Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

You Think You Know Someone...

It was now the day before the band were leaving again to make an appearance on TRL (Which Green Day's lead singer had completely forgotten about until he had flipped through the channels and heard TRL's VJ Damien briefly mention the band, which made him groan in frustration.) and for Billie Joe to show up for The New York Times Arts and Leisure event where he'd be interviewed. Then it was off again to start the band's next part of their tour.

Everything was set up for when Ella and Holly would stay and leave while the guys were on tour. They'd leave by the end of their sixth month and leave the last two months of pregnancy at home, a suggestion given by each of the women's doctors.

Prior to that afternoon, the thirty-three year old pregnant woman had awoken before her boyfriend had. She was still trying to get used to having another warm body next to her while she slept. For so long she had been all alone, it was hard to adjust to things like this.

She groaned silently, not wanting to wake up the younger man and headed to the bathroom to yet again, throw up. She was looking forward to when her baby book had mentioned morning sickness would stop.

After she successfully flushed the toilet, she saw Billie Joe stirring in his sleep.

"Get your big pregnant ass back in bed." He mumbled and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

She put her hands on her hips, even though he couldn't see her.

"I do not have a big pregnant ass. I'm not even six months pregnant yet."

Billie Joe smiled even though she couldn't see him.

"I'm joking, I'm joking. You have a nice pregnant ass. Now get back in bed."

"Fine, fine. But we have to get up by the time it's noon so we can start packing."

She walked around and lay down on her side of the bed as his arms reached for her waist. Ella closed her eyes as he began to kiss her neck and her shoulder.

"Don't get your army men too excited." She giggled, knowing exactly what the punk rocker was up to.

"Why not?"

"Because you haven't even had your first cup of coffee."

"I'm not Mike; I don't need coffee for everything."

Ella reached over and patted Billie Joe's face with her hand. "Of course you don't."

He pouted like a five year old.

"Relax, Billie. You can get laid later and then brag it in Tre's face how you're getting a lot of action with a pregnant woman." She giggled.

She could feel him smirking.

"Well, you got that right."

* * *
When afternoon came, Ella jumped up out of bed and shook her boyfriend annoyingly, making him swat his arms around with his eyes still closed.

"You've always been the energetic one when it comes to waking up." He moaned as he continued to toss and turn.

"I guess that's a good thing, or else your band mates would be on tour without their lead singer. Now get up before I drag Holly in here and make her start talking to you about purses or something girly. And you know my best friend is really, really talkative about thing like periods, purses... the works."

"I'M UP!" He suddenly jumped out of bed, made a dash to the bathroom, and a few moments later, the shower started making noise.

Ella grinned, satisfied with her victory.

The two immediately started packing the belongings they needed since they'd be heading straight to Germany the day after tomorrow. It was yet one of the other things Ella would have to learn to adjust to more in the future.

Of course when she had her job as a photojournalist, there'd be traveling involved. But never so much as following a band on tour.

"So how'd it go with Mike?" Ella asked her best friend a little while later over lunch at a local diner. The chaos would start up again when everyone would be leaving for New York in a few hours.

"It went fine," Holly said, biting into her hamburger like a starving homeless person. Food cravings were getting the best of her. "We fought. Then made up, and then had make up sex."

The thirty-three year old smiled at her fellow pregnant friend. "Sounds fine to me too."

The two finished up their lunch and left a very good tip for the waitress serving them, then headed outside into the warm weather.

They walked outside, striking up some sort of a conversation when suddenly Ella bumped into someone by accident.

"Whoops, I'm sorry," She said politely, then looked at the older woman and her mouth dropped open.

"Ollie?" She exclaimed looking directly into the woman's eyes.

"Ella?" She asked breathlessly, a smile coming onto her face.

The younger woman hugged her boyfriend's mother as Holly stood there, waiting for an introduction.

"Oh, sorry," She said as she noticed the look on Holly's face. "Holly, this is Billie Joe's mother, Ollie. Ollie, this is my good friend and also Mike's girlfriend, Holly."

They both shook hands.

"So what are you doing back in California?" Ollie asked with a smug smile on her face.

"You didn't hear that Billie Joe and I got back together?"

"No. From last I heard, he and Adrienne split. I'm actually about to go pick the kids up, the poor girl isn't feeling too well." She frowned.

Ella gave her a smile. "Well we are and umm... my friend and I are expecting."

This made the older woman grin with joy as she hugged the two. "Congratulations to you both!"

"Thanks." They both said.

"I have to get going; I wanted to pick up some soup for Adrienne before I pick up Joey and Jakob. It was great seeing you, Ella. And it was nice meeting you Holly." She waved as she made her way inside the dinner.

* * *
"Why didn't you tell your mom we had gotten back together?" The thirty-three year old asked her boyfriend as she returned home.

He shrugged. "I've been too busy with you?" He offered with a sly grin.

She returned the sly grin. "Well that's a very good reason," She said as she poked his chest.

"Now... can we maybe continue this morning?" There was a smirk dying to come out and show itself, but Billie Joe fought it.

"What's with this excitement—no pun intended. You're like a teenage boy dying to lose his virginity."

"That's funny because that's what sort of happened."

Billie Joe's girlfriend chuckled softly and put her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her so their lips weren't too far from one another. Everything suddenly got serious as she placed lips against his, tenderly as he safely put his arm around her back.

An hour later, the two both ended up together in bed.

"Happy now?" Ella asked him while laughing softly.

"If only you knew... "

"I'll pretend I know what you're talking about."

"Come on El. I'm serious," He made her face him. "I haven't been this happy for a while now. I mean, with Adie there were times but then all of that started to fade." Her expression turned from amused to suddenly serious.

"Then I know what you're talking about." She looked at him and his piercing green eyes.

Ella nuzzled her head into his neck and kept it there for a while, leaving a comfortable silence between them.

"Do you think we should get dressed soon?" Billie Joe asked her after the long, comfortable silence.

She picked up her head and looked at the digital clock to her right.

"It's only four. We're leaving at six but meeting up with everyone a half hour before the plane takes off... "

"I'd suggest more of what we were doing before," He said, giving her a sly grin. "But I need to go see the boys at my mom's house."

"Sure. Whatever you need to do. Actually... I was thinking of doing something before we leave."

"What is it?"

Ella wrapped the bed sheet around her chest as she sat up in bed, looking at her boyfriend.

"I know this is kind of a weird thing to do and it's definitely out of the blue. But—I want to sort of make some kind of peace with Adrienne."

Billie Joe looked at her, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I don't know, I feel like if I'm living with you, I met the kids as your girlfriend... I'm apart of your life and so is she when it comes to the boys."

"I see what you mean."

"And technically I am the other woman since you guys aren't even divorced yet," She scrunched up her nose. "I'm not asking for us all to have some kind of Ashton, Demi, and Bruce relationship."

"Do what you have to do, El. I'll meet you back her in an hour or so." Billie Joe got up from the bed with his boxers and looked for a shirt with his back turned to his girlfriend, shirtless. Ella looked at him up and down.

"And you say I have a big pregnant ass." She giggled.

"I do not." He whined.

A few minutes later, the couple was dressed and ready to go.

"See ya." Ella said as she headed the opposite direction. But she was stopped when she felt someone squeeze her wrist a little and pull her in for a long kiss.

"Bye."

Her boyfriend grinned at her as he left her there, stunned as if they had never kissed before.

She quickly got out of her daze and walked down the block to Adrienne's house. It wasn't as fancy as Billie Joe's, but it was a decent suburban home that was perfect enough for her and the boys. Ella walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, she saw a shadowy figure open the second door, and then the very front door. A casually dressed Adrienne opened both doors to find Ella standing there, a bit nervous at suddenly doing this.

"Hey Adrienne." Ella said, breaking the sudden silence and Adrienne's complete awe in finding her soon to be ex-husband's girlfriend standing out on her doorstep.

"Umm... hi."

To the thirty-three year old pregnant woman, Adrienne didn't look a bit sick. But she concluded the older woman by two years probably had a cold or something like that.

"Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Adrienne held the door open for Ella to walk inside. The house was beautiful. Even though it wasn't such a long time since she had been moved in, it looked absolutely wonderful. She led her into the kitchen as the two took a seat across from one another on at the kitchen table.

"So... what brings you here?" The older woman asked, still confused as to why her ex-husband's girlfriend was here.

"Well with everything that's been going on... I feel like we need to have some kind of peace with each other. I moved in with Billie, your kids know about everything now... "

"Yeah. I know. You're actually the only one who got through to Joey. Which is weird because I graduated with a degree in Psychology," She laughed softly at herself and looked at Ella who shrugged.

"I guess he needed to hear it from someone else to really believe that it's over and that everything will still be okay."

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Sure." The younger woman sat down thinking about how easy it'd be to befriend the woman even though they had their differences.

Adrienne got up but suddenly grabbed her stomach. "Uhh... excuse me. I need to really go—you know. Help yourself to the fridge." She suddenly darted out of the room.

The younger woman guessed she might've also had a twenty-four hour bug. She slowly got up and headed towards the silver refrigerator to grab some water to drink. As she closed the refrigerator door, her eyes set upon the garbage can near it. On top of the trash can she could clearly see a pregnancy test.

Suddenly, she felt sick to her stomach—and not literally. Had she slept with Billie? What was going on?

Are all the women associated with Green Day, pregnant?

She sat back down as Adrienne made her way back into the kitchen.

"I know this is a little personal... but I saw a pregnancy test in the trash can. Are—you... pregnant?" She couldn't say the last three words; she had to get them out of her system.

She watched as the older woman swallowed and nodded.

"Oh my god." Ella muttered.

"I went to the doctor's to check too."

"Is it Billie's?" She asked her, a little scared to know the answer. What would happen if it was his third child from Adrienne?

That was when she saw the tears coming down the woman's eyes. They were small, but upset tears. She shook her head at Ella's question.

"Then... whose is it?" The younger woman was now suddenly curious as to who would impregnate her if it wasn't Billie Joe.

"It's... its Mike's."