Writing Cup: Group B

• moonchild.

moonchild. (100)

:
    Blog Moderator
    Hi, guys! I’m so sorry for my absence, I’d somehow caught the bug and unfortunately this bitch has no immune system ;-;

You’re all doing amazing, so I want to set a challenge to bring momentum back. I’d love a drabble, limit of 550 words, written by you guys! It can be about anything, and if you choose to accept, it might just help with your inspiration Dance

You’re all doing great! Keep at it!
    February 21st, 2019 at 08:24am
  • AngelicWasteland;

AngelicWasteland; (100)

:
    Task Manager
    I shared these ones before if they help:

#1 – A character finds an odd-looking egg in the forest. When they take it home, they never could have predicted what was inside it.

#2 – This character has always had the ability to change how they looked, and so they hid their true appearance behind attractive façades. Now, their abilities aren’t working, exposing what they truly look like.

#3 – The once peaceful water dwellers have suddenly declared war on a settlement that was its only true ally. Your character has no idea why and is thrust into the war against their will.

#4 – Magic is the norm. Some excel at it, some are only okay, and others are against it completely, despite being able to use it. Your main character is the latter.

#5 – Time has always been a constant in a world where reality can be warped and stretched. Then your character, through research and hard work, discovers you can even alter time.

#6 – Your character researches untouched societies as a living. While deep in the jungle on an assignment, they accidentally allow themselves to be seen by someone from the society, a big no-no. What that person is capable of is beyond the world your character knew existed.

I've not been well, so I've been doing what I can, but hopefully I can push out some more stuff today and then knuckle down for next week!
    February 21st, 2019 at 11:20am
  • AngelicWasteland;

AngelicWasteland; (100)

:
    Task Manager
    I've been ill as well, hope you are feeling better Arms I'll take you up on that challenge
    Mr. Green
    February 21st, 2019 at 11:21am
  • kim wonshik.

kim wonshik. (2255)

:
    @ TheDevilsHalo;
    Thanks for the prompts! I like the first one a lot so I might use that one for my OTP one-shot!

And I'm sorry to hear you've been sick Sad I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Arms One thing I've been doing lately is writing a few chapters at a time, and telling myself, "Write another chapter and then you can post this online." So I'm basically holding my writing hostage, I guess? Weird What can I say, though? It works for me lmfao

Also, thanks for your lovely comment on Serendipity! I appreciated it!!
    February 21st, 2019 at 11:27am
  • AngelicWasteland;

AngelicWasteland; (100)

:
    Task Manager
    lmfao I do that sometimes Facepalm

You're welcome, it's a great story... I will catch up with the rest of it once Writing Cup is over!!
    February 21st, 2019 at 11:31am
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15230)

:
    Admin
    WEEK TWO POINTS TOTAL

Okay so I know it's technically almost week three but between (also) catching the sickness bug that's been taking the UK by storm, getting a killer migraine at the same time and my internet going down (I am currently hot-spotting from my mobile phone to use my laptop as my provider don't think it's going to be working until Monday - my creys) I haven't had a chance to get on and update you on where we are! I've kind of lost track of what we've done in terms of when the challenges were completed (I know you guys have updated everything in your posts, but it's too much for my brain to handle right now to work out what's been week 2 lmao) so I'm going to give you guys a breakdown of the word count for week 2, and then our points total for week 1 and week 2 with the challenges in it!

TheDevilsHalo;
    Words written: 5,271 words = 5 points (+ 5 BONUS)
    TOTAL POINTS: 10

Brittt
    Words written: 436 words = 0 points
    TOTAL POINTS: 0

padme;
    Words written: 0 = 0 points
    TOTAL POINTS: 0

othello.
    Words written: 11,974 words = 11 points (+ 10 BONUS)
    TOTAL POINTS: 21

kim wonshik.
    Words written: 10,387 = 10 points (+ 10 BONUS)
    TOTAL POINTS: 20

So as a total (including last week's total and all of the challenges you guys have completed as a group up until this point!) we have 111 points. Not too shabby at all! I don't know where we are in comparison to the others (and honestly, my mobile data package doesn't want me to know) but I know we're smashing it. Hopefully this is a little booster to get us through the last week! One quick thing to point out, though - blogs don't count towards the total, so I've had to leave those out if you included them. Otherwise, we're steaming on ahead really well!

I would also like to point out that we've got somebody who has completed the Challenge Board! Massive well done to othello.!

I should have our week 3 results up pretty sharpish - my data plan renews in a few days, so I'll have a fresh 40GB to run off of and worst comes to the worst, I'll steal my brother's if I run out before then. I pay for it anyway. lmfao

Keep on keeping on, team. We're very proud of you. tehe
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:04am
  • moonchild.

moonchild. (100)

:
    Blog Moderator
    111 POINTS IN TOTAL!

(also hello Vic, I sympathise completely with that bug, I think I just about died this week)

I can't believe you guys and how amazing you are, honestly. I think proud not long is an understatement of how Vic and I feel as group leaders, and the determination you guys are bringing to the table is incredible. We're definitely smashing it. Keep the momentum going!

Does anyone have any current WIPs?

Also, a massive well done to othello. for completing the challenge board!

Keep going, guys! The finishing line is almost there In Love
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:11am
  • Brittt

Brittt (100)

:
    oh yikes, i have a terrible word count compared to everyone else LOL
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:11am
  • nearly witches.

nearly witches. (15230)

:
    Admin
    @ youngblood.
    Everybody I know's had it. It still hasn't cleared off either and if it doesn't soon I'm contemplating mass-murder. Coffee

@ Brittt
    But you're writing and that's the aim of this! As long as you're writing something every week, that's a win in my book. tehe
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:24am
  • moonchild.

moonchild. (100)

:
    Blog Moderator
    @ nearly witches.
    Will happily join you in that mass murder Coffee Justice for our immune systems. Dammit.

@ Brittt
    Like Vic said, you're writing, and that's what matters. You've also been great the whole month, don't beat yourself up over it! Arms
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:26am
  • butterfly lovers.

butterfly lovers. (205)

:
    Mibba Master
    I'm so proud of this group, we're killing it! Crazy

I feel like I have way too much free time if I already completed the challenge board. lmfao But I'm happy either way, this challenge has kept me busy! :D
    February 22nd, 2019 at 12:28am
  • kim wonshik.

kim wonshik. (2255)

:
    @ othello.
    Psssst! I hope you don't mind, but I made a ficmix after reading Every Lonely Place. Shifty
    February 22nd, 2019 at 07:29am
  • butterfly lovers.

butterfly lovers. (205)

:
    Mibba Master
    @ kim wonshik.
    I just finished listening to it, it's so good. In Love Thank you so much!!!! Arms
    February 22nd, 2019 at 07:20pm
  • Brittt

Brittt (100)

:
    alright, I've been sick for like the past week so I think i'm finally feeling better. Thanks for the support you guys! i'm going to get some more writing done today! In Love
    February 23rd, 2019 at 04:50pm
  • AngelicWasteland;

AngelicWasteland; (100)

:
    Task Manager
    Feel free to message if you need any help or wanna run ideas or anything Arms
    February 23rd, 2019 at 04:53pm
  • Brittt

Brittt (100)

:
    Here is my new idea! i'm excited to see where it goes. The summary is short, but I like it.
    February 23rd, 2019 at 05:18pm
  • kim wonshik.

kim wonshik. (2255)

:
    @ nearly witches. @ youngblood. @ othello. @ TheDevilsHalo; @ Brittt

Dear teammates and admins of our lovely Team B~♥

I just wanted to write this note as a thank you for being with me on this team. You all really made this a great experience and I had fun talking with you and supporting one another as we try to dominate the writing cup. Not to gloat, but I think we absolutely killed it! Thanks for all your help and motivation in getting me to update as it's something I haven't done in about two years or so. It felt really good to get back into the swing of things.

I don't know about you guys, but I still have a few more hours till it hits Midnight and the end of the cup. I'm going to use this time to post what I have and write a few more chapters that I might be able to squeeze in before the deadline.

Thank you guys. I love you all.

*screams* GO TEAM B, WHICH STANDS FOR BETTER THAN TEAM A!

March 1st, 2019 at 06:41am
  • moonchild.

moonchild. (100)

:
    Blog Moderator
    Well, well, well, looks like the 2019 Writing Cup has ended!

I am so proud of this team for pulling together and working so hard during the month of February, and no matter what the result, you should all pat yourselves on the back, because the effort was incredible and you guys really hit it out of the park.

Hopefully, you've become more inspired, written more than you thought possible, and made a few friends within the group too! I can't wait to see what else, in terms of writing, you guys do this year.

As for results, I'm not sure when they'll be tallied, but I can't wait to see.

You guys are amazing. Honestly, truly, so proud of you.
    In Love Forever Team B(etter than A ;D)
    March 1st, 2019 at 11:23am
  • AngelicWasteland;

AngelicWasteland; (100)

:
    Task Manager
    HEY!

Just wanna say a big thank you, it's been an awesome experience this year in the writing cup with a kick ass team and I'm proud of how we all banded together. We smashed this whether we won or not!

Also a huge thank you to our lovely team leaders for their continued motivation!

You guys totally rock Arms In Love
    March 1st, 2019 at 12:42pm
  • butterfly lovers.

butterfly lovers. (205)

:
    Mibba Master
    Hello my beautiful Team B members!! In Love

This was my first time doing Writing Cup, as I've always been reluctant working in a team but I'm so glad I got over that fear. You've been so amazing and encouraging this month! I've found myself writing so much this month than I have the past few years. You've all done such an amazing work this month and I hope that this Writing Cup has given you the same motivation that it gave me. Another big thank you to you guys and our amazing team leaders. Arms
    March 1st, 2019 at 07:20pm