Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

A Birthday To Remember

The month of February sneaked up on the couple. With shows and interview in between, Billie Joe and Ella were trying their best to still have time together, regardless of everything else.

Happy that he had some time off after the February tenth show, the lead singer was more than happy to use the time wisely and celebrate his thirty-third birthday happily.

The day of his birthday, he woke up only to find two chocolate brown eyes staring at him.

"Happy birthday," Ella said softly, giving him a long kiss on the lips.

"Heeyy," he said, happy to start off his birthday. "I'm the birthday boy today. So we do anything I say."

"You got it, mister," she giggled and nuzzled his neck a little.

"So first, let's sleep in the entire morning."

"And here I thought the first order of business would have to do with sex."

"Mmm... good idea." The now thirty-three year old man started kissing his girlfriend's neck and chest.

"W-Wait," she said, trying to stop giggling. "Before you woo me with your kissing skills, I have to go pee."

"The minute you're done, booty back in bed." The birthday boy had a sly grin on his face.

Ella slowly got up and made her way into the restroom. Now at five months pregnant, it was obvious that she was expecting. But the size of her stomach didn't freak her out yet. She had to get used to it for three more months.

When she came back into the room, she crawled back into bed and immediately kissed her boyfriend's lips.

"Okay birthday boy, get ready to get laid," she said laughing as they both carefully went at it.

When they were done, he had a huge grin on his face.

"You satisfy me well."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment."

"Okay, okay let's sleep iinnn!" he chanted like a little boy, Ella hit him with a pillow.

"Ouu dirty pillow fight," he said.

"Mmm... yes."

Ella grinned again and kissed him as she got up.

"Noo... noo... sleepy time. I wasn't officially born till like eight at night." He pleaded and gave her puppy dog eyes.

His girlfriend was back to lying in bed again.

"Damn you, Armstrong," she said as she pulled him down by his guitar pick necklace.

* * *
By the time it was noon, the couple finally got themselves out of bed. After being herded out of the kitchen and with nothing to do but watch his girlfriend, Billie Joe leaned against the kitchen door wall, watching her scrub.

"What's with all the scrubbing?"

"Don't you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"That... smell. It smells like chlorine and rotten cheese." she continued scrubbing the floor.

"I don't smell anything. I think your sense of smell is getting stronger."

"Either that or your nostrils are sealed from sniffing glue during your teenage years." she joked.

"Hey! I didn't do that... "

Ella stopped scrubbing and stood up again, putting all the cleaning supplies back where she had found it. She looked up at her boyfriend, who had a stupid grin on his face.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"Just admiring your beauty."

She gave him a weird look.

"Either you had some pot when I wasn't looking or you're trying to be romantic."

"Can't a guy be thankful that he's not spending his thirty-third birthday depressed?"

"Uhh... yeah. You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah."

* * *
Later on in the evening, Billie Joe finally got around to celebrating his thirty-third birthday with all the people he cared about the most.

Unlike other celebrities who threw pointless big birthday bashes, the Green Day front man liked to keep it simple.

With Hole's "Celebrity Skin" blasting in the background, the birthday boy made his rounds, talking with all of his friends.

Ella dragged Mike and Tre into the kitchen to get the cake.

"For a pregnant woman, you're really bossy," Tre grumbled as he made his way towards the birthday cake.

"That's the best part," she said as she chuckled.

The three lit the candles and headed towards the living room, starting the "Happy Birthday" song as the now thirty-three year old man snaked his arm around his girlfriend's waist, blushing as everyone sung.

He clearly liked the attention as he blew out the candles and then turned to his girlfriend, tilting her a little and then giving her a long kiss.

"Awww!" Everyone gushed as an embarrassed Ella laughed.

"You are such an attention whore," she said as she grabbed hold of his right cheek and pinched it.

"Pfft. You know you love it." He whispered in her ear.

After a few hours of dancing, communicating, and horsing around, Billie Joe's thirty-third birthday party slowly came to an end.

"Do I have to clean?" he moaned, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Relaax, birthday boy," his girlfriend grinned, sitting across from him. "You don't have to do shit."

"I looove ALL OF YOU!" a drunken Tre stumbled into the kitchen.

"Something tells me he got drunk so he didn't have to do anything... " Holly said as she turned back around, cleaning a dish.

The thirty-two year old drummer suddenly tripped over a chair, but instantly got back up on his feet. He was then face to face with the lead singer of the band he was in.

"Happyyy birthdaayyy Mr. Armstrong," he sang drunkenly. He then kissed his best friend on the lips, suddenly shocking everyone in the kitchen, including Mike who was just walking in.

A stunned Billie Joe suddenly broke out into laughter, along with his friends.

Tre gave a dazed smile, then suddenly turned over and threw up on the floor.

"A birthday to remember." Mike said and went with Ella to go find cleaning supplies.

"Tre... how much did you drink?" Billie Joe asked him.

"Idunno," he mumbled.

Holly and Billie Joe motioned their friend onto the couch, letting him fall asleep there.

After cleaning the kitchen, the party was definitely over. Holly and Mike went home together whereas Tre passed out on the Armstrong couch.

Ella sat in the kitchen, annoyed with another weird smell but tried her best to ignore it. She suddenly heard footsteps behind her and turned around to see a grinning Billie Joe.

"Have a fun birthday?" she asked, returning the grin.

"Mmhmm. The most fun I've ever had." He put his hands near her waist.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you something... another birthday present from me," she said as she stood up, keeping his two hands on her waist.

"What?"

"I went to the doctor's this week when you were busy with promoting the album and how you won a Grammy blah-blah-blah and I found out the sex of the baby!"

"Without me?" he faked pouted.

She tugged on his shirt collar as usual, giving him a flirty smile. "You know you would've wanted me to found out anyway."

"So what are we having?" he asked anxiously.

Ella paused, creating anticipation and anxiousness for the birthday boy.

"We're having a girl."

His eyes widened and lit up.

"I've always wanted a girl!" He grabbed his girlfriend, pulling her into a hug.

"Me too," she said into his chest.

When they parted, they locked eyes and kissed. Ella cupped Billie Joe's face in her hands. They both moved towards the stairs, ready to head up to spend yet another memorable night. One of the many they'd be sharing in those two weeks.