Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

Trying To Move On

Billie Joe watched her walk away as she was trying to stop crying. He could feel his own tears forming... .

When he watched her plane take off into the air, Billie Joe sighed and put his hands in his pockets. Then he slowly exited the airport.

Being on tour made him forget his troubles. The band would play at night, party hard and crash on someone's floor. Just because he had lost Ella, he wouldn't stop playing music. She had nothing to do with Green Day. This of course was a good thing in many ways.

But when the band wasn't playing, it was hard to forget his troubles. Billie Joe was depressed and feeling a little heartbroken. And he himself had to remind himself that it was "for the best."

Mike, being the best friend he could be, tried to help him out.

"It's hard man, but you have to get over it sooner or later."

Billie Joe sighed and nodded, Mike was right.

* * *

It seemed like forever since the trio had been in Berkeley. Sometime into the tour, Billie Joe, Mike, or Al not really knowing what month or day it was, ended up in Minneapolis, Minnesota where they'd be playing yet another show.

Day by day, Billie Joe was thinking less of Ella. This was a good thing for him at the time. Tonight, he'd just be playing another venue.

The band started playing to a large crowd of punks as usual. While they were playing though, Billie Joe spotted a dark haired girl. His first thought was Ella. But of course, it hadn't been her. She was different, new, and absolutely beautiful. He couldn't compare her to Ella based on looks, but he was starting to get a small crush on this girl.

The show was at last over and they were packing up their things. The girl Billie Joe had seen approached him.

"Hey," She said smiling. "You guys were great tonight."

He smiled back. "Thanks," He said.

"Do you guys have anymore 7 inch vinyls?"

"Umm... no. If you want, I can call you when we get more." He couldn't believe he had just said what he did.

"Sure, let me give you my number," The girl said, took a pen and wrote her name and number on his arm.

"See ya around," She said and took off.

Billie Joe glanced at his arm and read her name.

Adrienne

He smiled again, liking her name.

When he thought of Ella now, he felt kind of weird. Like he was doing something bad. As if he was cheating. He tried to shake it off as best as he could.

* * *
The next morning, the guys woke up in an unfamiliar place. This of course was just a fan's house as it always seemed to have been. And they of course woke up with a shitty hangover.

"Owww... my head!" Mike complained as he got off the floor.

"Shit mine too," Billie Joe grumbled as well as he tried to wake up Al.

The three of them fixed themselves up, thanked the person who owned the house and were off to their next gig.

"Hey, who's Adrienne?" Mike asked as he looked at the pen writing on his best friend's arm.

"Huh? Oh that... umm a girl's number. She wanted a vinyl." Billie Joe said and shrugged.

"We've got like twenty in the car Billie." Mike said and then took a minute to think. "You like her don't you?"

"Uhhh... "

"Come on Billie. I know you do. I'm not dumb."

Billie Joe was quiet.

"Come on admit it! I know why you're not admitting it. It's because you don't want to move on from Ella. Well guess what, you have to. She has to too."

All he did was bite his lip. Mike continued.

"I know it's hard for you. I really do. You loved her—a lot. But you both decided on what you had to do. And now, you found someone you like and you're denying it because you're afraid. Afraid to get on the fucking love wagon again."

Billie Joe nodded and stood quiet.

"Yeah, you're right."

"I know you too well man." Mike finished off.

"Yeah you do... "

He had to do this. He really had to move on. But this didn't mean he'd stop thinking of her.

Or ever stop loving her.