, post in one of the comment swap threads, and leave a comment on a story of group B. Oh, and now my word count is 626!
    February 8th, 2019 at 08:43am
  • edward midford.

edward midford. (205)

:
    Mibba Master
    @ wolverine; @ riottkick @ aubs @ matenrou.

Hello friends! Hope everyone is having is doing well and having fun with the Writing Cup so far! Anyway, there was a message in our forum for Team B that I noticed wasn't in this thread, so I'd thought I'd share it over here. :)
    nearly witches.:
    I AM SORRY that I have been AWOL for the past few days, my work has been nuts. Just as a heads-up - we'll be calculating any week 1 bonus points in the next 24 hours so make sure your week 1 is updated! Anything written on the 8th February or after should go into week 2!
    nearly witches.:
    This is a PSA

I mean it isn't really. It's just me asking if you can all check that I've included all of your pieces and challenges completed for the week in this post. I'm going to be calculating the total and bonus points within the next few hours, as I said above, so I want to make sure I'm not short-changing anybody!

I don't remember if me or Mols have mentioned it yet, but we use wordcounter.net throughout the challenge to verify totals. We do this because of the following:

1) We cannot view individual totals for chapters via Mibba itself - only you can do that.
    2) All group leaders use the same word counter to verify. This makes it fair as different work counters count different things as words.

So if your totals vary slightly for your individual counts, it's just the different between the word counter on Mibba / Word / whatever and the counter we use to verify. So don't worry about it.

I haven't fully calculated everything up for this week yet but I reckon we're doing really well with points. I'll be back later on with an official week one count! tehe
    February 8th, 2019 at 10:30pm
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    Could I have some opinions about this summary? I'm not too sure about it and would like some feedback on it.
    ___Marion Stoope is the owner of Austin’s only orphanage, housing five children under one roof. Being an orphan herself, she is driven by the belief that the children she cares for are to be treated like her own, just as the previous owner believed. But as they grow older, and more turn up on her doorstep, she is finding it more difficult to care for them on her own.

___One hot day, Timothy Hollan rides into town on a tired horse without a penny to his name, carrying only an ancient toolbox in his saddlebag. He carries a deep secret that has traveled with him from his hometown, that no one must know of.

___When the two cross paths, they find that they must work side-by-side to fix the problems that they have faced in the past, as well as keep the secrets at bay.
    February 9th, 2019 at 12:18am
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ othello.
    Thank you!!! ❤
    February 9th, 2019 at 02:51am
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves so far!! I updated the masterpost with everything that wasn't already up there. If I missed anything, please let me or Calli know! We don't mean to miss anything, but that's a bit of a side effect from this whole being human thing tehe As Calli said, if you could tag either of us when you complete something and also make sure you have your masterposts updated, that'd help a lot!

Also, like othello. was so lovely as to point out, anything on or after February 8th is considered week 2. It's immensely helpful if you're able to separate the stories you've written into week one, week two, etc. so we don't have to go by Mibba's slightly wonky date system. For word count totals, we use wordcounter.net to verify everything, because as much as we love Mibba, it likes to mess with numbers a bit.

Keep trucking along, guys! If you have any questions/concerns/a bit of inspiration/anything, let myself or Calli know and we'll do our best to help Cute
    February 9th, 2019 at 07:41am
  • aubs

aubs (420)

:
    Drabble Scribe
    We are a little behind from group B, but I think we can pull through this week! Go Team A!
    February 12th, 2019 at 10:01pm
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ nearly witches.
    giveaway blog!!
    February 14th, 2019 at 03:38am
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    @ riottkick
    Got it added!

How's it going everyone? Things have been a little slow going in this, is there anything we can do to help boost up those word counts? Calli and I are always here to help!
    February 16th, 2019 at 01:37pm
  • wei wuxian.

wei wuxian. (105)

:
    @ losing control.
    hello!! this is literally minutes before midnight oh my GOD but my word count is now 3,697 & i’ve completed the challenge comment in one of the non-comment swap threads in the 'Tips' forum !!

i’m SO SORRY to my group that i’ve been out of commission for so long! school has really been kicking me in the butt and it’s driving me crazy that i’ve barely had time to sit and write. we’re coming up on break soon so my professors are kinda getting a bit lax until midterms so! i’m planning on knocking things out mibbawise this week! i said that two weeks ago & i failed but LISTEN things are DIFFERENT i’m so excited and ready to kick butt this week! Cute
    February 19th, 2019 at 05:59am
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ nearly witches.
    Leave a comment of at least 50 words on a story by a member of group B I'm not sure how to link the exact comment, but here it is! :D
    February 20th, 2019 at 05:10am
  • crldnvrs

crldnvrs (125)

:
    Ghoul of 2016
    @ nearly witches.
    A Phone Call Away 1003 words!! :3
    February 20th, 2019 at 07:06am
  • losing control.

losing control. (4250)

:
    Board Moderator
    @ matenrou.
    @ riottkick
    I'll add everything for you guys shortly!
    February 20th, 2019 at 08:30am