Editing + Proofreading

• Trick Or Treat

Trick Or Treat (100)

:
    I need a few people to do some approval reading for me. I need just a couple of people to read the first chapter of a story I'm going to be posting soon to tell me things they like, dont like, or suggestions for it. The first chapter is something that makes or breaks a story and I want to know if my first chapter is something that would entice readers to want to continue reading my story.

If you are interested just PM and I'll send a basic summary and the first chapter. All i ask is for an honest opinion and maybe a few suggestions or corrections. ^-^
    May 26th, 2012 at 05:23am
  • indigo.

indigo. (480)

:
    chooseday.:
    ^ Tom Fletcher., perhaps? The only Tom I know around here. Cute
    Thank you Smile
    June 5th, 2012 at 10:38pm
  • Mrs.Katsumi.Grinch

Mrs.Katsumi.Grinch (100)

:
    Hello Im looking for a Beta for my story Run Away Love I've two chapters posted already and its been brought to my attention that it needs some work, I've looked over it and I think I have most the kinks worked out that i could notice
    June 6th, 2012 at 02:20am
  • obscene.

obscene. (510)

:
    Hello, I'm looking for someone to read through some of my oneshots and simply look for errors. Most of them are under 1100 words and not too many errors. I just want a fresh pair of eyes. They are mainly fan fiction, a couple original fiction. If you could PM me that would be wonderful. (:

Got someone! Thanks. (:
    June 7th, 2012 at 04:26am
  • Sansa Stark

Sansa Stark (930)

:
    Hey everyone, I need someone to point out any grammar or spelling mistakes (or typos) in my story Abyssus Abyssum Invocat. I'm really trying hard to make this story the best it can be and with English as mu third language I sometimes struggle with spelling and even grammar. Please send a PM if you're willing to help. Gracias!
    June 14th, 2012 at 12:30am
  • Ayana Sioux

Ayana Sioux (1175)

:
    I need a beta for two stories. But the most urgent one is Love Tress. It's a one-shot/ true story (somewhat). It's rated PG/ PG-13. It's not on this site so I would have to email it to whoever takes on the task. I'm asking for editing, word suggestions, critique, the whole nine. Please be skilled at this, because if I'm unhappy, I'll keep looking.

The second one is something I feel like I need to find someone very dedicated and skilled at editing because it's much longer. It's also not posted on this site. It's a novel, rated PG-13/ R, kind of a romance but has more important subjects in it. It's like a story of caricatures regarding a certain race of people. But it's a big project and needs intricate detailed editing and critique.

Please PM me if you're interested in either/or, or both.
    June 15th, 2012 at 03:30am
  • Tori the Elf

Tori the Elf (100)

:
    Blurb Got someone! Thanks guys!
    June 15th, 2012 at 05:41am
  • Insane Forever

Insane Forever (100)

:
    Hey i'm looking for a beta reader for a story i'm going to up soon. I just need someone to correct any errors I have and tell me their opinion on it. After all the first chapter can break or make a story and I really want this one to work out. ^^ So please just PM me if you are interested and I will send you the first chapter. :)
    June 16th, 2012 at 01:34am
  • A Bittersweet Spell

A Bittersweet Spell (100)

:
    Hi, I need a beta for my story "A Blue Moon"
    Grammar is not my strongest subject and I make silly mistakes that my comment swap readers have pointed out. I would really appreciate it,
    story-> http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/468789/Blue-Moon
    June 17th, 2012 at 11:10am
  • briecheese

briecheese (150)

:
    --

Got someone, thanks.
    June 18th, 2012 at 09:40pm
  • Careless Whisper.

Careless Whisper. (310)

:
    I need a beta reader. It's only a prologue. Less than six hundred words, actually. I would glady return the favor if and when needed. PM if available. Thanks so much in advance. Mr. Green
    June 23rd, 2012 at 01:25am
  • SaraHorlyk

SaraHorlyk (100)

:
    Hey everybody.
    I need someone to help me pick out grammar mistakes, and various other mistakes in my new upcoming story, during the fact that English is my second language and I often get comments about my grammar, and I want this story to be "perfect". The story isn't up yet, but I'll send you the text in a private message (or other ways if you want).
    Thank you.

xx. Sara
    June 25th, 2012 at 07:42pm
  • fen'harel

fen'harel (560)

:
    Hello, I 'm looking for someone that could help me with a story I'm working on. I need help in characterization and narration style, as well as in grammatical mistakes or errors with the tense of the story.

The name of the story is "Din Season"; it's an original fiction and a fantasy story.

Any help would be appreciated and thanks beforehand.
    June 28th, 2012 at 05:45am
  • notweirdbutunique

notweirdbutunique (750)

:
    Hello!

I need someone to help me be the extra pair of eyes for a new story I'm currently writing. My other beta was busy and I don't want to pester her. I've already gotten a chapter written out and am into my second one. Anyone keen on helping, please PM me, thank you.

Oh by the way, the story I'm writing about is a fanfiction and must be comfortable reading about boys in a band. But don't worry, it's not slashy Tongue

Advanced thank you to whoever is willing to help me out Smile

Found someone, thanks!
    June 28th, 2012 at 10:41am
  • Tip of Your Tongue

Tip of Your Tongue (100)

:
    Hello all~

I need someone to be a beta for my story, Scars. The story that's up right now with that title will be deleted (sadface D:) and a new one is going to be put in place because I've found many errors with it and I'm just ready to start over since it seemed so rushed to me.

I'm looking for someone who will point out errors with things such as changing perspective (1st person, 3rd person), spelling, punctuation, and anything else that may be wrong with it, such as consistency. It is an original SLASH fiction that will have co-authors on (maybe, I hope). They have been warned about having someone check through their work. I'd like this person to be very consistent and active.

Another thing I'd like them to monitor is the plotline. They'll probably be told about it when they PM me so that way they can keep an eye on how fast the romance is moving and so on (because I don't want the romance to move too quickly). More details will be given with more questions, and please don't be hesitant to contact me. Whoever does contact me and becomes the beta will be credited in the story for their efforts.

Please PM me to contact me. Thank you.
    July 1st, 2012 at 01:03am
  • Aly Jones

Aly Jones (205)

:
    Hi! *smiles and waves shyly*

I need someone to just read through my work and help me with any minor errors I may have. I usually proofread myself, but I'm starting to feel like I don't have the time.

I have a lot of stories that I write, and that I'd need proofreading for. I write fantasy mostly, but not all the time. I also write teen and young adult fiction, adult fiction (not like erotica, as more the piece is for an older generation than myself), pre-teen fiction, comedy/humor, fantasy, a horror (to come), mystery (to come), crime (to come), and war (to come).

If any of the genres listed interest you then please send me a private message of all the genres you usually read, and I'll see if I have anything that's your cup of tea (ha, I sounded British).

I typically like the way I word things, but I have aspergers, so sometimes things don't come out the way I want it. So if anything doesn't seem to make sense then I'd like you to help me so that it makes sense, instead of just changing it without my permission. I mostly need help with misspelled words. The auto-correct on my computer has a tendacy to make mistakes on things that I normally wouldn't.

To put it simply, I'm looking for a beta. =^.^=

Thank you, and have an awesome day!

Nevermind! I found someone. :)
    July 4th, 2012 at 09:12pm
  • Careless Whisper.

Careless Whisper. (310)

:
    I need a pre-reader for the third chapter - well, fourth if you include the prologue - of this story. I've already sent it to one person for them to check out, but I'd like to get a few additional opinions as well.

I'm just second-guessing what I have so far. I want honest opinions as to if I need to add something, take something out, or perhaps just start over.

Also, it's not complete yet, and it hasn't been sent to my beta, so there may be a few errors. Not that I'd mind those errors to be pointed out (on the contrary, I'd appreciate it) but my main need is for opinions on what has been written thus far.

Thanks in advance. Cute
    July 5th, 2012 at 02:40am
  • Evil.Red.Head

Evil.Red.Head (100)

:
    Hi,

My name is Angie - my weakest point is probably punctuation with my stories and slight paragraphing difficulties. My grammar is decent but I confuse past tense at times. If anyone can help me with editing and proof reading, that would be awesome! I'm always trying to improve, so any help is definitely appreciated!
    July 10th, 2012 at 01:39pm
  • owlsongs1989

owlsongs1989 (100)

:
    I need a Beta or my story In My Dreams. It's supernatural romance about fallen angels. A fanfic. This is the first chapter : http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/466157/In-My-Dreams/
    Since I am not a native speaker of English Language and I learn the language by myself I'm note really good in editing my own work. Thanks.
    July 14th, 2012 at 09:30pm
  • Kiss Me At Sunset

Kiss Me At Sunset (100)

:
    Hello everyone. I’ve just started getting back into my writing and am on rewriting my Bard Academy story, which is a vampire story. I’m looking for someone who can help with editing for me cause of my dyslexia problem, I seem to miss little things and some times put in the wrong words. So, if anyone is willing to help me, please PM me.
    July 15th, 2012 at 08:12pm