Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

The Trouble Starts

It was only a few weeks before Ella's birthday and Billie Joe had figured out what to get her in week's time. Since he had discovered her hidden talent, it was time that she embraced it. And it would start by him buying her a professional kind of camera.

He was proud of himself for planning out how the hell he was going to pay for her gift. It was definitely worth it since she had bought him a guitar. It was only the first day of March, meaning he had at least nineteen days.

Meanwhile with Ella, she had a feeling Billie Joe had something up his sleeve. His cute and sneaky grins gave it away. It was still hard to analyze what had gone on these past two months since she had basically become a new person she was more proud of. At school, people were obviously talking about her and her parents.

The old Ella would get self-conscious about what was being said. But nowadays, she shrugged it off; caring less about what others thought. She was proud of herself.

With Billie Joe being in a band and Ella finishing high school in a few months, the couple still managed to see one another. They knew they couldn't be too much of a normal high school couple but they managed to.

On the first day of the new month, Billie Joe and Ella were deep into their kisses on the couch. It had gotten to the point where Billie Joe absentmindedly put his under Ella's shirt.

"Billie, no." She murmured between kisses.

"What?" He stopped now, as they both were eye to eye.

"I wasn't comfortable because I obviously haven't you know... done it. And well I'm not ready to yet."

Billie Joe mentally kicked himself. Of course not.

"Fucking hormones." He grumbled.

Ella giggled and hugged him.

"But when I am, I'll let you know."

"I know, I know."

* * *
The following weekend was spent at Gilman Street. Sweet Children wasn't playing but the band decided to go anyway and check out other bands. Most of their night though, was spent in the back room drinking.

Most of the punks in the back room were pretty much passed out except for a few. Billie Joe took a swig of his beer.

"Ok man. Truth or dare." Mike said, starting to slur a little.

Billie Joe rolled his eyes," Didn't know this was seventh grade... " He took another swig.

"Just anssswer."

"Ummm... truth."

"Ok uhh... " Mike was thinking hard. "Have you done it with your girlfriend?"

A couple of punks were laughing.

"Noooooo... .she won't put out yet." He was starting to slur and kind of blurted it out, then chuckled a little.

In the corner of the back room, there were two girls. One was named Alicia and the other was Melanie.

Billie Joe had a history of past relationships. At one point he had gone out with Alicia's cousin and then broke up with her after a few weeks. Alicia was out to get him.

After hearing what the two girls heard, Alicia glanced over at her friend.

"Really good news, don't you think? I can manipulate this bitch next week." Alicia chuckled a little. Melanie nodded. They then headed out of the punk scene and on to just plain old Berkeley.

Right at the moment, Ella was coming in. Working on her latest paper, she was determined to have a little fun. When Alicia and Melanie saw her coming in, they gave her a little shove.

The funny thing was that they wouldn't tell each other they thought she had natural beauty for someone who had recently been abused.

Ella headed down to the back room where her boyfriend and his crazy friends were all piss-ass drunk. In the corner, she was Tre looking really sober.

"ELL-A!" Billie slurred a little... walking oddly and pressing his mouth against hers. His breath consisted of cigarettes and booze.

"Ok drunken boy, sit down." Ella laughed. She grabbed a beer and headed over towards Tre.

"Someone's looking... really, really sober tonight." She laughed a little as she saw Tre pouting a little.

"I'm the fucking designated driver crap." Tre mumbled. "But hey, you're here hot stuff." Tre's expression suddenly turned happy.

"Something to look forward to."

The rest of the night was spent well. Ella had drank a little bit but wasn't as tipsy as her boyfriend and his best friend. By the time she and Tre had grabbed Billie Joe and Mike, they were both singing a Ramones song at the top of their lungs.

"Typical night at Gilman's huh?" Ella nodded towards Mike throwing up in the bushes.

"Yep."

"You should take him to your place or something. I think I'll take drunken hottie over here all by myself." Ella giggled a little as Billie Joe ran towards the bushes.

"Sure thing, hot stuff." Tre winked herding Mike down the street.

After patiently waiting a few minutes, Billie Joe finally came out of the bushes stumbling a little. Her grabbed hold of Ella's shoulder.

"You're my fuckiinnggg best friend. I LOVE YOU!" He howled, Ella laughed.

"Ok... time to go home Billie." She herded him north toward his house.

The minute they walked in, Billie Joe absentmindedly walked over to the couch and fell asleep. Ella made sure he didn't fall over or anything and headed upstairs.

Things were going great but she knew something was going to happen soon.

It always did.