Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

A Whole New Life

"Rule number one: No funny business while I'm here. Do that when I'm not around and with protection." Ollie said as Billie Joe and Ella snickered at the kitchen table.

The next morning had arrived so quickly Ella was relieved. She woke up refreshed and fully awake. She and Billie Joe were sitting down for a decent meal of breakfast. She hadn't sat with her parents for a meal in years.

"And I believe that's it. I need some beauty sleep." Ollie smiled at the two and headed upstairs.

"Holy shit these pancakes are awesome." Ella said digging into her breakfast. When was the last time she had pancakes?

"Yeah Mom loves making breakfast. You know she kinda thinks of you as her daughter-in-law?" Billie Joe wasn't joking.

"Are you serious?" Ella was grinning.

"Yep."

* * *
A week later, everything was going smoothly. Every morning started off good, as well as every evening. There was always something new going on and nothing redundant.

"Wake up!" Ella said as she nudged her boyfriend. She had so much energy that morning.

Billie Joe let out a groan. The night before he had yet another gig and was hung over. Lucky enough, Ella didn't chug down as much booze as he had.

"Mike bought a truck... You can crash there during lunch." She whispered in his ear. He let out another groan.

"Four more hours... 'kay?" He mumbled.

"You're worse than a five year old." Ella laughed. She thought for a second and reached over and kissed him passionately. Billie Joe suddenly burst up out of bed.

"'Kay ready for school!" He said excitedly. Ella giggled and bit her lip.

In a matter of a few minutes, they were both out of the house. Standing outside was Mike with his truck.

"I thought you were kidding." Billie Joe turned to look Ella. She shook her head.

The day turned out to be new and exciting. Things were looking up for Ella; she was finally enjoying her life and doing something productive with it.
A few days later, Billie Joe went to the local photo shop to pick up the pictures Ella had taken the day the incident had occurred.

"Why didn't you tell me you were so damn good at taking pictures?" Billie Joe said to his girlfriend when he got home, she was sitting on the couch.

"I didn't think I was... But I do like taking pictures and stuff. I know that's what I'm gonna major in in college." Ella said taking a glance at the pictures she took.

"They're awesome. It's something about them." He continued to finger through the photos of him, Mike, and Tre.

"Thanks." Ella suddenly seemed a little distant.

"Hey, something wrong?" Billie Joe put his arm around Ella.

"I was thinking of my parents and everything that's happened... " She trailed off a little.

"It's gonna be ok. My mom said she was going to help you anyway with all the court shit."

"I know, I know. I just feel like I need closure for some reason. Like them going to jail wasn't enough." The two sat in silence, Ella's head resting on Billie Joe's chest. It was one of those cheesy moments which they were both aware of; but they were enjoying it.

The remainder of the day was spent in boredom. The couple stayed home, enjoying each other's company but later on invited the guys. Ella and Tre (who was stealing some candy, once again. ) watched as Sweet Children fiddled around with their instruments. As talented as he was at songwriting, Billie Joe managed to finish writing some songs as well as find some old written songs he found lying around in his room.

"Damn Billie... You have a talent for songwriting." Ella said and smiled once the guys left.

"I'm not that great." Billie Joe shrugged after finishing playing his new song called "Rest".

"Well you have your talents and I think I have mine." She winked at him. "Anyway I have to go write a stupid 8 page paper. Fun, fun."

"Yeah umm... I don't know my homework so I'm gonna go get high with the guys."

Ella giggled. "See ya then."

Billie Joe gave her a nod and got a bong out from his pocket.

"Like I said... You have your talents and I think I have mine."