Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

Change Keeps On Coming

"Billie Joe, I can't believe you went to class!" Billie Joe's best friend Mike Dirnt said to him, passing back a joint in the school parking lot.

Billie Joe took the joint and said, "Well I needed a quiet place to work on a new song for the band," Billie Joe said to his friend.

Their band was Sweet Children. Billie Joe did vocals and guitar, Mike was the bass player, and their friend Al Sobrante was their drummer.

"You coulda used the library dude," Mike said laughing.

"I don't even know where that even is! By the way, where the fuck is Al?"

"He told me he was gonna go to some classes or something," Mike said.

"Lately he's been acting like this band means nothing to him," Billie Joe said sounding hurt. Sweet Children meant everything to him.

"Nah come on Billie Joe he wouldn't do that!" Mike said knowing how his best friend felt about their band.

* * * * * *
Ella walked by herself to lunch as usual. She wished that just once someone would walk with her. Ella had been thinking about Billie Joe a lot all of a sudden. Had he been trying to be friendly or had it been some kind of mean joke? As Ella walked to the cafeteria, she began to wonder.

As always, she sat at an empty table so no one would annoy her about her being at their table.

All of a sudden, a girl with blonde hair approached her.

"Hi Ella, nice shirt. Did you get it from Good Will?" She said laughing.

In fact, Ella did. Another thing the whole school knew was that she got most of her stuff from Good Will and a student from school caught her getting stuff from there.

The blond girl who had then left her table laughing was Jessica Marsh. She was a pretty popular girl who enjoyed to taunt people. Ella wanted to stand up to her once and for all.

As the day ended, Ella wanted to belong somewhere or at least make friends. She took a glance at the school bulletin board caught her eye:

Sweet Children
Playing at 924 Gilman Street
Saturday, January 14th
Come check us out!

Saturday, January 14th? That was in 2 days! Ella quickly took the flyer from the bulletin board and put it into her book bag. Maybe she could find a way to sneak out that night.

"Gilman Street, here I come!" Ella thought to herself.