Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

The Second Fight

The next weekend as well was spent at Gilman Street. As the 'gang' walked over to Gilman's, Tre was jumping around insanely.

"TIME TO HIT THE BOOZE!" he screamed, giving people permission to stare at him oddly.

Everyone laughed and Billie Joe put his hand around Ella's waist. "No booze for you Billie. You get a little too stupid," Ella grinned and winked at him.

***

The crowd of punks at Gilman Street started increasing more and more by the time it was at least 8 o'clock.

By that time, the Sweet Children band members, Tre, and Ella were sitting once again in the back room enjoying the scene while some other people were getting high in the corner.

"Look at Tre, he's like a little kid on Christmas morning," Billie Joe laughed and nodded towards Tre to Ella, having his arm around her.

"Give him a break, we had to herd you two the fuck out of here," Ella grinned again and kissed her boyfriend.

Just then, Alicia and Melanie had come. Eyeing the back room, they spotted Ella talking with Billie Joe

"Wait," Alicia stopped Melanie before she went anywhere," Wait till she's away from him."

Waiting a few minutes, Ella eventually moved around the room to go grab a beer.

"Now," she said and the duo went towards Ella.

"You're Ella, right?" Alicia said in her oh-so-perky voice.

"Yeah... "

"You go out with the lead singer of Sweet Children, Billie Joe right?"

"Yeah... can I help you or something?" Ella took a look at the girl who was talking to her. Right behind her there was a girl just like her as if they were clones. She was getting confused.
"You know," Alicia grabbed a beer for her own self," My cousin used to
go out with him. Not much of a commitment guy either."
"Umm ok... " Ella continued to give her a confused look.

"Just letting you know. Oh and by the way, he likes girls who actually put out."

The last sentence made her ears burn. What the hell was going on?

"Excuse me?"

"Oh you know... last week they were playing Truth or Dare and uhh I guess it slipped out from him." Alicia giggled.

Ella narrowed her eyes at Alicia.

From across the room, Billie Joe could tell something was wrong. He nudged Mike impatiently.

"What? What?" Mike could tell as well something was up.

"That two-timing bitch. Alicia. Oh shit, she's talking to her. Dammit." Billie Joe practically ran over to Ella.

"Hey... what's umm going on?" He asked a little too hurriedly. Ella though, was too engrossed in listening to what Alicia had to say.

"I say you better watch out. He might wrong a song or two about you but he
is such a backstabber. It's what he did to my cousin. He likes
his girls to be non-virgins too." Alicia winked at Ella and smiled.

Ella was fuming. She was pissed. Big time.

Without even realizing it herself, she slapped Alicia across the face. The
slap was loud enough to stop everyone from what they were doing. All that
could be heard was the punk music outside the room that was blasting.

Alicia punched her in return, starting a fight full of punches and kicks. Billie Joe pulled Ella off of Alicia while Al did vice-versa.

"Get the fuck off of me." She muttered angrily to Billie Joe and quickly stormed out of the room. Her boyfriend ran after her.

Ella ran fast out of Gilman Street. She heard her name faintly being called the whole way to Billie Joe's house. As she got there, she got out the key and jiggled it furiously into the lock and finally got inside. She went up the stairs to the room she was staying in, shut the door and sat on the bed.

For what seemed like a lifetime, Ella sat there with angry tears rolling
down her cheeks. Was her relationship a lie? Was Billie Joe just some guy who wanted sex and trying to just flirt with her? Were they even actually in love?

Downstairs, she faintly heard the door open.

"El?" Billie Joe called from downstairs. She didn't answer.

Meanwhile, downstairs Billie Joe was upset. Alicia had manipulated Ella and telling her some things that weren't true. He needed to talk to her and work things out. Alicia had probably told her more bullshit to make her this upset.

He quickly made his way upstairs to find the door to Ella's room was closed. She was definitely here.

Billie Joe quietly opened the door to find his girlfriend sitting on her bed with her back facing him. He walked over to her bed, sat down, and stroked her hair.

"What happened El?"

Sniffling, Ella got up and faced her boyfriend.

"Why did you say it last week?" She was angry and her chocolate brown eyes looked hurt.

"Say what?"

"That I wouldn't put out." Ella said sternly wiping some of the tears on her cheek with the back of her hand.

Billie Joe's eyes widened. Now he remembered. Shit, shit, shit.

"I-I was drunk... and we were just playing truth or dare. I guess I just blurted it out."

"Well there had to be a reason you said it Billie. It doesn't matter whether you were drunk or not. I can't believe you'd even let yourself tell anyone that!"

"El, I'm so sorry... maybe there was a reason I said it. I guess I was kind of freaked out that you know, you and me couldn't do what I've done with all my previous girlfriends." He sighed.

Ella sighed too.

"God Billie. Why don't you get it? I'm not ready for all of that yet."

"I do get it Ella."

"I don't think you do. But that girl told me that other stuff too... "

"What did she tell you?" Billie Joe gulped. What did Alicia manipulate her into thinking?

"That you're just some guy who randomly writes songs for girls just to get to fall for you." Ella crossed her arms.

"What?! That's absolute bullshit! Are you gonna believe her?"

"I don't know what to think anymore. I just think we need to cool off right now. Take a break for each other. Maybe our relationship is just a lie... "

Billie Joe walked up to Ella and looked her straight in the face.

"Don't say that El. Please don't. It's not a lie. Why do you believe that bitch?" He was panicking. He knew the truth. Alicia was such a liar.

"I don't know. I just don't know what to think anymore." Ella turned around and it was a sign for Billie Joe to leave.

What had gotten into her? Ella was feeling so unsure of everything for some reason. Why did she believe someone she didn't even know? She was so confused.

Billie Joe went back into his room upset. He sat on his bed angry. Everything was going great with him and Ella. And now everything was just so... confusing. After a minute or so, he stormed out of his room to get back to Gilman Street.

***

When he arrived at Gilman Street, he spotted Alicia in the far corner. He headed over there. She was innocently drinking a beer by the wall.

"Why the fuck did you tell her all those lies?" Billie Joe yelled.

"Lies? Please man, you fucked over my cousin big time." Alicia gave him a dirty look.

"That was a LONG time ago Alicia. Your cousin already got over IT. What the fuck is your problem?"

"Just making sure no one goes out with the prick."

"You manipulated my girlfriend. Over something that was none of your business."

"Whatever. Fuck you then. Your girl is barely a punk anyway. She shouldn't be accepted here and neither should you and your shitty band," she spat at him.

"Go to hell," he muttered and stormed out of Gilman Street without another word.