Story Brainstorming + Mentoring

• Bella Goes Away.

Bella Goes Away. (860)

:
    I just need someone to take a look at a het sexscene and tell me whether I've implied too much or not. Like, it's more the moments leading up to the actual sex, but I want it to be "hot", while not explicit at the same time. And I'm mostly used to writing either pretty much no sexscenes or RAW SEX. Most slash as well. x'D

So basically, someone just needs to read through it and say "ugh, too much" or "NOT ENOUGH Weird"

Thanks. tehe
    April 16th, 2011 at 10:12pm
  • StarAngel171565

StarAngel171565 (100)

:
    In my Harry Potter story, my OC Heather is with Cedric. Should he die in the Goblet of Fire and have Heather bring him back, or should Heather save him before he can die?

I could really use the help deciding cause I have no idea which way to go. I can be contacted by either PM or profile comment, it doesn't really matter
    April 18th, 2011 at 07:04am
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    I just came up with a really vague idea for a story and I'd like some suggestions or ideas.
    So there's a young engaged couple and after years of being together the girl leaves the guy for his best friend and the new couple becomes immediately very close, devastating the guy and forcing him to deal with fairly serious psychological problems.

A long time has passed (I had originally thought 10yrs but I'm not positive, that might be a bit too long) and the girl and the man she left her fiance for are still together, still happy, but like she and her ex the passion had gone away a bit and she's back to her manipulative and somewhat "downer" self, as opposed to the sweet and lovey woman she was when they got together (since she was excited with a new relationship after being in such a commitment). The man she'd been with before is in an even worse situation and although he's become stable he hasn't gotten over her (even though he is functioning in his daily life and has become a bit successful). The man has a new girlfriend that really cares about him and the two are becoming close, even though his heart still belongs to his ex.

On a date (the man and his new girl haven't been seeing each other very long) the girl goes to kiss him and he backs off and tells her that although he thinks she's gorgeous and incredible he's still inlove with his ex and feels wrong doing anything physical (even just holding hands) with someone else (as he still views his ex as "his woman").

So the new girlfriend (who respects what her boyfriend is going through and really does want a future with him) gets in touch with her partner's ex and explains the situation and the ex (who really didn't hate the man, just fell out of love with him) wants to help.

So the two women get in touch with his therapist from his youth (not sure how this is gonna work out, as I realize therapist have confidentiality) to find out that he blamed himself for he and his ex-fiance's demise and also that he really idealized her (even though she often mistreated him and fueled a lot of the anger he had from other internal conflicts that didn't involve her).

So the man's ex decides that in order for him to move on and build a happy and healthy life with this new woman who really does love him, he needs to get out of the fantasy of who he thought his ex was (which has become more unrealistic during their long separation) and realize that his new girlfriend is really a better match.

The man's ex "coincidentally" meets up with him and the two get back together (and his new girlfriend, knowing the plan, lets it happen with no drama) so that she can act out and drive him to leaving her (giving him closure and allowing him to be with someone else because it was him who didn't want her - which would stop him from "waiting").

During their time together the man's ex begins to fall for him and realizes that they really did have something special, just that she was too young before and was looking for something easy and fun...
    So that's what I have... I don't know where it would go from there... since it would be SI and include people who are really in my life right now (except for the fictional future girlfriend) I don't want to make it into just some fantasy of how I'd like it to play out (the man and his ex fall back inlove after all these years and the treacherous ex best friend has something terrible happen and the girlfriend finds a new guy and there's no hard feelings) ... at the same time it might be a good way to cope (say it ends with him realizing that she hurt him and really wasn't who he'd thought) - so I dunno, maybe I should wait and see how things go for me and what I want out of this... however I'd still like feedback and some suggestions (from someone who sees it as purely fiction).
    April 18th, 2011 at 08:33am
  • Lucky Star.

Lucky Star. (100)

:
    April 30th, 2011 at 01:30am
  • fooleish

fooleish (205)

:
    I'd like someone to talk to about a potential future story. It's Andrew Garfield/Jesse Eisenberg, with gratuitous Carey Mulligan because I love her. tehe The basis of it is that Andrew and Carey are serial killers who befriend Jesse, this homeless guy living outside their apartment. I just need to talk about the plot and work out kinks and plot-holes, basically, because there are a lot of them. PM me, please?
    May 1st, 2011 at 10:23pm
  • wish on a firefly

wish on a firefly (885)

:
    NaNoWriMo 2017
    I was wondering if someone would like to um help me plot out my story idea. It's about a young couple who are getting married and they've known each other since they were kids. I kinda wanted to see how much this idea has been used. And I haven't started this idea yet, so pm/comment me if you're interested in giving me some pointers on this story idea. :)
    May 5th, 2011 at 08:10pm
  • Marinesister92

Marinesister92 (150)

:
    I've got this idea for a story that is kind of an original/fan-fiction mix. The main characters are original but the people that come into their life are famous people because in the story they work for a branch of make-a-wish. I just need to see if this idea would be good, see if what i'm thinking would be liked by many mibba users or not.
    Please and thanks?
    p.s. Message me if you'd like to help, i'll tell you more when you message me, like the fine details.
    May 8th, 2011 at 10:14pm
  • Saul Hudson

Saul Hudson (355)

:
    I need to bounce an idea off someone. It's an idea for a collection and i'd like to know if it would be a stupid idea or it's cool
    May 11th, 2011 at 12:07am
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    So I just had an idea and there are a few details I'd like to work out but mainly I'd just like to know if this is something people would be interested in. A man gets involved in a very consuming and at times unhealthy relationship while he was in high school. After four years he got engaged and six months later his fiance left him. The event was very traumatic and completely shattered his life and mentality. After twenty sex years he is still in the same place he was then, though he has a house and a job (and is around 40) his emotional maturity stopped at that point. For some reason or another he gets back in touch with his ex who is divorced and has an underaged daughter (15 or 16). I'm thinking that his ex calls him after all this time due to financial struggles but I'm not sure... Anyways, the man begins an affair with the daughter, letting her fill the void that his ex left when she broke off their engagement and since it was at such a young age and left him so emotionally crippled he is too affraid and immature to try to persue a normal adult relationship with the woman he loved now that she's back in his life and doesn't see anything wrong with what he is doing with her daughter because he feels that he's just "picking up where he left off" if that makes sense. I want there to be some sweetness in their relationship because he really does treat her well and love her (though he's mainly just chanelling his feelings for his ex into her) but I also want the story to focuss on his emotional problems and the dysfunction of the situation.
    May 12th, 2011 at 08:23am
  • volta.

volta. (1000)

:
    ^ I'm thinking that his ex calls him after all this time due to financial struggles but I'm not sure - I'm not too sure about that either. I could only see it working if she had a bit of hope that something was still there, or if they kind of kept contact over the years.
    May 12th, 2011 at 08:36am
  • volta.

volta. (1000)

:
    helped. :)
    May 27th, 2011 at 09:37am
  • Lady Welder

Lady Welder (100)

:
    I'm getting ready to begin a harry potter spin off, focusing on Snape and an original character. I'm working on character development and am looking for someone to review what I've come up and to bounce plot ideas off of. PM me if interested, thanks!
    May 27th, 2011 at 01:05pm
  • the beast.

the beast. (100)

:
    I'm having trouble deciding if I should write a story about a girl and boy's long distance relationship.
    It would be in the girls point of view.
    I don't feel like typing absolutely everything about it, but if you'd like to help me brainstorm and tell me if it's a good story or not, message me please :3
    May 28th, 2011 at 10:24am
  • xUnforgivableCursex

xUnforgivableCursex (100)

:
    I got this story idea and I was wondering if this sort of idea is cliche or not. :)

During a raid on her home town, a young girl is left to die, only to be saved by a complete stranger. Years later, she becomes an assassin for an infamous crime lord. When she is sent to kill off the son of her boss's enemy, she runs into him and without realizing that he is her victim, she begins to fall him. Can her latest target be the one to make her feel human once more?

PM or comment me if you want to help me elaborate/improve on this idea. :)
    May 30th, 2011 at 03:39am
  • cohen63

cohen63 (100)

:
    Ok, I am doing a sports story, but am pretty much lacking in one respect, how to get from game to game. Going from other stories I have read, sport stories usally cut out the parents of the title character more times than not, but is that the best way to go (football story).

I figure the best idea is to create a scenario for the main character (such as a love interest, drug issue, loss/gain of friends, etc.) during the off time to a game. But that gets old fast.

PM would be fine in order to discuss this matter. I have massive writers block due to this.

On hiatus of this story for a bit
    May 30th, 2011 at 02:18pm
  • HypocriteContradict

HypocriteContradict (100)

:
    I'm just starting to brainstorm for a new story. I don't have a lot of information yet, but I would really appreciate it if someone would give me advice on what I have so far. I don't have the actual story written, just some general information on character and plot. I think my plot might be unbelievable and unrealistic =/

PM, please?
    June 10th, 2011 at 10:04pm
  • peace .

peace . (100)

:
    I'd love for someone to critique my fan fic I Kind of Admire Your Sick Sense of Humor. It's an incomplete Frank Iero fanfic with other My Chem boys thrown in as well.I don't need any help with the plot really, because I've basically got it planned out, but I'd really like some feedback! So, opinions, and con. crit is much appreciated! You could PM me or just leave a comment if you wish. Cute Thanks! Arms
    June 11th, 2011 at 12:25am
  • sunday morning

sunday morning (150)

:
    I need help with the current story I'm working on.

It's called Howling.

Its a sci-fi story about these forbidden Hills. I was thinking there could be werewolves but that sounded cliche and I didn't know what to go with after the werewolves.

Then I really decided on putting a whole other civilization inside the Hills but I need something to go with from there.

Help please? :)
    PM me.
    June 15th, 2011 at 05:43am
  • ItsAnUglyWorld

ItsAnUglyWorld (100)

:
    I have a story idea and I'd like to know if the idea that I have is fine or not. I would also need to work out the kinks of the character's personalities. It's a fan fic with several original characters. Please PM me if you're interested..
    June 20th, 2011 at 07:23am
  • masked beauty

masked beauty (150)

:
    I have an idea for a story about a girl and I will put her through what I been through so basically a story on my life using a character? Pm me for adivce?
    June 21st, 2011 at 07:25pm