Sequel: Hold On

Life As It Is

The Birth II

A month had gone by and within that month, everyone closest to Billie Joe and Ella knew that they were expecting yet another little addition to their family. Everyone—including Adrienne had taken the news happily, knowing that the couple was in good spirits as well.

They were all also happy that their first daughter, Phoebe was turning one on the twentieth of June.

The morning of the young Armstrong girl’s birthday was complete chaos. Everyone was running around, making sure the decorations were fine and that the cake was safe in the refrigerator.

As her parents and their friends ran around the house, the now one year old Phoebe looked up at all of them with a grin on her little face. She knew it was her special day today. That it was her birthday.

When everything was finally ready, Adrienne set down Alice and Holly set down Carlen next to Phoebe as the three played together.

Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre sat on the couch, watching the three play together. Phoebe turned around and looked up at her father, waddling over to him, her small arms motioning for him to pick her up.

With a smirk on his face, the thirty-four year old man picked her up as she squealed a little.

“Dadda,” she said as she grinned at him when he settled her on his lap.

He grinned back on her before saying, “Happy birthday, sweetie.”

Tre grinned at the little birthday girl and made funny faces at the birthday girl who giggled insanely at him.

On the other side of the living room, Ella, Holly, Laura, and Adrienne sat together.

“How’s it feel to have a one year old daughter and another kid on the way?” Holly asked a glowing Ella.

“Good. Very good,” Ella said as she looked over at her daughter who was on Tre’s lap now.

“I can’t wait till me and Tre have kids,” Laura said suddenly.

“Ha, you’d probably end up with more than three,” Adrienne joked.

“Yeah. Tre’s a rabbit in bed,” she chuckled.

“Too much information,” Ella said before getting up. “I think it’s time we get the cake.”

A few minutes later, Billie Joe and Ella went into the kitchen to get Phoebe’s birthday cake.

Billie Joe’s green eyes wandered over to Ella. The thirty-five year old woman was fumbling with lighting an old match.

When she finally lit it up and lit the candle, she looked over at her husband who was dead-on staring at her now.

“What?” she asked, smirking.

He shrugged. “You look gorgeous.”

Ella blushed like a teenage girl all over again.

“I love you,” she said softly, smirking as she tiptoed to kiss him.

Slightly dazed, the thirty-four year old man grabbed his one year old daughter’s birthday cake. His wife opened the door, looking at the living room full of her closest friends and their kids, including Billie Joe’s two sons.

As they set the birthday cake on a table, Ella found Phoebe and picked her up.

“Ooh, you’re getting big,” she said to her daughter in a silly tone.

Phoebe giggled and continued to as the whole group began singing Happy Birthday to her. Billie Joe and Ella, who was still holding Phoebe, stood over the cake as the song ended. The two along with a reluctant one year old, blew out the candle.

Holly whipped out her digital camera and took pictures as her husband rested his arms around her waist as she did so.

“Someone’s certainly hungry,” Billie Joe said as he watched his wife eat her second helping of birthday cake.

“Here come the food cravings, darling,” Ella said to him, smirking lightly as she continued to hungrily eat the piece of cake.

“And to think, just last year you were giving birth to our first child. Then this year you’re pregnant again.”

“Leave it to you to arouse me.”

The thirty-five year old woman edged closer to her husband, kissing him as he tasted the chocolate birthday cake.

“Yummy,” he said licking his lips as she grinned.

* * *
Billie Joe and Ella sat in the doctor’s office, waiting to be called. The thirty-four year old man was as bored as a smaller child would be as he leaned on Ella’s shoulder.

“How much loonnggeeerr?” he whined as she rolled her eyes playfully.

“I don’t know, Billie.”

“I wanna hear my little boy or girl inside there again,” he said as he bent over to kiss Ella’s five month old stomach that was growing day by day.

“You will, you will.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong?” The nurse called as they both looked at each other before getting up and heading into the doctor’s office, getting ready for the ultrasound.

A few minutes later, a female doctor was using the head of the ultrasound machine on Ella’s stomach to have a look at the growing baby.

“Would you like to know the sex of the baby?”


It was New Year’s Eve. Christmas was over and people were now looking forward to the year 2007.

A nearly nine month pregnant Ella waddled into the living room where Billie Joe and Tre were browsing the internet together. The thirty-five year old woman uncomfortably sat on the couch.

“What are you guys doing?”

“Tre’s reading slash again,” Billie Joe said, sighing.

“WHOA. THIS IS SO DIRTY.” Tre giggled.

“Oh really…”

“Yeah. Billie and I just got down and dirty.”

Ella laughed. “Well that’s nice to know.”

“Yeah, especially since your husband is so feisty in the sack.” Billie Joe rolled his eyes at the drummer who continued to stupidly grin.

“Hey, go on this site, Geek Stink Breath,” Tre instructed Billie Joe who slowly typed it into the web browser. “No wait, Mibba.”

“Mibba?”

“Just go on it, sweetums.”

Billie Joe typed in the site as Tre turned around to notice Ella was trying to stand up.

“Well don’t just stand there, you jackass! Help me up.”

Scared of her mood swings, Tre nodded and helped his friend up as she decided to head over to the computer screen to look at the website.

“That one is good,” The drummer said as he pointed on a story. “It’s a series about some girl who ends up with you, Billie. You’re a drunk in most of the parts too.”

“Niice.”

“And that one is a series too where poor Mikey dies.”

The thirty-four year old Green Day front man looked over at his band mate as did his wife. “How the hell do you know all of this?”

“I spend a lot of time online.”

“Seriously, what else do you do?” Ella asked the drummer.

“Masturbate, have sex with my woman…ooh that story right there, poor Lisea dies. Damn, these authors are cool, man.”

The married couple exchanged odd glances at each other.

“I like the name Mandy—Amanda, whatever that one character’s name is in the story,” Ella said.

“Really,” Billie Joe said looking over at his wife with a smile.

She nodded before starting to cry.

“What’s wrong?” her husband asked in a soft tone.

“Damn mood swings.”
“Aww.” Billie Joe reached over and planted a kiss on his wife’s forehead.

“Can you go get me some chocolate from the fridge?”

“Sure,” he said as he nudged his best friend to go with him.

Ella wiped away her sudden tears and returned to normal again. However, she kept fumbling on the couch, trying to become comfortable. But couldn’t. All of a sudden, she felt a sudden change in her pregnant stomach.

“Uggghhh,” she moaned.

“Baby, the baby’s kicking,” Ella whispered in the middle of the night, nudging Billie Joe awake.

The man groaned and fumbled in bed before jumping awake, instantly touching the growing stomach.

He grinned at her as she returned the grin, kissing his lips happily.

“It feels like I’m pregnant with Phoebe all over again.”

“Greatest feeling in the world.”

“Definitely,” she said, kissing her husband once again.


As Billie Joe and Tre raided the refrigerator, they heard a noise from the living room. As they ran in there, they saw Ella deeply breathing as she was going into labor.

“The same exact fucking spot my water broke last time,” she grumbled and growled.

“Breathe, El, breathe,” Billie Joe said as he tried to comfort his wife.

The thirty-five year old woman in labor lowered her eyes at him.

“When you can get a baby out of your vagina, then come talk to me. Other then that SHUT THE FUCK UP.”

Billie Joe widened his eyes, shocked. Tre stopped watching the two and went to get his car.

“Come on,” he called over his shoulder.

The thirty-four year old father-to-be for the fourth time helped his wife up as they both got into the back of Tre’s car. The pregnant woman was calm as the car started but had yet another contraction on the way to the hospital.

By the time the three headed to the hospital’s emergency room, Ella was sweating like a pig as each contraction was closely coming together. Tre opened the car door for the couple as they rushed inside the hospital.

Within a few minutes, a room was able to be arranged for the pregnant woman who impatiently waited for her second child to be born into the world already.

Her hormones, however, weren’t in check.

“Where the hell is Holly? I want her to be here!” she cried to her husband.

“Relax, sweetie. She’s coming with Mike and everyone else. Don’t worry,” Billie Joe said calmly as she went back to normal and nodded.

Meanwhile in the waiting room, everyone sat down, patiently waiting for the next Armstrong baby to be born. Instantly, they saw Billie Joe walk over to all of them, nothing indicating a new joy of life had been brought into the world.

“How is she?” Holly asked.

Billie Joe sighed. “Still pregnant. Doctor said she hasn’t dilated enough to deliver—Tre what the hell is that?”

Everyone turned around to look at the drummer with an armload of candy as he proudly held them.

“Hey…last time Ella was pregnant we were here till 4 in the morning. I’m just being completely ready.” He turned to Laura. “Wanna go make a baby after this?”

The thirty-four year old woman sighed, chuckling.

“Why don’t you stay here for a little bit and I’ll go comfort El?” Holly asked as she started to get up.

“Okay…but beware, her hormones are completely out of control.”

“Noted.”

* * *
A few hours later, Ella was dilated enough to give birth to her second child. And of course, by her side as always, was Billie Joe.

As he had done last time, he encouraged his sweaty wife to push and push and push until their second daughter was finally brought into the world.

“One more time,” he said loudly as she pushed for the last time, a sigh of relief came over her as she heard the faint sounds of a baby crying.

Ella looked over at her husband with happy tears in her eyes as he kissed her forehead and waiting along with her for the new addition to their family was being cleaned up by the nurses.

When they were done, the thirty-five year old mother for the second time held her daughter for the first time.

“Hi,” she said to the baby girl who had quieted down from all the crying she had done moments earlier.

Billie Joe hovered over the two as his wife soon let him hold his second daughter into his arms, kissing their little forehead.

After a while, everyone was allowed to come inside and witness the newest little Armstrong. They had rung in the year 2007 with the birth of the little girl.

Weighing in at just 6 pounds and 12 ounces, Amanda Joanne Armstrong was born on January first of 2007, at approximately two minutes after midnight. She among a few other little babies were the first ones to be born in the New Year in the entire state of California. Making the little Armstrong baby even more special than she already was.