Comment the Summary

• folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    I don't understand the bolded parts, but I like the rest of it. It gives me the feeling that it's going to be an exploration of the characters themselves as well as a journey.

Through the Smoke.
    March 17th, 2011 at 01:40am
  • Roseh; believe

Roseh; believe (330)

:
    It's short and succinct, but perfectly formed. It packs quite a punch, and really gets the reader wanting to read more, to know what Ryan is thinking and how he's acting as a result of everything and what he's actually understanding as a result of the drug - which you also describe so beautifully.

Oh, How We Dream
    March 17th, 2011 at 06:49pm
  • fairyfeller

fairyfeller (1655)

:
    I like how you've chosen a quote that fits in with the theme of dreams. The summary itself is very intriging - I like your description of the diary and the writing, and how the last line is addressing the forth wall a little to draw the reader in.

After the Bell Rings
    March 19th, 2011 at 12:58pm
  • AHLICE

AHLICE (100)

:
    Wow. That summary has me scared and interested all at the same time. I just may read your story now. Very well done—it traps the reader and makes them want to read on to find out what will happen and why this killer is targeting that school.

Priscilla's Roses.
    March 19th, 2011 at 08:31pm
  • the redhead's cho

the redhead's cho (100)

:
    This just seems so ordinary and yet not. I like that. It gives the backstory that is necessary and presents to the reader what you have to expect but then gives you this idea that there is going to be more to all of this than just a normal life though his life is far from normal.

Orchard of Minds
    March 20th, 2011 at 03:00am
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    I think you mean to also have "Mae West" in that brighter blue. I'd like the quotes to be a little smaller or not have so many. I just don't think they should detract from the summary. If they were sized smaller, I think I could appreciate them more. The summary in itself is interesting. It makes me curious as to whether it would be slash or not. [I'm guessing no, but it's a thought to entertain.] I'm not one for blood and gore stuff, but this also seems like it would be intellectually stimulating, like 'Hannibal' or 'Silence of the Lambs'.

Magicked.
    March 20th, 2011 at 06:41pm
  • flyer.

flyer. (850)

:
    Mmm...I'm conflicted on this one. It's simple, which I liked, and I also liked the three rules at the top (though I wish you'd put a : after 'magicians code')
    Font was really cool there.
    In this part:'In another world Brendon, Spencer, and Ryan are magicians. Brendon is about to find out just how hard it is to keep to the code he swears by.
    ', I feel like there should be a comma after 'another world', but that's just me being super picky :)

All in all, I really did like the individual parts, but it almost feels like you've got too much going on, with the three rules, the thing in the middle, and then the quote at the bottom; it seems a bit jumbled and thrown together haphazardley.

Getting Back To Insanity
    March 20th, 2011 at 09:23pm
  • purple haze.

purple haze. (220)

:
    I like how the narrator seems a little insane but talks to the reader. I find it's a little confusing, and not quite the right words used though.

Over Exposure.
    March 23rd, 2011 at 11:57am
  • outtahereyall

outtahereyall (150)

:
    ugh, I love it. It seems like a mystery/comedy/romance all at once but it sounds like it'll be really quirky and cute. It sounds like a movie, too, which I love.

-

City Lights Burn
    March 26th, 2011 at 05:11am
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    I really like it, especially "what it meant to mean something" - that's a really good line.

Sherry McGavin and The Sixth Reich
    March 26th, 2011 at 08:18am
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    It's interesting that the summary is telling a bit of backstory and it isn't a summary for the actual book. It's worded well and it's intriguing.

Idioglossia Between Strangers.
    March 26th, 2011 at 04:30pm
  • the redhead's cho

the redhead's cho (100)

:
    I really like it. There isn't much to go on in the summary but it's enough that it makes it interesting and something that I really want to read.

The Last Twilight
    March 26th, 2011 at 09:57pm
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    I like that you explain the characters in that one line format and without giving any names. I like that it's implied this is either fantasy or a period piece, but you don't actually have to say it.

Promise Anything.
    March 26th, 2011 at 10:49pm
  • perfect disaster;

perfect disaster; (100)

:
    It's pretty straight forward. You managed to pull me in rather quickly, and I enjoyed reading it. Very Happy

Just Another regret
    March 27th, 2011 at 07:19am
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    I like everything in the first half. I think it's formatted well and it sets up backstory and gives you an idea, but without giving everything away. Not crazy about the second half though. I'm not a fan of disclaimers in stories or the explanations of ratings. Shifty

In My Mouth.
    March 27th, 2011 at 07:32am
  • die Bienen Knie

die Bienen Knie (150)

:
    I think it could use a little more, I don't really know what the story is about other than BDSM.

Sherry McGavin and The Sixth Reich
    March 27th, 2011 at 08:56am
  • the redhead's cho

the redhead's cho (100)

:
    I think that you have the story idea laid out very clearly which is a good thing. It just doesn't really seem to have a hook, it is very matter-of-fact. Though if you were going for that, it's perfect

Broken Soldier
    March 29th, 2011 at 07:57pm
  • folie a dru.

folie a dru. (1270)

:
    It's interesting. It's not my cup of tea, but I like how you show it's two distinct characters who will end up having their lives meet. I'm a little more interested in Sam's backstory than the actual plot though. tehe

In My Mouth.
    March 29th, 2011 at 08:58pm
  • turducken

turducken (100)

:
    It's definitely provocative, aha. I really like the touch of "glorious" though, mostly because it shows even though it does have some BDSM themes it's definitely consensual and not... like horror-movie-esque. I'll admit that it's not really my type, but you definitely know what you're getting into for someone who's it is. It's short and to the point, I think there could be a little more to draw the reader in but overall it gets the point across.

Chasing The Future.
    March 29th, 2011 at 10:08pm
  • AHLICE

AHLICE (100)

:
    Wow. That took my breath away. You really painted a scene—a vivid scene—and created a plot. Once you add chapters, that is definitely a story I'm interested in reading. That is that kind of summary that pulls you in immediately—normally I have a short attention span, and I don't read long-ish summaries, but I read the entire one with this one. Good job.

Fake It
    March 29th, 2011 at 11:12pm